• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

Haha you need to get your head around the fact that it's not "punch" and "kick" anymore though just different attack strengths. Not too hard for those of us that have been playing Blazblue for the last few months.
KOW 2011

Chocobuny

So I try a player match under the assumption that it won't count for anything. It was kind of close but eh I dont know what I'm doing. Find out at the end that it keeps a record of it anyway. So really, unless you want to have a horrible record online there is no way to practice with other people?

Pinolicious

But then you fool people into a false sense of security, when you start being good, you have a whole heap of losses, they think you're scrub, BUT YOU RAPE THEM WITH YOUR 20% WIN RATIO!!

Just realised that don't work, cause they also show your current win streak, even if you stop playing and turn off your machine, when you next jump online, it'll still say your on whatever number of win streak.

It's awesome :)
<PSN> Kriselda

Chocobuny

Quote from: Pinolicious on February 17, 2011, 02:39:18 PM
But then you fool people into a false sense of security, when you start being good, you have a whole heap of losses, they think you're scrub, BUT YOU RAPE THEM WITH YOUR 20% WIN RATIO!!

Just realised that don't work, cause they also show your current win streak, even if you stop playing and turn off your machine, when you next jump online, it'll still say your on whatever number of win streak.

It's awesome :)

lol if only. Just kinda bummed that its going to be counting me from the get go. I honestly don't know how to learn the game other than just playing around in training mode. Missions give you like 1-2 levels of basics then they go into long strings of combos, while not hard, just require memorization.

My main problem is I don't know how to hit people. My moves seem to whiff, and when I try get close the enemy always hits me first. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I walk up and try block but eh just not working for me

geneterror

Haha I got a trophy for playing a whole match without blocking, RUSH THAT SHIT DOWN ;D
KOW 2011

Chocobuny

Lol I killed 2 characters by bringing out arthur and just spamming his lance and daggers + his amulet thing. I should just make my entire team spam projectiles, then I don't even need to worry about getting in range < 3

geneterror

KOW 2011

Chocobuny

Quote from: geneterror on February 17, 2011, 03:01:12 PM
This is Marvel so that is a valid tactic.

I'm not a fan of keep away though, really want a rush down team. Its just that I can't hit people : (

nztauranga

Quote from: Chocobuny on February 17, 2011, 02:46:13 PM
lol if only. Just kinda bummed that its going to be counting me from the get go. I honestly don't know how to learn the game other than just playing around in training mode. Missions give you like 1-2 levels of basics then they go into long strings of combos, while not hard, just require memorization.

My main problem is I don't know how to hit people. My moves seem to whiff, and when I try get close the enemy always hits me first. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I walk up and try block but eh just not working for me
HULK SEZ DESTROY!!!!
-work to live not live to work-><>

Ridethelightning

At first I hated this, but after I got the hang of it (new to MvC) I'm bloody loving it!

Chocobuny

Quote from: Ridethelightning on February 17, 2011, 05:04:46 PM
At first I hated this, but after I got the hang of it (new to MvC) I'm bloody loving it!

How did you get the hang of it so fast!

At the moment I use Deadpool, Weskar and Arthur. I just zone with Deadpool and Arthur and Weskar comes in for the combo damage lol. It beats very easy comps :)

stereomonkey

Assist 1 is the most weirdest button to press and I keep hitting heavy for assist.  Doh.

Wesker is fun and Dormammu is kinda cool though kindy gets in some uncomfortable spots.

Sent feels like mvc2 super godlike version.

Awesome game :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

LN

Much faster than I was expecting. You really have to mash the chains out :/
There is no knowledge that is not power

Rorooze

morrigan mission 3, HTF do you do air M -> air H. the standing bit is easy :< once i connect air M i'm back on the ground.

scribble

If you get about half a screen away then dash, she flys up above Wolverine and you just hit M>H fast when your near his head. That's how I did it anyway. Not sure if you can do it from regular jump in.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko