• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Ah k, yeah I assumed it would make the L after the fly strict, was just checking if it was impossible. Hit stun scaling really kicks in pretty fast.

redtie

Yeah damn hitstun fucking up my combos. Combo takes them to the corner for easy dhc aka HULK COMET! for 996K of something and combo works on everyone! Including shit cunt Arthur.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Iron mans blockstring is safe enough that you shouldn't need to bother hit confirming with a L anyway. Not SAFE safe, but safe enough.

And Hulk is rad. Who else have you got on that team?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

redtie

I'm in between characters for my third atm. I've been using Doom a bit and he fits in with his beam assist. So if IM dies, Hulk comes in with Dooms beam to help him get in. And as an added bonus doom loop dhc to hulk comet is easy damage. Probably drop doom and pick up Storm. Dunno

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Nah run doom. Beam is decent for that team. Try missiles out. You could get some decent lockdown/keepaway going with IM and some well timed missiles. Not only that, but missiles allow for the hulk double gamma crush, which is just about the best thing in the game. But beam is fine if you don't like missiles.

Also, if you run him last, he actually makes one of the best 'anchor' characters to come in and abuse lvl3 KFC. He gets retarded speed, and even more retarded damage.

Honestly, just trust Doom. He's a doctor.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: redtie on April 19, 2011, 03:08:54 PM
I'm in between characters for my third atm. I've been using Doom a bit and he fits in with his beam assist. So if IM dies, Hulk comes in with Dooms beam to help him get in. And as an added bonus doom loop dhc to hulk comet is easy damage. Probably drop doom and pick up Storm. Dunno

Hulk/Doom work really well together in my experience - currently running Tron (Gustaff Fire) / Hulk (Gamma Wave) / Doom (Hidden Missiles)

The way I have my team structured, I can kill just about any character in the game with any two characters.

Tron/Hulk - the "cup of tea" combo - does 1.2 million damage for a net meter usage of just under 2 bars.
Hulk/Doom - double gamma crush does 900k-1 million for two meters, or a little more for 3 meters when you DHC into Sphere Flame.
Tron/Doom - can do a modified "cup of tea" which leads into DHC glitch into Doom "stompy foot" - does 1 million damage, uses two bars but builds that up by itself.
Doom/Hulk - Buktooth loop into Sphere Flame DHC Gamma Crush. Pretty straight forward.

The only thing this team lacks is an OTG assist you can use after hit confirming a throw with Hulk, which is a pretty big weakness if you're going to be running Hulk on point a lot IMO - you can mitigate this somewhat by calling missiles just before doing a command throw, but this can obviously be punished if your throw whiffs, and because it's so slow you don't get much mileage out of it after landing a standard throw/air throw, so you're forced to go for a mix up rather than the guaranteed damage off of a Wesker OTG assist etc.

I fucking love this game.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

redtie

Well looks like I'm sold on Doom. Was wondering why you use use Gamma wave bro? I pretty much picked Hulk up only because I needed a a panic button assist (Hulks anti-air) to deal with Trijump pressure. I'm not a fan of hidden missiles, kinda slow and I hate how they fuck combos up so I've been using the beam assist.

electric

Quote from: redtie on April 19, 2011, 04:00:54 PM
Well looks like I'm sold on Doom. Was wondering why you use use Gamma wave bro? I pretty much picked Hulk up only because I needed a a panic button assist (Hulks anti-air) to deal with Trijump pressure. I'm not a fan of hidden missiles, kinda slow and I hate how they fuck combos up so I've been using the beam assist.

Gamma Wave acts as a bootleg Sentinel drones if I want to try maintain spacing, or have something on the screen while I square jump with Tron - it helps get her in and also helps her average zoning game when I need to play that kind of game. It also OTG's, so you can use it to extend combos - it's a really versatile assist that isn't quite a beam and isn't quite a projectile - it's use is fairly limited if you try to play it as one or the other, but it comes into it's own when you take it for what it actually is and come to terms with it's limitations and attributes.

I used to pick AA Gamma Charge as well, but it's just not as versatile, and I have Tron Flame assist to take care of that role for me - without Gamma Wave, I don't really have any way to control space - I think the major reason why my team works as well as it does is because of the assists I use.

If I was in your situation, I'd definitely stick with AA charge - it's a really good "uppercut" assist - not quite as good as Tron Flame/Haggar Lariat because you can't combo off of it, but it has it's purposes.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: electric on April 19, 2011, 03:48:46 PM
Hulk/Doom work really well together in my experience - currently running Tron (Gustaff Fire) / Hulk (Gamma Wave) / Doom (Hidden Missiles)

The way I have my team structured, I can kill just about any character in the game with any two characters.

Tron/Hulk - the "cup of tea" combo - does 1.2 million damage for a net meter usage of just under 2 bars.
Hulk/Doom - double gamma crush does 900k-1 million for two meters, or a little more for 3 meters when you DHC into Sphere Flame.
Tron/Doom - can do a modified "cup of tea" which leads into DHC glitch into Doom "stompy foot" - does 1 million damage, uses two bars but builds that up by itself.
Doom/Hulk - Buktooth loop into Sphere Flame DHC Gamma Crush. Pretty straight forward.

The only thing this team lacks is an OTG assist you can use after hit confirming a throw with Hulk, which is a pretty big weakness if you're going to be running Hulk on point a lot IMO - you can mitigate this somewhat by calling missiles just before doing a command throw, but this can obviously be punished if your throw whiffs, and because it's so slow you don't get much mileage out of it after landing a standard throw/air throw, so you're forced to go for a mix up rather than the guaranteed damage off of a Wesker OTG assist etc.

I fucking love this game.

This is my alt team. Its pretty baller.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

redtie

Found someone who can actually utilize Hulks AA assist really well. Taskmaster! Use taskmasters arrows that fly straight up at the same time calling Hulk assist. You'll see the arrows bring character back down. There is a really strict dash cr.M you can link while they are falling Which I hope will lead into Taskmasters BnB. Might be better to do a dash L instead actually. Try in corner first because you won't need to dash.

samurai black

redtie

Yeap. Actually my combo does more damage then that, same setup though.

maelgrim

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Nick4now

Had a few kids come over today and had a long jam session against each other in MVC3. They quickly discovered Sent and they all kept picking him. Doom and Deadpool were the other popular picks where they'd just fill the screen with Plasma Beams and Trigger Happys hahaha

Watching kids getting salty over this game was awesome

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I think I want a different team. Dog/Doom/Tron is really solid, and works well together, but doesnt have anything special.

Im thinking one of these: (A lot of these are similar, but with minor differences.)

Dog/Hulk/Doom - Pretty lol but pretty YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR at the same time.
Task/Hulk/Doom - Much the same as the above, but taskmaster is the man.
Pool/Hulk/Doom - Again, but Pool is the man, and red is cool.
Task/Doom/Tron - Awesome keepaway, good in close. Pretty tempted to play this one and try to be as lame as possible. Its similar to my current team, but I don't like playing keepaway dog.
Pool/Doom/Tron - Like the above team, but with a better colour scheme.
Pool/Dog/Tron - I guess I would be playing this around deadpool mostly. I get some DHC trick bullshit from pool -> dog, which is nice.
Pool/Dog/Doom - I kind of like this, but it lacks a certain girl in a robot suit for when the opponent manages to get in. Would need to experiment a bit with what doom assist works best with this team in general though.
Dog/Task/Doom - More DHC glitch crap with dog -> task. Would seem situational, but it's worth it since I tend to get a fuckload of dumb air throws with the dog that I only ever get weak damage off of by just firing out the super.
Dog/Task/Tron - Same but with tron. A bit less in the range department, but better on the defensive.

Much as I am NOT a defensive player by any means, I kind of feel like I want Tron there 90% of the time. I don't like this. I think its hindering me a bit TBH. 30% of my tron calls tend to save my ass, but the other 70% are pretty horrendous imo. Thats why I was looking at Hulk more seriously. Hulk + Doom helps hulk out a shitload, and thanks to his beastastic H, tron isn't AS useful with him as with other characters who lack a bit defensively. She's still fucking AWESOME with him (free gamma crush hitconfirms are win), but if I used hulk, I wouldn't feel like my team was lacking tron if she wasn't there.

As for my Pool/Task picks, Task has damage basically flowing freely from his anus, which he then uses to defecate a sea of pain all over his opponents as he laughs at damage scaling mechanics. This rules. So does his keepaway. Only reason i'm not using him already is that his colours are pretty fucking crap. Then theres deadpool. He strikes me as kind of a weaker taskmaster. They both have really strong games at a distance (deadpools might even be a little better), but deadpool lacks a bit of taskmasters damage, and a lot of his options. But the bolo loop is gangsta, much like the XF quick work loop. And finally, his colours match the red doom. Matching colours is some gamebreaking shit in this game. For reals.

What do you guys think? I'm gonna learn Task/Pool before SS anyway, and brush up on my Hulk and Tron, just so that I can go into it with all my options. I'm just rethinking my flagship team. Of all of those, which one do you guys think is generally the best one? (incl my current dog/doom/tron team)
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.