• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

MvC3 tips/tricks/helpful things

Started by LN, February 15, 2011, 09:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LN

First up, check out the SRK hyper guide http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3

There's also an 1up guide which may offer additional ideas at http://mycheats.1up.com/view/superguide/3173462/marvel_vs__capcom_3__fate_of_two_worlds/xbox_360

Here's a tutorial vid for Buktooth's Doom loop

Some various ideas:

* Blocking from a dash
If you are dashing and your opponent supers, usually you cannot cancel the dash into block in time like you could in MvC2. Instead, hold UP-BACK to instantly jumpcancel the dash into block during prejump frames. This will allow you to instantly block the supers like you used to!

* Level 3 Supers
lvl3s do not scale in combos. You can do a massive long relaunch combo into air combo into exchange into more combo into exchange into more combo and then OTG lvl3 for QUITE CONSIDERABLE DAMAGE.
Also, many lvl3 supers have very good invincibility. Useful for blasting through various chipping attempts or whathaveyou

*XFactor cancel
Combined with the above, any time you have xfactor available (best with lvl3), and the opponent makes you block, you can cancel your block stun with xfactor and then bust out the lvl3 for huuuuuge damage. Used correctly this is going to put a real dampener on anyone trying to attack you when you're down to your last char (if they have an sufficiently invincible move).

*Air Exchange tagging-counter.
You can't simply spin the stick and mash S for success. However, it is a weighted decision which direction to use - if the opponent is wanting meter, he'll do D+S. For damage it'll probably be U+S. You can use this knowledge to help predict which he'll go for, and use the same to counter the exchange. Note that D+S also uses up your ground bounce.

* Calling assists while jumping
09:16 [@fluxcore] You can call assists while NOT super jumping
09:16 [@fluxcore] aka
09:16 [@fluxcore] you CAN call assists while normal jumping
09:16 [@fluxcore] this also applies to fly
09:17 [@fluxcore] if you fly when on the ground or normal jumping
09:17 [@fluxcore] you can call assists
09:17 [@fluxcore] if you superjump and THEN fly
09:17 [@fluxcore] you cannot
There is no knowledge that is not power

LN

Lol, here's an uber strategy for you arthur players! Hard to setup and perform but MAN so beastly!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

I wonder if I can be any good at this game... maybe I should pick it up.... hmmm
Don't even know teh basics -.- :(
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

geneterror

Most people don't know the basics bro, it's a whole new game. Even those of us that played MvC2 'til the end (which wasn't many people) are having to get used to the button layout and system changes.
Just jump in and start mashing, feels good to be a scrub again and nobody know much about the game really. No tier charts or anything yet.

Well I can guess at one tier chart.
1. Sentinel
2. Everybody else

;D
KOW 2011

Rorooze

you can reset training mode and missions by pushing SELET + START at the same time. fucking awesome.

LN

Here's some anti-sentinel strategy from Justin Wong. Long vid.

LN

aerial diagonal projectiles to beat everything from sent.
a hitbox shorter than sent 2C to avoid laser chip.
projectiles to beat drones.
dive kicks to catch anything from sent.
teleports to punish anything sent does.
multi-hit j.normal to break armor.
double jump to throw off sent anti-air timing.
fullscreen supers to punish anything from sent besides super.
projectile invincible supers to go through lasers and drones.
invincible supers to go through anything.
block armored normals and punish, or at least move in.
super jump to avoid drone super.
instant overheads and combos in general are very easy on sent.

i'm sure everyone has at least one character with a few of the above traits, so stop being bad.

Comment from some guy on eventhubs replying to whiners about Sven saying there are perfectly valid counterpicks of Sent. Thought it might just give some people some additional ideas.

I would like to add that Sent's c.M and S are not unblockable :P

LN

LN

Vivasanti

Can someone help me?

I cant seem to do aerial combos in online play, pressing up after the first combo opener followed by S doesnt jump me up to continue comboing, ive  pulled of one or two randomly, am i doing somthing wrong or is it possibly lag?

i dont have any problems in arcade mode?

:(

massi4h

You're meant to push S then up to jump and follow up. How laggy are your online matches?

Vivasanti

Hey dude, i do push up immediately after S, it just doesnt work most the time but arcade i can do it every time, some matches seem fine with no lag but it still doesnt seem to jump?

miffed really.

massi4h

OK well make sure you're holding up the whole time until you see you're in the air.

LN

Keits' new tips show 'The Danger Room'
Coupla good strats/tips for Morrigan, She Hulk, Felicia, and tips on Advancing guard.