• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

MvC3 tips/tricks/helpful things

Started by LN, February 15, 2011, 09:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinolicious

Has anybody sussed out with Dante, cancelling bold move?

Example, f+h, bold move (s+atk), volcano (f,d,df+m).

Need to input the command within the first 3 frames of bold move to cancel the jump animation and do the move instead, do i just have to do it really really fast?

Can you cancel the jump animation into any move, like a normal?  I saw a dante video that uses it, showing the button input, nothing out of the ordinary, just showed the exact inputs as a notation.
<PSN> Kriselda

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer it's easy.

You just push d, s+a to cancel stinger then df,m to do volcano. That's the easy part. The hard part is the rest of the combo :(

You get quite a bit of leeway bro. Don't need to take it so fast. Just relax and keep practice it and it should become muscle memory.

You can cancel it into any move except a normal. Unless you xfc.

His combo's are real fucking hard. Unless you wanna do the Marn one with no style.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Pinolicious

ah, i must've read wrong, i think to practice the timing, i was trying to cancel the bold move into a normal cause it's a single button press instead of a command, haha

i'll try again but with a special when i get home to get the hang of it.  Cheers weazzy-izzle!
<PSN> Kriselda

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Pinolicious on February 27, 2011, 07:20:26 PM
ah, i must've read wrong, i think to practice the timing, i was trying to cancel the bold move into a normal cause it's a single button press instead of a command, haha

i'll try again but with a special when i get home to get the hang of it.  Cheers weazzy-izzle!

Oh yeah the way you wrote it is the right inputs bro. But i personally like the way i do it. I just got lazy and starting getting it more that way.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

electric

So I've heard nothing but good things about the BradyGames guide - is there any NZism friendly place to buy this ? I looked on Livewire but couldn't find anything.

Looking to order from MightyApe if there isn't a better alternative :)
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

Yeah I wasn't going to get one but after seeing Bills the other day I'm gonna order one today.
KOW 2011

geneterror

Well I just went to order one and Mightyape is sold out.
KOW 2011

electric

Quote from: geneterror on February 28, 2011, 10:06:18 AM
Well I just went to order one and Mightyape is sold out.

Noticed that - want to grab a copy from Amazon or something ? We can go halvsies on shipping - not sure of the price though since our dollar is pretty weak IIRC

Rorooze

geneterror

Quote from: electric on February 28, 2011, 10:13:55 AM
Noticed that - want to grab a copy from Amazon or something ? We can go halvsies on shipping - not sure of the price though since our dollar is pretty weak IIRC
Yeah bro keen. If you do the order I will just bank transfer you the money straight away same day. It should still work out a good price though.
KOW 2011

electric

$53.61 NZD for two copies economy shipped - about $27 each - cheaper than MightyApe :D

Keen Graeme ? Down side is we'll probably only just get them before First Blood, if not after :(

geneterror

That's all good bro, I have a PDF file of it anyway I just want a hard copy. Go ahead and order it bro and just PM me the final amount with your bank details and I'll transfer it after work tonight.
KOW 2011

Pinolicious

bolo, have you guys ordered yet?  How much for express shipping if I join the fray?

Let me know how much if you haven't ordered, and how long
<PSN> Kriselda

Rorooze

Express shipping is fucking $$$$$

I'd been keen to if you haven't ordered :p

electric

Haven't put an order in yet, will do it at the end of the day so people can get in on this if they're keen

Haven't looked into express shipping either, but I guess if there's enough interest I can do that

So, 4 copies so far ? Geneterror, Rorooze, Pino and myself. Anyone else ?