• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

MvC3 tips/tricks/helpful things

Started by LN, February 15, 2011, 09:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinolicious

Maybe we should take this to the brady guide thread?

but yeah, if we can get the cost down with big numbers, and the express shipping is feasible, can it be done?  It would be baller getting it early before firstblood, but no biggie if it can't.  Just post up cost and timeframe!
<PSN> Kriselda

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CptMunta

Ok after hard lessons from Weazzy, Nick and Redtie I think I'm starting to get this game a bit.

I think my main problems were: trying to footsie, no mixups, no assist cover, no otg/relaunch

So I've dropped Joe from my team and it's now Ammy, Doom and Arthur.

I'm trying to Air combo into air Hard Head charge then land, hit them on the ground bounce, standing Medium,  standing fierce, launcher. But can't land it everytime is it better to M, M, H Head Charge or M, H, H so you are more on top of them to make the last hit in the air easier to land?

My Doom is total shit, his mission mode is fun. So far it's mixups with Ammy and Doom missiles,  Arthur covering Standing Medium with daggers for combos to build meter till she dies our I can get her out, then Crappy zoney Doom, then a bit better zoning Arthur.

Starting to enjoy this game more as I shake SF4 thinking out of my head.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

LN

It's totally different, yeah. Try look for some recent Flash Metroid vids if you want to see some things to do with Joe... he basically needs some kind of projectile assist to help him get in. Flash uses tron...
There is no knowledge that is not power

HoneyBadger

Joe definitely isn't bad. Just keep practising!
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

IR U IM B IL E

"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

LN

Zeyn

hey guys ive been trying to learn the basic mag combo S, j.H, air dash, j.M, j.H, land, j.H, air dash, j.M, j.H etc. but i rarely get the j.H after i land. can someone explain the timing to me please? they always recover b4 it can hit

CrazyMobius

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Quote from: Zeyn on March 02, 2011, 11:25:11 PM
hey guys ive been trying to learn the basic mag combo S, j.H, air dash, j.M, j.H, land, j.H, air dash, j.M, j.H etc. but i rarely get the j.H after i land. can someone explain the timing to me please? they always recover b4 it can hit

You have to make sure you delay the first j.M enough so that when you land and then normal jump you can hit them at the perfect height and then j.H QUICKLY adf j.M x j.H.  They need be done quick.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

LN

I find delaying the H after the M helps on the first rep too. Basically do everything pretty slow the first time, then speed up.

LN

notation:
blah DHC HSF xx XFC, Fly, j.HS, s.MS, jc, jMMHS, OTG rocket punch

Something to try with sentinel instead of HSF xx XFC, HSF

massi4h

Nice find. I normally go for HSF XFC, then wave dash up and launch (though so many pros are still doing the stupid HSF XFC HSF) but this way does heaps more damage and looks much more reliable.

electric

Quote from: massi4h on March 03, 2011, 08:25:11 AM
Nice find. I normally go for HSF XFC, then wave dash up and launch (though so many pros are still doing the stupid HSF XFC HSF) but this way does heaps more damage and looks much more reliable.

Fuck that looks awesome - Gotta love X Factor Sentinel if only for how ludicrous some of the shit he can do is
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla