• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

HF tournament vids 17/02/11

Started by Rorooze, February 17, 2011, 12:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

Will post more tomorrow when I upload them.

This was Ben getting knocked out in the semi finals:

Mason in round 2:

Simon in round 1 (only first game at the moment):

massi4h

Who's chun was that? Bloody ThomasFoster was doing that to me on Tuesday on GGPO. You gotta stand block it, but I'm pretty sure it either never crosses up or always does. He was doing min range every time so it should have been a one way block. LOL at Chun vortex.

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

Nick4now

You should be able to reversal it with an electric or ball? At point blank it's not a crossup iirc. I think that was Thomas Foster lol

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CrazyMobius

Ben tried to vertical roll but it got stuffed. I didn't see him mash electric though. I reckon it would beat it.

LN

Quote-When doing the neckbreaker, there is an easy way to tell if the hit is a crossover or not

(if unblocked). If she knocks them down and their head is closest to Chun, then it was a

"normal" hit. If their FEET are closest to Chun, then it was a crossover hit. Worth noting

if you're trying to practice controlling where the hit lands.

That HF txt also recommends spamming neckbreakers even against Ryu, so I guess either they were shit at reversals back then, or mysteriously it beats out an entirely invulnerable move. I know which I'm thinking is correct.
There is no knowledge that is not power

CoMa

Quote from: Nick4now on February 17, 2011, 08:29:43 AM
You should be able to reversal it with an electric or ball? At point blank it's not a crossup iirc. I think that was Thomas Foster lol

Yeah that was Thomas Foster. He is a funny guy to watch play...full of jokes and smack talk. I saw pretty much nothing beside a couple of times I popped my head around to catch half a round here and there until the semi's due to being stuck sorting out the pairings so video is much appreciated. Should have taken my laptop and used the software but didn't expect to end up doing it...manually doing it sucks.

[8-----D] Toots

Was pretty much the first time that I had played on mca sticks and buttons so I wasnt very confident in doing any of my specials. Tbh I knew that eventually I was gonna play against something that I didnt know how to deal with. What annoyed me the most was that chuns j.lk pretty much beat any anti of my own if I didnt time my s.hp bang on which left me with very little control of the match and then of course making it easier to knock me down and make me look free with neck breakers.

Thanks for posting that vid rory  :P

Rorooze

don't worry i got some of you beasting too so I'll post them when I get home :D

Nick4now

Did you also record the finals bro? Keen to watch some of the O.Gs in action  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

BLADE

PROPS FOR THE FOOTAGE BRO, POST UP ALL YR FOOTAGE PLEASE ESPECIALLY THE FINALS... ANY FOOTAGE OF STAFFORD vs DAVID C???

kingpiccolo

great job guys thanks for the footage too awesome watchin some hf matches

BLADE

Quote from: Rorooze on February 17, 2011, 10:40:13 AM
don't worry i got some of you beasting too so I'll post them when I get home :D

any more finals footage bro???

BLADE

‎2011 AUCKLAND NZ STREET FIGHTER HYPER FINAL
THOMAS FOSTER (RYU & BLANKA) vs DAVID COWAN (ZANGIEF & SAGAT)

CrazyMobius