• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

MvC3 Missions Thread

Started by CaptainHook, February 21, 2011, 02:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

This is for anyone as uncoordinated as me needing help with any of the missions.

I started with wolverine cause he's first on the list. Stuck with his last mission timing the player 2 assist call after the launch, M M H S, player 2 assist, etc etc
From what Smoof said in the other thread i think maybe i need to delay the M M H S air combo so i'm closer to the ground and can call the assist sooner.

Am i on the right path?

Also i started to look at hulk next and his timing with air combos is so different to wolverine that i skipped him when i got to level 7 and i'm on Iron Man now. LOL.

Had a similar prob with Iron Man and mission 7 and the assist. I tried Alan's advice of hitting H and the assist call at the same time but no love yet. Moved on and finished 8
and am taking a break.

So far it's no where near as frustrating as SSF4 so hopefully thats a good sign. Although apart from 3 games with Rory yesterday i haven't played a match yet so..
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

geneterror

Yeah I have little patience for doing missions I just want to play. Will have a go at Wolverine and Hulk tonight as those are two characters I'm really wanting to play.
KOW 2011

massi4h

Wolverine number 10:
Yeah gotta delay it quite a bit, put a bit of a gap between each hit and try and land the air S as low to the ground and as far under Ryu as you can. Then just time the A2 button (I find it works if you just double tap spam it really fast) and then finish the combo. Also make sure you launch when Ryu's closer to the ground so after the divekick wait a tiny bit first.

For I.M do what Alan said. You push them both together then cancel into smart bomb and the assist hits after the smart bomb allowing you to recover and launch. I think you might have been thinking the assist would combo after the H.

Oh yeah also if you wanna restart a combo say you did xfactor and failed it or you don't wanna watch a failed long as super push back+start and it will restart the thing quickly.

electric

Quote from: massi4h on February 21, 2011, 03:15:50 PM
Oh yeah also if you wanna restart a combo say you did xfactor and failed it or you don't wanna watch a failed long as super push back+start and it will restart the thing quickly.

This shit needs to be bold and scrolling ala UMEHALA text. Thanks for the tip
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Nag g bold this shit up. Do half the combo. Then pause it and get the other inpust down. Then pause it again if your like me and you blazed and forgot what you just looked at. You can just pause it after nearly every move. Then unpause it and do it fresh and easy baby. Understand it's Weazzy baby. I bet Mason didn't even do this cool trick ay. Wada scrub.

And he's right about the closest to the ground thing i was just gonna say that. But also, start the air combo on the way up. Not straight away , but like a small pause and make sure it's kinda on the way up.

ANd Graeme kieeennt. I just came off those missions as i wanted to pay those chars. Wolverine is pretty balla. And Hulk as a fucking 793 dmg corner combo off one metre. The approach is pretty ballls. He has no way  of mixing up or anything ay lol. Pushblock and shoot him with something too good against him i am thinking. But I duno. Someone push a button they getting bodied.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Rafifty

I kinda cheated doing wolverines mission 10 :P.

Buff yourself with the berserker charge down down super (the purple flamey shit) before u start the combo, i found it makes u faster so the air combo doesnt go as high and u fall down quicker making it easier to hit the assist. Got it on my 2nd try doing it this way.
Steam ID: rafifty123

CaptainHook

Thanks Mason, i was hoping you would chime in!

Good tips from everyone tho, Weazzy with the most pro approach and Rafifty's method is pretty banging too. Haha. Shot boys.

CaptainHook

Damn i finally did wolverine level 10. Mason's tip about the initial launch being lower to the ground is what did it i think.
After the dive kick i would do M H S one after the after before going up for the air combo, but i found slightly delaying the launch after M H helped so that (whoever the guy is in the mission, it isn't ryu) didn't go as high in the launch so i could jump just as high as him to do the M M H S before player 2 assist.

Still, i think it was mostly a fluke i got it. :P

CaptainHook

Quote from: massi4h on February 21, 2011, 03:15:50 PMcancel into smart bomb and the assist hits after the smart bomb allowing you to recover and launch. I think you might have been thinking the assist would combo after the H.

Ahhh.. this was is it. Thanking you.

CaptainHook

General question, is wolverine by far the easiest to complete the missions with? Everyone else so far seems so much harder. :(

massi4h

Well when I looked at Wolvie's number 10 for you it seemed easier than the rest. And yeah I think I was saying Ryu cause he mighta been the dummy in the I.M trial and I got them mixed up or something.

Which one are you trying to do?

Also VesperArcade on youtube has videos of every trial + hands. Might be another place to look when you're stuck for timing.

CaptainHook

Oh cool, i found some on youtube before but i couldn't find all of them. Will search for that name, thanks. :)

I've been working through hulk/IM/CA next as i'm just going down the line, but the timing on those 3 seems much stricter than wolverine.
That bouncing people off the wall with CA, i get that maybe 1 out of 20 goes, then fuck the rest of the combo cause i'm not expecting it
to connect. Fark. Haha.

Maybe that's a sign i should with wolverine as a point man cause he's easier. LOL.

CaptainHook

Just an FYI for others, i came back to the missions before and the level 10 and IM stuff etc wasn't there anymore cause i turned off the console from inside the missions!!!
I assumed it would auto-save every time you complete a level but i guess not.. i think you have to go back out to the main menu for it to actually show the "saving" crap.

Oh well, at least it didn't take much to get them again, still annoying. Haha.

massi4h

Oh yeah forgot to mention that. Also if someone invites you to a game make sure you leave first or else they won't save.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fuck yer that would suck. I did that on sf4 lol.

Man i'm upto Deadpool mission 9. And fucking Thor won't hit chun li after air combo. I'm trying to be low as to the ground too. Sometimes i'm lower than the guy on the youtube vid. Noob game is owning me hahahah.

edit: Nevermind realised there was a different attack after that. FUck.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!