• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

MvC3 Missions Thread

Started by CaptainHook, February 21, 2011, 02:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Got up to mission 10 on deadpool and thought fuck this shit haha. I don't even think it's really practical.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

That combo's decently practical cause it's so easy. What part are you struggling with?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on February 22, 2011, 12:43:10 AM
That combo's decently practical cause it's so easy. What part are you struggling with?

Oh shit really lol. Fuck. The assist part is just annoying. Get sore fingers. And i can't be fucked memorising that shit anyway. especially when i don't play on playing him or using any stupid assists like that haha.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

massi4h

Just push the assist at the same time as you push M. Pretty much time it all together 1. 2. 3. 4. Being L, M+Assist, H, special move and them bam launch into the rest of the combo which is pretty darn easy.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer i can't be fucked. I will just learn the combo's from SRK and shit. Those ones are bound to be unpractical.

Ridethelightning

Man, I was stoked when I completed Wolverine. Only to read this and find out he's easy  :'(

CaptainHook

It still took me hours. :( He just seems to be the easiest i think. Well if i can complete his missions he MUST be. :D
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Ridethelightning

Zero's Mission 10 is giving me some grief. Is there any tips for this? Can get the assist link like 1/10 times but never both within the one combo.

massi4h

Ok well you wanna finish the air combo as close to the ground as you can. You're not otging with your assist character you're otging with your move then the assist hits them so you can do f+h, s....

Make sure your initial air combo lets the j.h hit at least twice (3 times is optimal). And jump first then push assist then do your otg special, time it like that for both assists in the combo.

If you plan on using/learning Zero in all his combos his h, f+h and j.h are all 3 hitters so try and always get the 3 hits in before cancelling to the next move.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

And keeping with the training mode kinda thing here. I just figured out that you can hold down which assist you want and select and start to reset with that assist. AND if you hold which direction you want to be facing while pushing select and start you will reset on that side.

massi4h

Oh wow nice I didn't know that. Also if you want to set the dummy to do stuff you have to set it up in your button config. Since you most likely won't need all 8 buttons (10 on pad) you can use the others for dummy stuff. I especially like the option to just control the dummy instead of recording. So say you wanna test counters to a full screen HSF or Dante's super you just hold the button to control the dummy and input the hyper, then let go and try punish with your character.

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

CrazyMobius

Haven't even had a serious go at missions yet. Still trying to finish the game with everyone. Takes ages. -_-

massi4h

I did it all yesterday. Just chuck it on very easy damage highest and if you want lead with sentinel. Each round will end in less that 20 seconds on the timer.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: massi4h on February 26, 2011, 12:21:11 AM
I did it all yesterday. Just chuck it on very easy damage highest and if you want lead with sentinel. Each round will end in less that 20 seconds on the timer.

That would be too easy. I like to use it to level up a bit, though I might do that to beat it on Very Hard with everyone.