• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

MvC3 Missions Thread

Started by CaptainHook, February 21, 2011, 02:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

I've got the timing for assists after air.s but doing assists mid combo is still not clicking :<

massi4h

Well all mid combo ones just push them at the same time and usually there will be another move before the assist hits. Ie if you have l, m, a1, h, special move.... push m and a1 together and then continue with the h and then special move and then the assist will usually hit after allowing you to recover and extend the combo.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on February 28, 2011, 11:24:11 PM
Well all mid combo ones just push them at the same time and usually there will be another move before the assist hits. Ie if you have l, m, a1, h, special move.... push m and a1 together and then continue with the h and then special move and then the assist will usually hit after allowing you to recover and extend the combo.

Yer if they hit before you gotta plink it.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

I thought you had to plink them as well, cause it didn't work for me at first. But then Alan said just to hit them together and now everytime I try to help someone with one I go into mission mode and push them together and it works...

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer i did that for most of them.

But i was doing somebody's i can't remember at Hypershitfaces house and it was working perfectly but the moves at the top weren't going away. I was wondering wtf is going on. Then i realised i had to plink it. In actual match you don't have to, you can push them both. But in this particular mission you had to for the stupid mission.

That's why I like how in ssf4 you could do any combo as long as it reded out the combo that's asked.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

HyperViper NZ

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 01, 2011, 02:12:35 AM
Yer i did that for most of them.

But i was doing somebody's i can't remember at Hypershitfaces house and it was working perfectly but the moves at the top weren't going away. I was wondering wtf is going on. Then i realised i had to plink it. In actual match you don't have to, you can push them both. But in this particular mission you had to for the stupid mission.

That's why I like how in ssf4 you could do any combo as long as it reded out the combo that's asked.

Hypershitface, ouch. That names catching on haha. You should have done that fucken dogs missions for me. Hers are the only ones im having trouble with. Her weapon changes are ridiculous. Yea i found out today the dog is a she.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

All her weapon changes in mission mode are done off of crouching attacks iirc. You can buffer your weapon switch off of the crouching motion. so say the combo is c.L, c.M, c.H, weapon switch, then instead of holding the stick down the whole time, during the c.m, return the stick to neutral before doing the c.H motion, then after you do the c.H, if you did it right, you should just be able to hit down and whatever attack (usually M in the trials) to get the weapon switch out. Thats how I did them anyway.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HyperViper NZ

All i need to do is Jills very last trial then ive completed everyone. Its so fkn annoying >:( definetly my hardest

massi4h

Yeah, can't move that stick in any direction at all. It's so annoying.

weyden

Anyone got any tips on jills last mission. I hate knowing theres only ONE left and I cant do it. feels so incomplete.

jsculls

Any part in particular you're having problems with? the flip/cartwheel loop? Personally I found the best way was to just practice the combo because you can practice the loop but there's not alot of hits before it and it's easier to start from a crH anyway.

there's a pretty specific timing to the moves so learning that is the best thing to do, obviously you have to have accurate inputs as well so putting on inputs might be useful (not something I used). Once you're in an animation you've got more leeway with the inputs since she wont dash all over the show.

It was the second to last one I got, last one was Storm mission 10 I reackon they patched that and made it easier to hit the blizzard. Either that or I was rubbish when I tried it during my first run at the trials.

massi4h

Yeah just gotta get your inputs really accurate, any tap in a direction and she goes dashing around. I found it easier to do the cartwheel loop as fast as I could, but you can also do it pretty slowly.

K123_iy

yea, jills last one is annoying, like massi4h said, just need to be as accurate as possible. also turn inputs on and check your inputs to get clues of where you may be going wrong, thats how i found i was missing the forward of the qcf motion quite often, because i was trying to do it so fast :P