• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

2011 STREET FIGHTER 2 HYPER NZ NATIONALS

Started by BLADE, March 05, 2011, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

Nick4now

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

He means because those guys are only going to be able to make it up for one tourney at that part of the year.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CaptainHook

Yeah, they're from ChCh Blade.. two trips up are unlikely.

It's a shame your Hyper Nationals aren't combined with the NZism Nationals like people thought was gonna happen.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Nick4now

Yeah making two trips for separate tournaments in a very close space of time is higly unlikely for me. For people outside of Auckland who are interested in entering HF, SSF4 and MVC3 it would've been a lot easier if they were combined.

It looks like I most likely won't be able to make it to the HF tourney solely because of this reason  :(

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

BLADE

Quote from: CaptainHook on March 14, 2011, 12:10:17 PM
Yeah, they're from ChCh Blade.. two trips up are unlikely.

It's a shame your Hyper Nationals aren't combined with the NZism Nationals like people thought was gonna happen.

WENS THE NZISM NATS??? I MITE CHANGE IT IF IT MEANS MORE PEEPS WILL ENTER... IM SURE SOMEONE FROM NZISM TOLD IT WAS IN AUGUST LOL

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

That wouldve been me. What I was thinking at the time is that we combine them and have a massive event. Currently the date is late July. We're still discussing whether or not this would work though.

We cant pull the numbers for Hyper fighting that you can, but we do have quite a few people who are keen on it.

Basically, I was thinking about running your hyper fighting nationals, and our nats for other games (SSF4, MVC3 etc) as one MASSIVE event. That was my thinking anyway at the time. To get younger people into HF, and HF players looking at games like MVC3 etc. Spreading the love.

Anyway, were having a pretty big meeting about nats soon. Would you be keen for something like this? Because im definitely going to suggest it.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

BLADE

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on March 15, 2011, 01:33:31 AM
That wouldve been me. What I was thinking at the time is that we combine them and have a massive event. Currently the date is late July. We're still discussing whether or not this would work though.

We cant pull the numbers for Hyper fighting that you can, but we do have quite a few people who are keen on it.

Basically, I was thinking about running your hyper fighting nationals, and our nats for other games (SSF4, MVC3 etc) as one MASSIVE event. That was my thinking anyway at the time. To get younger people into HF, and HF players looking at games like MVC3 etc. Spreading the love.

Anyway, were having a pretty big meeting about nats soon. Would you be keen for something like this? Because im definitely going to suggest it.
sounds cool, the only prob is that lenny mentioned it was better having the hf comp in the club as the hf crowd didnt suite the internet gaming place???
let me know the exact date of yr nats comp... players mite want to concentrate on one game on the day an mite cause confusion?? lol

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea that is a bit of an issue. Like i said, im gonna mention it. Whether or not it ends up being a go remains to be seen.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

I would be very keen to see the two events combined.
KOW 2011

BLADE

we had 38 competitors in the last hyper battle, im expecting more for the nationals...
how many dudes enter the ssf4 tourney last weekend???

BLADE

Lennysaurus

Quote from: BLADE on March 16, 2011, 12:22:32 AM
we had 38 competitors in the last hyper battle, im expecting more for the nationals...
how many dudes enter the ssf4 tourney last weekend???

TBH it was a pretty sad turnout.  Slightly less than 25 people I would say for both SSFIV and MVC3, and less than 16 for Blazblue.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

BLADE

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 16, 2011, 06:36:48 PM
TBH it was a pretty sad turnout.  Slightly less than 25 people I would say for both SSFIV and MVC3, and less than 16 for Blazblue.

any confirmed date for yr guys nats???