• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

First Blood 2011 post-tourney discussion

Started by waza, March 12, 2011, 04:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

originaljulz

Is it just me, or does Blazblue actually seem slow compared to Marvel?
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

CaptainHook

Blazblue looked SLOW AS compared to marvel. SSF4 was fucking painful. Grandma speed. I think i'm joining Stu in the "i dont need to play that game anymore" camp.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Thats the marvel effect. When a game of marvel (number irrelevant) is being played, the earth cant actually handle having that much hype concentrated in one spot at any given time, so its rotation lags. If we've learned anything from superman, we know that the earths rotation is synonymous with how time flows, ergo. when a game of marvel is played, time slows down because the universe can't keep up.

Also, got the phone call this morning. Someone found my keys.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

GG's everyone!

Thanks to Rory, Graeme, OJulez, Euan, Rumble, Unbeliever, Leonin, Waza, Bill and anyone else that I missed out that helped run the day or brought gear.

Bit disappointed with the turnout, but was a good day none the less.  I was absolutely shattered by the end of it though.

Next big one is nationals!!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Who had your keys Bill? Where were they?

Can you's put the brackets up for everything from now on?

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

samurai black

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 13, 2011, 12:53:11 AM
GG's today guys. A bit guttered nobody wanted to get some bevies but oh well (beeitchy ass hoes).

sorry weazzy, when youre a broke cunt like me you cant do much :(

massi4h

GGs to all, was a mean tourney.

Especially GGs to everyone I played in both SSF4 and Marvel. Had so many close games and marvel was just too fun. Damn Fong and Sol were too strong for me haha. Grats to Jack on the win, wish we got a game in.

And marvel was just so awesome. Such a fun game and so much cool shit happening. Great final with Ben.

Went 0-2 in BB against Julz and Joe but still won a game on each anyway and landed an Astral on Joe which should be automatic win imo.

BL to Kevin? in the final, we saw you wanted to land that Astral cause everyone kept yelling it out then Terry came all the way back. Made it real epic though so grats to the both of you.

Julian's right in that after playing marvel for the last hour or so watching the BB final made heaps of us go "wait what? I thought this game was fast." Cause heaps of us watch it and it looks so intense after playing SSF4, but after playing marvel it's the opposite lol.

Yeah so thanks Rory and everyone else for the awesome organizing, it went really well and shot Hook for all the video recording. Can't wait to see this shit uploaded but yeah don't rush that god damn 50gbs.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: samurai black on March 13, 2011, 12:10:57 PM
sorry weazzy, when youre a broke cunt like me you cant do much :(

Barrrooooooeee, Bevies > Denny's.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

IR U IM B IL E

Was a really well run tourney I gotta say. Like others, I wasnt expecting it to end that quick. GGs to everyone I played in the tourney as well as the casuals.

Quote from: massi4h on March 13, 2011, 12:41:25 PM
Damn Fong and Sol were too strong for me haha.
Yeah hard. Damn you Fong and your cheap as Rog!  :P And Sol I gotta admit it but no joke you were playing really well and I got mindfucked pretty bad. Props bro. To both of you guys: I'll be ready for whatever come Nationals haha.

Conrgrats to all the winners and organisers too for a job well done.

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 13, 2011, 12:01:26 PM
Can you's put the brackets up for everything from now on?
This please. I just wanna see where everyone placed.

Haha shot Waza you shoudla parked at the Wilson carpark across the road. Their ticket machines werent working so we had to wait about 10mins for the guy to come and fix them but he let us out instead. Free parking FTW!!!!!!!1
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

Rorooze

I'll post the brackets in the week, heading out in about ten minutes and I'm going to bed as soon as I get back, tequila ain't my thing :<

CaptainHook

Hopefully i will get all of the videos up by tomorrow and i'll make a post in the vids section when done. ( i see a few keen people have watched what i've uploaded already :P )

Nick4now

Holy shit you've already uploaded some of the matches? Thanks Hook, I'ma go ahead and watch them now  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

jsculls

where abouts are the videos?

was pretty keen on this tournament but being a wellingtonian doesn't pay off sometimes :S

CaptainHook

After the video currently uploading finishes, i only have one more to upload but it's large (almost 500meg - BlazBlue Final) and then i'll make the thread with vids. :)

scribble

GG's everyone I played.

Awesome tourney. Really well run. Big thanks to the organisers ;D.

Congratz to the winners!

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko