• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
October 28, 2021, 01:49:49 pm

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!


TV'S

Started by [NIUE] weazzyefff, March 14, 2011, 04:26:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Is this T.V any good? I don't know shit about t.v's ay.

Someone give me a rundown on this model. Thinking about getting it with my course costs!

http://www.jbhifi.co.nz/tv-lcd-led-plasma/sony/40-inch-full-hd-lcd-tv-sku-31042/
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

Well I'm no expert, but that looks like a mean tv for the lounge for tv and movie watching, but would be a bit laggy for gaming if that's what you want it for.

amendonz

since we're on the topic, anyone know of any good Lagfree 32 inches? hard to find anything with solid info

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on March 14, 2011, 04:35:28 pm
Well I'm no expert, but that looks like a mean tv for the lounge for tv and movie watching, but would be a bit laggy for gaming if that's what you want it for.

I don't care if it lags. I play on the lagstation 3 anyways. I just don't want it to be really laggy like i still wanna be able to play my games on it. Or have something shitty that i'm missing. Or if there's better deals or something.

Fuck i'm so close to impulse buying. But i better wait for a bit incase anyways.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

electric

Quote from: amendonz on March 14, 2011, 04:37:19 pm
since we're on the topic, anyone know of any good Lagfree 32 inches? hard to find anything with solid info

I talked about this a while back, but it was dismissed due to only being 720p and lack of concrete information, IIRC: http://www.panasonic.co.nz/viera/lcds/th-l32x20z.html - 1 frame of lag from what I recall

SSF4 and Marvel run in 720p, so depends on what game you're playing I guess.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

amendonz

oh yeah, thats looks ok, cheers

LN

Quote from: electric on March 14, 2011, 04:41:07 pm
SSF4 and Marvel run in 720p, so depends on what game you're playing I guess.

On the PS3, yes. Some 360 users like upscaling to 1080p.
There is no knowledge that is not power

electric

Quote from: LN on March 14, 2011, 05:02:38 pm
On the PS3, yes. Some 360 users like upscaling to 1080p.

Sure, but this doesn't change the fact that the game natively runs in 720p on both platforms - it's just that actually running the game in 1080p is actually possible on xbox  ;D
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I got a Sony Bravia 40inch 40ex400. Fucking games look way to mint on it. Wayyy better than my crt hahahaha.

Can't really notice the lag. My CRT must've lagged too. Can't wait to get blazed tonight and play killzone 3. Gonna be awesome.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

amendonz

Quote from: electric on March 14, 2011, 04:41:07 pm
I talked about this a while back, but it was dismissed due to only being 720p and lack of concrete information, IIRC: http://www.panasonic.co.nz/viera/lcds/th-l32x20z.html - 1 frame of lag from what I recall

SSF4 and Marvel run in 720p, so depends on what game you're playing I guess.

i found this lag test for Panasonic VIERA 32" TC-L32X1 (i'm assuming they are just a region variant(although thats pure speculation)) but from what i can tell they are the same model, IPS Pro panel, etc so it should be pretty much the same..(correct me if i'm wrong)




guess i'll find out in a couple weeks

Rorooze

wow that is beast.

amendonz, where did you get that info from?

amendonz

April 10, 2011, 05:30:51 pm #11 Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 05:52:18 pm by amendonz

electric

That's the one I found when I did my research - and yes, from what I gathered at the time, it's just a region variance.

Rorooze, that test was carried out by Cicada from SRK (used to run House of Cicada streams) so it's proven to be baller

Amendonz, if you don't mind, could you please give a "review" when you receive this panel ? I'm sure there are plenty of people here looking for a proven great panel
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

karizzma

Ya I need another screen and one that doubles as a tv is good.

Rorooze

Wow, $500. Just need to sell my TV and i'll get one.