• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Games @ Nationals

Started by Rorooze, March 28, 2011, 10:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

Our biggest event of the year isn't too far away and we would like to gauge interest in which games people would like tournaments for.

Everyone has two votes. Please don't use a vote just for the sake of voting, only vote if you actually want to enter the game.

Super Street Fighter 4, Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting are definitely going to be at Nationals so you don't need to vote for these games. Blazblue was going to be in this list but given the poor turnout at First Blood we need to see more interest in the game before dedicating resources to it.

If you vote for "Something else?" please post what you would like to see and if the interest is high we'll consider it.

Other games suggested: Marvel vs Capcom 2, Super Turbo.

massi4h

Voted Tekken 6 and 3s. We have such a massive T6 arcade community, but I wouldn't run it if they have no interest in participating (like last year). 3rd Strike gives a reason for a lot of the outside of Auckland players to come in imo and the turnout was pretty decent last year right?

MVC2 would be cool, but maybe we could get 2 real good players to organise a side MM instead.

We also have a decent sized BB community, but Julz needs to communicate with them more and get them coming to events or else once again there's no point running it.

samurai black

mvc2 for the something else. mostly because i can play it :P

Pinolicious

Voted Tekken cause I can play it.

I would love to spectate all of them, but like you said, needs people to play them

CVS2 would be baller to spectate
<PSN> Kriselda

karizzma

Voted for Tekken 6 cause I can play it and I don't mind watching it either.

It would be awesome if we could have all the games there in some sort of way. Wither it be casual or just a side tournament of some sort. Could be interesting to see what people can do in other fighters and a good place and time to try and advertise a game you like to others.

massi4h

Yeah like have a side comp where you play your opponent in a best of 3 different fighting games from a massive pool. Add in shit like Guilty Gear, MVC series, Bloody Roar, Killer Instinct, MK, KoF, DoA, Alpha series, EX series lol and whatever else we could have available.

What would the interest on that be like? I'm sure it'd be epic.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I went for 3s and T6.

I can't play Tekken, but with TTTT on the horizon, I am getting more interested in the series.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

MM YOU AT KOF XI AT NATS BILL

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck, im pretty keen actually.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

redtie

CVS2 please! and MK9

also, is hyper fighting only going to be there because of the chance of getting those old schoolers to come down? I would rather see ST at nats then hyper imo.

moose!

I think BB should be there as a franchise which (hopefully) will be around for the next while to come.

Keeping in mind I'll probably come up mainly just to play 3S I'm not sure it warrants being part of nationals (unless 3S:OE drops by then)- maybe a side tourney which I'd be more than happy to help run.

CptMunta

I'm down for cvs2. But that game is loooooong. I guess it would be one game double elim right?

Also 3rd strike even though I am ass but will still enter. Hopefully there is a release date at captivate for online edition to get more people hype about it.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

HoneyBadger

I think 3S should be a given. 3S and Tekken (if the tekken players come) are two games that players here actually play at a really high level. I think MVC2 should fit here too for the same sort of reasons. Our top MVC2 play is also significantly higher than our other games.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Rorooze

Quote from: redtie on March 28, 2011, 12:20:52 PM
also, is hyper fighting only going to be there because of the chance of getting those old schoolers to come down? I would rather see ST at nats then hyper imo.

Yep, this is pretty much the reason we are running hyper fighting. If all the players that were at BLADE's tournament entered with the people we had playing hyper fighting at Christmas Damager it would probably match the turnout we had for SSF4 at nationals last year.

Quote from: CptMunta on March 28, 2011, 12:22:55 PM
I'm down for cvs2. But that game is loooooong. I guess it would be one game double elim right?

Hard to get into specifics at this stage but I suspect that might be the case, especially if we have issues getting enough setups.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

to be honest with my three favourite games at nats - mvc3 , ssf4 and hyper fighting im pretty happy .

dunno if id enter any thing else cos 3 games is probably enough for me to enter .

anyway i voted for mk9 and 3rd strike .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "