• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

how to stop vipers cross up flame kicks?

Started by goku_kakarot77, April 03, 2011, 08:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goku_kakarot77

how to stop vipers cross up flame kicks? man they are annoying , and what are the best punishes for them?

cheers

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

with shotos i use low forward to go under them on reaction  but using guile i dunno , would his low forward work as well ?

im not sure
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

nztauranga

Shesh brah! I use guile often and wen playing that slapper only 25% manage to block her over flame kick. Best bet is to training room-record-spam all 4 flame kick s,m,h, ex-playback. My .20cents. Goku wats ur cell ph or landline bro? Ur other cell not workn.
-work to live not live to work-><>

zos'la

1: don't get knock down
2: use back jumps and neutral jumps on reaction to her flame kicks.
3: block low to start off with and decide by watching the angle of the flame kick.... actually it more of an experience :P.
4: calm teh fuck down, and read teh patterns.
5: know that your ultra combo will do 60+% dmg to her at max bar :P so don't be afraid when ur low on health :)
6: Attack her with tons of pressure or zone her out like no tomorrow, don't let her zone u or pressure u :)
hmmmm
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

If shes throwing them at you and you havent been knocked down, then guile can air throw them for days. They haven't been a safe form of pressure for viper since vanilla, so, like most of SF4, blocking them leaves you in a decent position. You just need to learn to gauge her distance.

If its on a knock down, its a lot harder. Late wakeup EX flash kick imo. LATE. If you do it to early youll just get hit in the back and she will smoke you.

I think Points 3-4 that Andy made are the best things to keep in mind. You might have to lose a few games and pay attention to the distances and patterns before you get it down.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: goku_kakarot77 on April 03, 2011, 08:17:42 PM
how to stop vipers cross up flame kicks?
If you know that it's a cross up flame kick, you just need to block the other way.

man they are annoying , and what are the best punishes for them?
Focus attack would be "the best" punish coz it will neutralize the flame kick + you can get a free combo if she lands in front. Otherwise, If she land at your back, you can dash away safely. One of the easiest way to do a "safe punish" is always dash forward, If she lands in front, go for a throw or start combo from Light punch/kick. If she lands behind, you are safe.

cheers
No Problem and hope it helps

zos'la

im looking forward to play u when u get back!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: zos'la on April 06, 2011, 02:28:24 PM
im looking forward to play u when u get back!!!
yeah, I'm looking forward to play everyone when I get back. Miss you guys so much ^_^

On a side note: I don't think we have any chances vs HK & Taiwan players lol. I just played with gamerbee and gameoutttt a few days ago.
Gamerbee's adon is sick, I think he's as strong as top japanese players which is very impressive for a non japan player. His Adon is very solid and his frame trap is even better than Tokido and Mago, or maybe it's just the character he uses.
Gameouttt's guile is also way beyond my level, his zoning game is absolutely perfect which made me wonder how far from our level to Daigo coz I remembered Daigo beat him like beating a scrub. And no wonder he took out all the TW players by himself.

The more i learn about this game, the more i realize how far the distance between me and them make me wanna give up the game lol. Before, I thought it is all about "mind game" but playing them made me realized it's totally not, It's all about "Game mechanics". Mind game only contribute 20% at max. I'm back to the start of my learning curve. =.=

massi4h

Fuck, can't wait til you get back and smash me again like back in the days of when I started playing at Yifans. Losing interest in SSF4 atm :(

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: massi4h on April 06, 2011, 06:53:15 PM
Fuck, can't wait til you get back and smash me again like back in the days of when I started playing at Yifans. Losing interest in SSF4 atm :(
lol how come ?? No competitors or too much MVC3 ? :P
I don't think i can smash anyone lol.... Everyone is improving a lot, Even getting a 3 wins streak would be hard now ^_^

massi4h

Online sucks and I guess mvc3 took alot of interest away. I can still enjoy watching high level SSF4 on streams and stuff though.

Who are you mostly using now? Ryu or Viper?

IR U IM B IL E

Gameouttt's so beast. Him and ACE are my fav guiles to watch on xbl  :)
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: massi4h on April 06, 2011, 07:17:09 PM
Who are you mostly using now? Ryu or Viper?
Add me on Xbox Live and you will see :D
gamertag: Cr8zyK1ll3r

massi4h

Haha I got no room bro and no point in playing when you're that far away. Way too much lag.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: massi4h on April 06, 2011, 09:59:46 PM
Haha I got no room bro and no point in playing when you're that far away. Way too much lag.
True ^_^
I don't play Ryu & Viper anymore. I've been playing Ibuki since I've got my Xbox. My Ibuki is still very weak at the moment. @_@