• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

The King Of Fighters

Started by gl3nnium, April 12, 2011, 01:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gl3nnium

Hey Everyone. Im new to NZism but im psyched to find a place for NZ Fight Gamers. I try to catch up with all the new realases but I also spend alot of time searching for arcade fighters that most people never heard of.... I use mame and romnation.net alot to get and play all the great 2d fighters. There are so many and some real lost gems...some great unknown fighters that fans really should try like 'Garou - Mark of the Wolves, Daraku Tenshi and some really comical ones like 'Waku Waku 7" and 'Tattooed Assassins'
Im currently playing Marvel vs Capcom on mame and MVC2 on xbla. I have a real soft spot for The King Of Fighters series and although SNK really lets us down with 12 I still play it and enjoy it...The mame versions are great, you can download KOF 94 thru to 2002 for mame and if there are other KOF fans out there id love to hear from them. if anyone wants to play KOF 12 or SF4 on XBL im up to the challege...my gamertag is gl3nnium.

Anyway great to find this place..i live in Christchurch so after the quake theres not much else to do so im getting really good at MVC2

redtie

Thats another one for the christchurch crew. Should catchup for a few games on XBL or Timezone ricc mall. We got our own subforum if you scroll a bit further down on the forum index. Welcome to the forum

edit: heres the link http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1004.975.html

gl3nnium

I didn't know Ricc mall had a timezone!!! i know theres one at northlands..What machines do they have? The fish and chip shop in my old neighbourhood had an original Marvel vs Capcom machine so id prctice on mame before headin down the road and play the actual machine..altho the final boss still kicked my ass more often than not....

massi4h

Get ggpo man, and most of those games can be played online. I'd be keen to play you at any of the mvc series on there. Netcode is really good.

gl3nnium

Holy Crap..I didnt even kno ggpo existed. till now ive done my playing on mame or xbl or in arcade..saw the download links. im not sure how you could set up a rom to play online like that..hell if someones managed that then awesome. I can finally unleash my SF Alpha and KOF moves (actually i suck at the Street Fighter Alphas..better at MVC, Xmen vs street fighter etc..thanks for that.

massi4h

Well we're not meant to be speaking of roms so I won't link you, but you need to find the right roms for GGPO (google it, there's even a torrent available) and there's heaps of games.

Once you set it up, go here: http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,605.msg63177.html#new
to ask guys for games and shit. I'm free most days if you wanna jam xmen vs street fighter for a bit.

gl3nnium

Thanks for that ill check it out tonight..i didn't know that Roms was a touchy subject...I usually buy the games I want to play but sometimes the only way you can play something is from a rom...(like xmen vs streetfighter) cause the arcades dont have them anymore or no console ever ported them...games like streetfighter Alpha 3 would have been dead and lost if it wasnt for roms. Since playing the streetfighter games on roms i bought heaps of streetfighter stuff for consoles. anyway im psyched about this ggpo thing so ill be seeing if i can set it up tonight.

massi4h

Xmen vs Street Fighter for Sega Saturn yeah lol. But technically, it's only legal to own a rom of something if you actually own it. IE, you'd need the arcade board.

I think there's a rule for roms (all consoles and stuff) that says you're legally allowed to own a rom of something for 1 day for testing purposes then you must delete it, which is why all those rom sites are still running. But yeah pretty touchy subject.

redtie

Yes ricc mall has timezone. Its outside though, beside coffee culture. They have 2 Tekken 6 cabs, Vanilla SF4 and a mame cabinet with a huge selection of CPS1, CPS2 and Neo geo games. Its pretty shitty though, has frame rate issues. Anyway seems like this thread is derailing from its topic so take anymore questions about the christchurch scene here.

http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html

Nick4now

Welcome bro, GGPO is pretty much a must if you're an Fighting game enthusiast. I'm keen on playing anything but HF and ST are the only game I'm semi-decent at  :D KOF98 is the most popular game although I'm not too sure how many NZ players you'll find there. I see that you're more into the VS series so are you playing MVC3 atm? A group of us in Chch usually gather every Thursday to mainly play MVC3/SSF4 but every once in a while we play other games too  ;)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CptMunta

^ Yeah we get together every Thursday for mashups and play SSF4 and MvC3 but I'm always keen to ply lesser known games. We usually hook the laptop to an LCD monitor or TV or use Horst's Dreamcast to play JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Capcom vs SNK 2, 3rd Strike.

I'm keen to play a bit of KOF after playing KOF13 and 98 when I was overseas. Flick us a private message and we'll hook you up with the details if you are keen.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

gl3nnium

Actually yeah i play a bit of SF 3rd strike on xbox 360 (streetfighter anniversary for xbox works fine on the 360)..I heard that there was a tournament here recently with 3rd strike in it but it was for the ps2 version or something) yup i like KOF but i play everything...Dead or Alive series, Virtua Fighter Series, Mortal Kombat (especially 1, 2 and 3), Soul Calibur series etc... Including roms i must own well over 120 fighter games..some are crap like 'Blandia' and some are great like soul calibur 4.....has anyone here ever played the Samurai Showdown series? Its pretty fun.

CptMunta

Yeah we had a 3rd Strike tourney last yeah we all got owned by chuck from Wellington.

We should be having this conversation over in the CHCH thread since we've moved beyond KOF now.

http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html

I think we have a KOF 13 thread around here somewhere since it's at Yifan's in Auckland. Man I hope it somehow makes it to console or PC.

gl3nnium

This is the last off-topic (from KOF) post but for a good reason. I'm a member of the 'mugen infantry' site.
Mugen is a fighting engine available to anyone who wants to build their own professional 2d fighters. Mugen infantry is a collection of people who build and play their own fighters. They are usually of retail quality and totally free. Most of the games are based on dream match-ups that fans always wanted to see but never happened..like streetfighter vs mortal kombat, Dc vs Marvel etc...if anyone is interested im thinking of starting a mugen thread here..there are some amazing mugen titles out thee and they are free . because they are made by fans theres no issue about roms or copyright...anywy just thought id bring it up if anyone is interested.

CptMunta

Maybe start a mugen thread. I dabbled in Mugen aaaaages ago, Put together my own game (almost like a fighting game mix tape) and started making my own Alex Kidd character. Was pretty silly fun :) My favorite mugen creation was that street fighter 1 remake.