• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

The King Of Fighters

Started by gl3nnium, April 12, 2011, 01:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The best thing about the Street Fighter movie is RAUL FUCKING JULIA. They shouldve retconned actual Bison in favour of his portrayal imo. I would love to see a fight between Raul Julia's bison, ANd Christopher Lambert's Raiden.

But nah. OG Mortal Kombat movie fucking rules. The sequel does NOT.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

van damme guile > raul fooolia bison = christopher lambert raiden

harharhar

og sf movie > og mk movie > everyother live action fighting game movie
The New Generation Clockw0rk

gl3nnium

I have the game of the Street fighter movie on mame. It kinda weird. Its a street fighter game but they scanned images of the real actors so it almost feels like your playing mortal Kombat.....Kylie Minogue is Cammy...not the best game but i still get a kick outta it.
Nothing to do with KOF but still interesting.

CptMunta

Alan Noon who worked on the game did an amazing write up a few years ago. It was almost an apology lol

http://m.kotaku.com/5019773/street-fighter-the-movie-the-game-the-making-of-in-pictures
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

gl3nnium

Really interesting stuff!! For some reason I instantly thought of mortal kombat when i heard the name Alan Noon but i think im getting my wires crossed with Ed Boon.

Orochi

I come back to a KoF thread to see THIS?

Come on people, at least lets talk about KoF...

nztauranga

Quote from: gl3nnium on May 07, 2011, 10:25:54 AM
Really interesting stuff!! For some reason I instantly thought of mortal kombat when i heard the name Alan Noon but i think im getting my wires crossed with Ed Boon.
noob saibot are they brothers? Tobias boon.
-work to live not live to work-><>

gl3nnium

ha ha your right orochi..we got talking about the KOF movie and it sorta lead to here...it happens..but i do have a KOF question. Why is 98 considered the best KOF by so many people?..i like em all (even 12 and youve really gotta be a fan to like 12)

Orochi

depends on where you are really, 97, 98 and 2002 are well considered to be the true classics, i love 2002 myself.

i own every single kof game, including kof kyo on psx, i bought both PS3 and 360 versions of kof12...

If i'm ever back home to chch this year, i'll send you a message for some kof battles, otherwise i can only really play on xbl 98um and 2002um

EDIT: didn't read your post properly... i never really thought about it, maybe it's the most balanced? i always tend to do unblockable projectiles in 98 though...

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Big roster. DECENT balance. Simple and solid system. Thats why I like it. Although my favourites are XI and XIII, so what would I know?
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Orochi

Keen to give you another battle in XI next time...

gl3nnium

sweet that wud be awesome....i started another thread here called mugen infantry...i put a link in it to a game called SVC ulrimate mugen....its the only game i know of where you can have KOF vs Guilty Gear/blaz vs streetfigher vs world fighters etc etc etc..its huge. As a KOF fan i got a kick outta kicking some guilty gear ass with terry bogard.

Orochi

I was into Mugen about 6-7 years back... maybe more maybe less, lost interest in it a long time ago, it got real annoying to find actual good creations amongst the garbage.

Also, it just looks shit having different sprites fight each other...

gl3nnium

I was playing SvC Ultimate just now and I saw something I totaly missed before....Theres a New Zealand flag in this level from King of Fighters 2003...i took this screenie.
Does anyone know of any other fighters with NZ content or Is King of Fighters the only one? Might make an interesting thread if there is.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Pretty sure its just KOF. And thats the glenbrook railway station btw.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.