• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

The King Of Fighters

Started by gl3nnium, April 12, 2011, 01:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeyboardFTW

Come on. Some one play kof98 on Arclive with me :(

gl3nnium

Does anyone own this King of Fighters 2001 arcade stick?....I want an arcade stick that i can use with mame and pc in general...this was made for ps2 but i thought it might work on a pc if its usb.....the xarcade sticks are awesome but too expensive...it tyought this wud be perfect cause i mostly play KOF anyway. If anyone knows if this will work on PC usb let me know!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

That stick is awful. I would rather play on a keyboard tbh.

And no, its not USB anyway.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gl3nnium

Thanks for that! I guess x-arcde is still the best....I use a game pad anyway but playing on an original arcade set-up is the ultimate.

Elixir

Yeah that stick is pretty bad. I think it's almost impossible to use.

X-Arcade is also infamously bad.

massi4h

I'm pretty sure someone from here bought as much of those as they could and burnt them.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139235/CATID=611/ID=15350/SID=125205194/productdetails.html

Best stick you can buy without custom building one yourself. On special at playtech for $199 atm. Really REALLY good deal. Youll need to DL the drivers for an xbox controller for it to work on PC, but thats no biggie. Not cheap, but you get what youre paying for.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

Yeah x arcade is really bad compared to what you can get for a similar price. I brought one for my first stick and I wish I hadnt  :-[

If you are not looking to spend much then i would get this namco stick and this converter to let you play on pc and ps3

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/PlayStation/Accessories/Controllers/auction-373657248.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/PlayStation-3/Accessories/Other/auction-373872409.htm

edit:bill beat me too it

gl3nnium

Hell thats not a bad idea...that arcade stick has a streetfighter layout too....I dont own a ps3 (i play on xbox 360) but the converter was pc compatible so that might be a winner!
One thing tho...the arcade stick is PS1 vintage and the converter is for PS2 to usb ....i didnt thing ps1 and ps2 controllers were interchangable. Does anyone know if ps1 and ps2 controllers are the same?? I know people get pissed off when a thread goes off subject but this is importan cause if it will work them im buying it!

[8-----D] Toots

yeah the namco sticks are compatible with pretty much any ps2 to ps3 pc converter. I wont say that it will 100% work with that particular converter but from my experience every ps2 to ps3 pc converter has worked with my namco stick.

you might wanna ask whether its in working condition before buying it. Those sticks are tanks but they are old

gl3nnium

Thanks heaps....well i figure if its only 20 bucks i may as well buy it regardless...the only thing with that stick is the three button layout which is great for SF but not so much for KOF......but it will be awesome for MVC And SFA3.

I owe ya one. Cheers for the info!

LN

Quote from: gl3nnium on May 08, 2011, 10:53:00 PM
I know people get pissed off when a thread goes off subject but this is importan

That's why there's a new thread function! :P
There is no knowledge that is not power

gl3nnium

Fair enuff....but this was really helpful....I dont have a problem with a thread going off on small tangents if it really helps someone....anyway...back to KOF.
Heres an in-appropriate pic of Mai with my compliments..Enjoy

Note - Cheers toots...i bought that stick off trademe and the converter..thanks for the help brutha!

gl3nnium

Keeping it KOF....I think ive fond a glitch in King of fighters 2000 (arcade version on mame).....on stages one to three ive found that all you need to do is inflict a little damage then retreat to the right side of the screen. as long as you dont move or attack your opponent wont do anything but stand there....you just let the clock run down and you automatically win...all three opponents do this no matter who they are. Finding that out kinda spoils KOF 2000 for me a little.

Has anyone else here found this?

CptMunta

Isn't there some kind of glitch in a kof game where if you pick Mai and do nothing the CPU will just do nothing and stare at her bouncing breasts?........
...... I'm being serious.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta