• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Weekly Wellington RanBat

Started by jsculls, April 12, 2011, 09:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsculls

Edited 10/5 for current standings:

Tekken:
1st Toothy
2nd equal Sdj/Materia
3rd equal t4jin/KimYLim

MVC3:
1st: jsculls
2nd: Barnstorm
3rd equal: Charlie/Matt

SSFIV
1st: Barnstorm
2nd: Filter
3rd equal: Jeremy/Ben

Hey guys,

I'm organising a weekly ranking battle at iPlay on Courtenay Place (You can find them here: http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=iPlay+Internet+Cafe+-+Courtenay+Place,+76+Courtenay+Place,+Wellington&aq=0&sll=-41.213271,174.907837&sspn=0.385855,0.615921&ie=UTF8&hq=iPlay+Internet+Cafe+-+Courtenay+Place,&hnear=76+Courtenay+Pl,+Te+Aro+6011,+Wellington&ll=-41.292737,174.780593&spn=0.01164,0.019248&z=16&iwloc=A

Day/Time: Commencing from Sunday the 24th of April at 2pm and every Sunday at the same time thereafter.

Cost: Will be split equally among the players who come along. It's $10 per machine per hour, so for example if we ran one machine for two hours it would be $20 divided by the number of players there. Even if there are only four players that's amazing value $5 for 2 hours of play with decent players and no connection problems!

Games: This will be determined by our player base but initial games will include MVC3, Tekken 6 and SSF4.

Hardware: Games are all played on XBox360 so if you have a stick for that bring it.
I've got two wireless Hori's (from the tekken set you get) that are decent but they aint no TE.

Format will be double elimination if we have 8 or more players for a single game, otherwise it will be a round robin follow by knockouts.

This message will also go up in the NZ thread on Tekken Zaibatsu so that we can get those guys involved too.

Chur

Update: Old Boy are open 24/7 and will be open even though it's Easter Sunday this weekend.

Rorooze

This is awesome, great to see something starting up in Wellington :)

moose!

Mean! I'll be there  ;D

Should be able to bring a stick also.

jsculls

cheers guys, yeah looking forward to having some regular meet ups for people to come along to and play
people can stay on and play casuals etc as well

massi4h

Shame lazy cunts. New guy joins the community a month ago and already setting something up. Haha nice work man, glad you're getting it started.

Kim

The Iplay down on Courtney Place does the same thing on xbox for the same price and is much more spacious but they are much like Old Boy in the respect that they don't have ssf4.

Just throwing some ideas out there. It's good to see the Wellington Community still has some life.

jsculls

Oh ok sweet! we could use that, For the first one at least we can use OldBoy to judge numbers and whether we need more space. Sounds good though.

Filter

coolio. I will come and get my ass kicked.

jsculls

Awesome, the main thing is that people come along. we need a scene in order to get better at the games so doesn't matter if you're not the #1 player there.

LN

Just as a tip, don't get disheartened if there are only a small number of people that show. Some of the best communities have formed from even just two guys getting together, as long as it's regular and people are informed/welcomed, things will happen. Might just take some time. I'm confident Wellington can get there.
There is no knowledge that is not power

Sdj

yah havn't been on in yolks lolz. ill try gather some people up i know too. see if they got spare time for it. i know bout 4people in uppers who play t6/ssf4 . not like they super pro or anything.
Melty Blood - C-Akiha, C-V.Akiha, C-Nanaya, C-W.len
Dissidia - Squall, Zidaine, Golbez, Frion, Tidus
SSF4 - Makoto, Sakura

Lennysaurus

Great work Jsculls!  Wellington has been waiting a long time for someone like you!

Get your boys practicing.  nats is coming up soon, and a little birdy told me that Auckland still thinks Wellington is free in Third Strike, and is willing to put a team up to prove it.  Just saying is all.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

jsculls

Thanks LN I've got confirmed at least 8 so far spread across the three games (quite alot of tekken players). What was quite cool though was that Toothy(awesome tekken player) is keen to teach tekken but learn mvc3 so that's pretty cool.

Somnang - Bring Shaun and those others down we can get everyone good at the same time, I think you'd really dig MVC3 if you haven't played it yet.

Thanks Lenny haha yeah for sure be good to get some rivalry going on.

Chuckk

Quote from: Lennysaurus on April 15, 2011, 06:49:00 PM
Great work Jsculls!  Wellington has been waiting a long time for someone like you!

Get your boys practicing.  nats is coming up soon, and a little birdy told me that Auckland still thinks Wellington is free in Third Strike, and is willing to put a team up to prove it.  Just saying is all.

lol.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

CoffinDrop1

Sup Wellyville! Im down here visiting the folks during the holidays and should be able to make it to this provided we are still down here on Sunday as not too sure what date we are returning back to Auckland. This could be the carrot I need to extend the stay an  extra day or 2 lol. Be good to get some SSF4 action in whilst down here and I'm pretty sure I can remember one Tekken combo of Paul's that might be able to fluke me some wins on Tekken : ) Will be driving in from Upper Hutt and will confirm my attendance towards end of the week in case anyone needs a ride in from the Valley. Sweet.