• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Wellington MVC3 academy

Started by jsculls, May 10, 2011, 02:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsculls

Hey guys,

Following on from the success of the weekly meet ups and the corresponding increase in skill level I'm noticing already.
One of the problems I believe we are hitting now (or will hit very soon) is the low number of MVC3 players in the "top tier".

I know that there are a bunch of players (Patrick, Daniel, Richard, Som etc.) who are keen to be playing MVC3 but the issue is the difference in skill level between those who already play and those who want to play. The number of people who want to play is probably equal to those who currently do!

As a result of this I'll be running sessions at my place for those who are interested in learning Marvel. If you are a current player then obviously you're also welcome to come along and give advice etc.

The plan is to have people over from 11am-1pm on Sunday's who want to learn how to play. Then we wander towards iPlay and grab some lunch before starting RanBats.

In terms of set ups I have one PS3 with a HRAP3 and a TE to play on.

On the location front I will not always be able to host these(I live with my fiance in a one bedroom place near Cuba St). So if anyone else is willing to host or we just pay for a couple of set ups at iPlay to practice on(sticks being the biggest thing to consider). Perhaps one for the currently players and one for those who are learning. At $2.50 an hour per machine this is pretty cheap.

Materia

sounds good! I was actually thinking about going in to iplay earlier this week and get some more casual games in if someone is keen

Filter

yeah, I would like to try it out. looks pretty confusing at the moment.

jsculls

Sweet, Well I'll be running from my house on Sunday morning (will post more details tomorrow).

Materia - Keen for some games either tonight or tomorrow if you're heading down to iPlay. I'll be able to crank out my new stick :P

Materia

No can do man :[ really busy till Friday

2Lazy

Quote from: jsculls on May 10, 2011, 02:27:27 PM
One of the problems I believe we are hitting now (or will hit very soon) is the low number of MVC3 players in the "top tier".

I know that there are a bunch of players (Patrick, Daniel, Richard, Som etc.) who are keen to be playing MVC3

Daniel message me bout sunday and I'll be keen to try it as well
Also got his fan to bring in (gets abit toasty in that room) for sunday
TekkenBR - Xaioyu, Lili
Meltyblood - F-miyako, F-len
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - X-23, Tron, Sent (testing)
Fate unlimited code - Lancer (testing)

Need more games lol

jsculls

Good stuff guys, Toothy is gonna come round as well. See you guys from 10 onwards!

My address is 4/3 Kelvin Grove, If you're not sure where it is just go to the southern cross and txt me on 021 973 423.

Materia

Filter

jsculls

It's absolutely awesome how quickly alot of people picked up the game. Main thing is adjusting to the speed of the game and then getting down some BnB's. Awesome to see Filter chalking up the wins on his first time playing the game :P

Materia

yeah everyone just needs to realise that ssf4 and t6 is gay and mvc3 is where its at :P

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Filter

any wins I got were purely from mashing when I got confused, which was most of the time.

I think I figured out the launching and knocking back down in my head now tho. not sure why it was so bewildering at first.

jsculls

It's like anything though the first few times you do it, it's always hard but once you get it you're doing it without even thinking about it.

This weeks academy is gonna be held at iPlay coz we'll probably have hung over people at mine haha.
Edit: anytime from 10am is when I'll be down there.