• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Arcana Heart 3 announced for PS3/360

Started by Elixir, July 21, 2010, 01:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCOABC

I wouldn't pay $158 for the game.  You can import it for way less than that through Play-Asia and thats including shipping.

But in saying that, I am pretty sure I've read somewhere that the game will be getting a PAL release which means some time this year the game will be out for both Aus and NZ.  So if you guys are willing to wait, save up, play Marvel and pick this game up when it finally does show up.

ROCOABC

Finally had the chance to play some online matches and they were pretty smooth.  Played around 9 matches against some US players and lag is barely noticeable.  Not to say its 100% offline smooth but man its awesome enough for it to not hamper the matches.

The game is getting better the more I play.  To put it simply the game is just bloody fun.  I would not hesitate recommending this game over BBCS.

IMO unlike BBCS where I feel each character can really only be played 1 way effectively, this game keep things up with the Arcana selection/combination that truly changes the way you would approach certain match ups and changes the way you would think about using the same character.  As I found out, each Arcana has their own moveset as well.  Most will give you 2 more specials and 2 more supers as well as activating some sort of power up status by pressing A+B+C.  You can also pull off a level 3 Arcana attack by doing QCF+ A+B+C.  This of course differs from each Arcana. 

Eg - With Kira the grappler, if I pick Metal Arcana I can generate a shield in front of me to take additional hits and allow me to get in.  On top of that I am given slightly better attack and defense.  So I can take some risk in getting in.  The down side of Metal for example, my super bar charges slower but I can manually charge it SNK style by pressing and holding back+E and my E attacks have more recovery to them.  Now I can go on and select the Love Arcana.  This then gives me 2 projectile attacks.  A slow energy ball or a fast beam and also two projectile supers to boot.  Now I can use the projectile attacks to keep away or to lock my opponent down while I close the gap.  To me its pretty cool for a Grappler to have the ability to fire projectiles as well even if its not too strong. At least it gives you something else to utilize as well and not just trying to constantly jump, block etc just to close in. 

Oh, just found something cool while mucking around in training.  Was playing as Catherine the Rabbit ear girl piloting the Giant Robot.  I picked the Wind Arcana (As recommended by the Arcana 3 Wiki) and it gave me the ability to triple jump, double air dash and jump cancel more moves.  Interesting.... So, now I have a giant robot with awesome mobility.

Elixir

So a single person bought this huh?

I'm still curious to know which version will be more popular here. I do understand that the 360 will receive a localization, but only in Europe. Chances are it will be released here then.

originaljulz

Well did you get it?

Lol do you know Kevin? Aka Leoninhunter? He plays.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Elixir

No, I didn't buy it. I figured there would be no point, with no scene and nobody to play with. ROBOABC did but as I don't have a PS3 and only have 360s, I can only get the 360 version.

I'll break down and get a PS3 soon though, if only because everyone here seems to use PSN for BBCS.

I don't know that person.

Elixir

The game is now available on the US PSN store.

Well, when the PSN store is not down.