• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Super Street Fighter IV AE: 360, PS3 & PC

Started by Filter, April 13, 2011, 06:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

originaljulz

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Skullator

PC version of vanilla was really good so I'm sure I will end up spending the most time on the PC version of AE too.

zos'la

ill most likely get the PC version too and see how t goes, an extra $40-$50 is not going to drill a hole in my wallet lol.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

I'm guessing the PC version can accept the USB PS3 sticks? If so I might get it for Mac. It'll help me practice playing with a stick on my lap which seems to be an essential skill for anyone taking this game seriously.

massi4h

I don't think it's necessary, just that it's easier to setup initially. I was always playing on a desk, but then I got too lazy to clear the desk lol and sometimes we wouldn't have very good desk access. I also found I can piano better with it on my lap though. When Daigo was first travelling around I'm pretty sure he never played on his lap until near the release of SSF4 iirc.

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on May 16, 2011, 06:00:32 PM
I'm guessing the PC version can accept the USB PS3 sticks? If so I might get it for Mac. It'll help me practice playing with a stick on my lap which seems to be an essential skill for anyone taking this game seriously.

You'll need to be running Windows - it's not a cross platform game - it will require Direct X to run, just like original SF4
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

karizzma

I will most likely pick up the PC version. Hopefully enough of you guys pick it up so I can get some games online in with it.

originaljulz

Quote from: electric on May 16, 2011, 08:23:03 PM
You'll need to be running Windows - it's not a cross platform game - it will require Direct X to run, just like original SF4

Lol I was gonna point this out too. He could just have one of those dual operating system computers where you can run Mac and Windows. Though I dunno why anyone would bother when you could just have Windows.

electric

Quote from: originaljulz on May 16, 2011, 09:08:49 PMThough I dunno why anyone would bother when you could just have Windows.

Obvious troll is obvious

CaptainHook

Quote from: originaljulz on May 16, 2011, 09:08:49 PM
He could just have one of those dual operating system computers where you can run Mac and Windows.

Do you mean.. a Mac? :P

Quote from: originaljulz on May 16, 2011, 09:08:49 PM
Though I dunno why anyone would bother when you could just have Windows.

The interesting thing about the PS3 TE sticks is windows users say they only work with certain chipsets.
I confirmed this running windows on a Mac that didn't have the correct chipset. Although booting into OSX
the stick DID work.. I checked it with Mame too. Its almost like you can just plug things into a mac with
OSX and it will work. Hehehe.

On a serious note, it must mean the PS3 TE thing can be solved with drivers. Someone on the windows side should
sort that shit out.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on May 16, 2011, 09:11:42 PM
Obvious troll is obvious

Yeah he's weird like that.

Thanks for the heads up Eru, I guess Xbox will be the better option.

originaljulz

Quote from: electric on May 16, 2011, 09:11:42 PM
Obvious troll is obvious

Eh lol I wasn't trolling, I'm serious. I just don't like Macs I guess.

geneterror

Quote from: originaljulz on May 17, 2011, 10:58:55 AM
Eh lol I wasn't trolling, I'm serious. I just don't like Macs I guess.
My man! I have nothing against Macs and have used them extensively I just prefer PCs. Mac users are such snobs about something that is essentially quite similar :P.
KOW 2011

originaljulz

Quote from: geneterror on May 17, 2011, 11:17:07 AM
My man! I have nothing against Macs and have used them extensively I just prefer PCs. Mac users are such snobs about something that is essentially quite similar :P.

BROFIST. I too have used them a lot, because we're required to use them at uni for anything digi media/video related. I don't like the operating system, and I just have a pet hate for the hardware.

Also seeing all the macs lined up in a row at cafes along with the abundance of A&F and Country Road bags makes me want to burn the place down.

electric

I definitely agree that the worst thing about Macs are Mac users :/ - not all of us are hipster dick fags though :D