• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

THE M.U.G.E.N. INFANTRY

Started by gl3nnium, April 13, 2011, 07:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gl3nnium

Hi Everyone. Im starting this thread because there is a really large fighting community that uses and plays mugen and for any of you that havent heard of it, it's definitely worth knowing about.

What is mugen?
Mugen is a 2d fighting game engine that anyone can use to design and play retail grade fighting games and there is a huge community of gamers that are putting out their own games for everyone to play and they are totally free because they are made by the fans.
There are guys out there that are creating totally new fighters but mostly they create dream mash-ups of games that the fans want but the game companies will never make.....Games like
Streetfighter vs Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs DC and alternate versions of games like street fighter 2 hd remix that are made with mugen.
If you want to know more about it google the mugen infantry site
What im gonna do in this thread is tell everyone about the best Mugen games made by the fans and the links to  them

gl3nnium

SNK vs CAPCOM ultimate mugen 2007

Its a large download (over 800megs) but this is an amazing game. A roster of 190 fighters from the SNK, CAPCOM, and SAMMY universes. Every character is authentic to the game they are from. For example you can chose the KOF Mai character from SVC chaos or choose her KOF 2002 version and she will play totally authentic to those games....SF, KOF and many other games like darkstalkers are there. The are 160 separate arenas and a full great sounding soudtrack. You can now play your fav characters in co-op with a friend agains the computer. It just does so many things that capcom and snk never did...check it out...here are the links

Youtube clip of Fighter roster (all 190 of them) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdkO08HDv_E

Full Torrent Download (800mg) - http://www.monova.org/torrent/415915/SNK_VS_CAPCOM_-_ULTIMATE_MUGEN_2007.html

Rapid Share (if you dont use torrents- file is in 6 pieces tho) -http://www.filestube.com/21a1f7dfcd2e64ac03ea,g/SNK-vs-CAPCOM-ULTIMATE-MUGEN-2007.html

remember mugen is free cause its made by the fans..all games have full stick and gamepad support...have fun with it...ill post links here to other mugen games regularly.

originaljulz

Lol shit I remember playing semi crappy quality Naruto mugen games back in the day.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

gl3nnium

haha yeah i think things have changed a little bit since then. There are always gonna be people who make bad games. Im only going to post the best ones here. Most of the great mugen games take years to make. In a few days Im gonna post a link to SF 2 Turbo HD remix mugen. its just like the xbox live version but they used the scoring system from SF Alpha 3 instead.

CptMunta

Have they mugened the KOF 12 characters yet? I remembered when they got the 3rd strike sprites of ryu and ken and used the sf4 system. Maybe they've ripped the sf4 iphone sprites by now too.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

gl3nnium

im sure someones done the KOF 12 roster on mugen somewhere....i have KOF 12 on 360 but i know theres an arcade of 13 out already in Japan or something....Im still puzzled why they left out Mai in 12..i hate it when fighter franchises do that..SF took away Cammy for a long time, MK took away LUI Kang for a long time too....