• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

I'm looking @ buying xbox360, any bargains around??

Started by nztauranga, April 14, 2011, 09:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nztauranga

I'll most likely goto livewire & purchase a kinect 4gb , t.e 2 stick & ssf4. Are there any deals around? Plus how is the ssf4 online challenges, plentious? Also where and which is the best lcd to buy?
-work to live not live to work-><>

nztauranga

I've found a clearance sale x360 @ a noel lemming store in otahuhu $250 console, not kinect. Still seems worth it..i think ill start here.

nztauranga

Black console 120gb x360 on hold. I like the kinect camera games zumba! I might have to buy the 4gb kinect

geneterror

Do not buy the 4gb. It's not enough room to install games and save them and a lot of games have mandatory installs now. 2 big game installs then you're stuffed and Microsoft overcharge by a lot to buy bigger hard drives and unlike PS3 you can't put any SATA laptop drive in them yourself.

I don't play SSF4 but I see more people playing it on 360 than PS3, all my PS3 friends except you play MvC3 now ;D
KOW 2011

stereomonkey

You can always plug in a usb drive and format to the xbox format and save games on it.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

nztauranga

Hmmm.. Ok 120gb $250 console, will have to buy kinect separate even tho its worth $250 for kinect

Kim

nztauranga

Il stil hav ps3 ssf4 running. Playtec albany have 10 TE sticks left before new mvc3 sticks come available @ $330. Stil need ssf4game? Livewire, playtec soldout

nztauranga

Mightyape have ssf4 x360. So algd. Just need a capable 22" lcd ?? $300 plus bit expensive. I mite use crt at home.. Oh wat printer is best for ps3 & xbox360? . Our pc out of order.

Rorooze

crt > lcd if you are worried about lag. Livewire still have TE's and if you tell them lenny sent you you'll get a 10% discount (i think!)

originaljulz

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Elixir

4GB units turn out cheaper if you go the route of manually adding a bigger HDD, or ordering a separate one online. I did this with my 4gb recently. Dealextremer has 120gbs up for grabs.

It's actually possible to use an old HDD with the Slim, not sure how though.

massi4h

You don't really need to install games. I haven't installed any fighting games. Only reason I filled up my 20gb is cause of all the guitar hero DLC (had to install 4 of the games in a way so they could import to the newest one, plus heaps of normal just DLC) and arcade games like mvc2. I have a friend who's had his xbox 360 since day 1 and has over 200 games, but hasn't run out of space on his 20gb. It does depend. I'm not sure about anything space related with kinect. Definitely try get a bigger HDD though. But I'm pretty sure you can use your own HDDs now (external or whatever), though only 16gbs a stick. But if you've already got a spare usb lying around then I guess that's fine?

nztauranga

Ive got 120gb elite console $250 ,kinect $160 trademe, need adapter for this included game. T.E stick from playtec $220, ssf4 $50 game from mightyape, 12month goldlive $60 =$740. Kinect should be fun for the kids. Zumba,dances, fitness look kewl. Cheers team for the heads up. The live speeds are phenominal, connecting combo's 90% of the time. Ps3 is a big let down for speedwise, zero lag . Its crisp over xbox boys. You have to see it to believe it. Wow..ps3 ..please stay 3. Lmao!