• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

King of Fighters XIII coming to consoles finally ......

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, April 18, 2011, 08:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Orochinagi.com is reporting some information about the unannounced console release of King of Fighters XIII. Take this with a gain of salt, but according to the report, SNK-Playmore has been playing this one close to the chest to avoid competing with Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Now that they have a release date for AE, SNKP is ready to set a date for the console version of KoFXIII for the end of summer or shortly there-after.

They also mention that they understand the importance of having strong netcode, and that online play can make or break their title. The console version is expected to have extras that the arcade version does not, but they were not able to say what would be added at this time. Balance, however, will be identical to the arcade version 1.1.

god i hope they use ggpo , could be succesful as long as online is solid
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

If the online is good, then this game will probably eat a significant portion of my XBL time.

IF the online is good.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

If the game is cheap enough and people will play it I'd be keen. Would be great to be able to learn how the game and moves work. Couldn't get more than a 3 hit combo at Yifans.

samurai black

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on April 18, 2011, 10:49:55 PM
If the online is good, then this game will probably eat a significant portion of my XBL time.
Normally I would get the PS3 US import version of this as I'm sure it will be 3-6months earlier than the Euro release but if everyones gonna be playing on Xbox I'll try and suck it up and wait. I want this on console so bad though, I just got KOF98 and KOF2002 for Xbox :)
KOW 2011

LN

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on April 18, 2011, 10:49:55 PM

IF the online is good.

I don't think that's the if that matters...

"IF anyone else buys it and plays it"
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: LN on April 19, 2011, 07:50:35 AM
I don't think that's the if that matters...

"IF anyone else buys it and plays it"

MVC3 begs to differ. Fucktons of people bought it and play it, but terrible offline kills it to some extent. But yea. Theres not a huge audience for KOF as far as consoles go. Particularly XBL. This is probably a game I would pick up on PS3, solely for the reason that theres probably a bigger audience for it on that console.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Do it! Just import when I do otherwise I'll wait for you guys if you gonna play on XBL.
KOW 2011