• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

PSN acount information compromised

Started by Flash, April 27, 2011, 11:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

Two vs one in this forum alone, with countless others backing up said fact. Sources say you're wrong.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Pjai

meh, does it really matter?

the console that has the most fnds on is the better console imo lol i am just a casual noob so those 0.005sec off those 1 frame links don't really get me since i would drop them anyway. 

HoneyBadger

There's your first problem. Delay shouldn't be affecting your 1 framers as they should all be muscle memory. The things lag should be affecting are hit confirms, anti airs, blocking mixups and shit that you actually have to react to.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Chocobuny

Quote from: HoneyBadger on May 09, 2011, 01:45:17 PM
Two vs one in this forum alone, with countless others backing up said fact. Sources say you're wrong.

Those are some cool sources bro.

Elixir

Short of digging through SRK this isn't going any where.

Besides how are you going to play Idolmaster on a PS3!?

CptMunta

Quote from: Elixir on May 08, 2011, 05:08:13 PM
Most people seem to be PSN users here, but I'm not sure why. SSF4 is awful on PSN, the 360 one is at least somewhat playable. AH3's online is also better for 360.

It's not fanboy bullshit, it's proven.  The only reason why Evo uses PS3 is because the 360 version runs slightly faster, plus the whole Microsoft USB lock-out thing.

Not putting you on blast. But I thought I'd explain why I own a PS3 and haven't switched to better online.

I got it for HD Remix and as a media player before any of the games you mentioned were released, alot of people bought their ps3 before any knowledge at all was out about the lag factor in either consoles online services or a few frames of lag between versions of games. Also there's the region free factor and the Blu Ray player amongst other things.

I have played on PS3 and Xbox live in different countries as well as NZ. XBL seemed slightly better in a few cases and I did dig the interface a bit more. But is it not a dealbreaker for me at all. PS3 didn't feel terrible in comparison just not as polished.

People buy the console they want for several reasons and the first one is: does it have the games I want and what am I going to use it for. Evo uses the PS3 because they have alot of PS3s Ponder said so in a recent podcast, also it's easier to dual mod a xbox stick to work on ps3 than the other way around and there is no decent PS2 or Ps3 to Xbox controller adapters.

Also AH3 has been available for PS3 users since it's region free for months now whether the online is trash or not.

I don't consider myself a fanboy either, I think buy people the console they want because of reasons that are important to them and deal with the pros and cons of the system. There is no "wrong" system it should all just come down to preference. Consoles wars have always sucked since Sega vs Nintendo, no one gets a medal for battling for their system and putting the other system down. M$ and $ony don't give a shit how much people fanboy over them they just want to make money.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

CrazyMobius

I'll gladly buy an Xbox to play Street Fighter 4 on. I just don't think it warrants the $1000 or so to do it. Stick, game, system etc.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: CrazyMobius on May 09, 2011, 05:45:43 PM
I'll gladly buy an Xbox to play Street Fighter 4 on. I just don't think it warrants the $1000 or so to do it. Stick, game, system etc.

pretty sure you can get a te for $199 , 360 console off trade me $200 , game off trade me $40 . 12 kmonths live $60

$500 should cover you fine
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Chocobuny

Ya I'll admit the one legit complaint I have about the PS3 is that it is still ridiculously high priced when it's pretty much on equal terms with the Xbox.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

pretty sure the original cost of ps3's was more because of the bluray and bluray components which was fair enough.

but now you can get a bluray player for $100 , i thort the cost of a ps3 may have come down more than it has .
i still wanna play mgs tho , lend me your ps3 ben haha
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Chocobuny

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on May 09, 2011, 06:54:01 PM
pretty sure the original cost of ps3's was more because of the bluray and bluray components which was fair enough.

but now you can get a bluray player for $100 , i thort the cost of a ps3 may have come down more than it has .
i still wanna play mgs tho , lend me your ps3 ben haha

Was at like Harvey Normans or some shit awhile ago and the price of a brand new one (although it did have like a 250 or 500 gig hard drive) was like $700. It's still stupid to buy one brand new.

xFIST_0F_FURYx

Kim

xkheretic

Fuck, the sooner PSN goes back up the better.

Why?

1) This thread dies.
2) MK9 patches will get rolled out. PSN downtime is delaying this for both systems.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: xkheretic on May 09, 2011, 08:45:07 PM
2) MK9 patches will get rolled out. PSN downtime is delaying this for both systems.

It's gonna be a loooong time.