• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

xLan 2011

Started by massi4h, April 28, 2011, 01:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Oh ok I don't remember lol, I don't remember him even playing SSF4 then.

HoneyBadger

He started in vanilla! Hahahaha sad guy don't even remember new cunts =(
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

Yeah most tekken players played vanilla. But still he knew frames and heaps of tekken shit and at the time he just played Ryu and I'm sure he barely played.

zos'la

Andy was late to xLan last year and got put into losers bracket, turn out to play me in losers and got knocked out... :(
He actually played a lot at yifans lol, very proficient Ryu I would say back then. I think he enjoy SF mroe than Tekken also lol.

try to keep us up to date with this Mason, cheers.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

IR U IM B IL E

I would have liked to have attended both events this year. Havent been to xlan since 08 for halo.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

massi4h

Yeah shot Rory for sorting it out with them that fast. I wasn't too sure about posting that link as it can be assumed that this whole community is in the list of can't make 16/17

IR U IM B IL E

Shot. Voted for the later date.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

CaptainHook

I just signed up specifically to vote. Lol.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Rorooze

The organisers were quick to get back to me which is great. It'd be great if you guys go to play at their tournament since they have been so accomodating.

:)

karizzma

Lets hope X-Lan does not have the same problems it had last year.

Sparzx

Figured I should probably come in here myself.

Myself and Arseynimz will be running xLAN this year, and being separate from the PC event, there will be a complete focus on console players.

I'd love to know what you guys think could have been improved on from the last xLAN, because I want to make sure that this one is all about what the gamers want.
I'll admit, I'm a FPS gamer so I don't know much about fighting games, but I'll do everything I can to make sure you're all accommodated completely! :)

zos'la

I thought last year wasn't too bad :)
a few things:
brackets needs to be out earlier and game scheduled to play on time.
Competitors should arrive on time too...
Was waiting too long for games last year... myabe a few more setups will help.
Definitely some better monitors please lol, The grand final monitors were laggy last year lol...

But overall the organizers were helpful last year.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

massi4h

OK guys, date changed to 23/24th of July so it doesn't clash with our nationals. Who's keen and for what games? If we don't do MK9 at nats then we could probably push for that at xlan as I'm sure there will be people outside nzism who will be playing and keen for a tournament.

Also a new announcement about PC xLan has been made.

"We are pleased to announce the tournaments for xLAN 2011, and at the same time send live our new LAN sign up module and tournament registration!

Tournaments
The tournament final listing for which over $10,000 in prizes (and growing) will be on offer:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty Black Ops
Counter-Strike 1.6
Counter-Strike: Source
Heroes of Newerth
League of Legends
Quake Live
Starcraft 2
Team Fortress 2
Trackmania Nations Forever

We will also be running a number of "casual" tournaments for which will include the likes of World of Warcraft Power Levelling and also a Minecraft Build it Bigger competition. We are expecting particular attention on the Starcraft 2, Counter-Strike: Source, and Quake Live tournaments, and know of a few Australian teams who are looking to make their way across to raise the competitive bar. We will be having a very big purse for the CSS, SC2, and QL tournaments, and you can expect to see prize pools that will ensure you push to get a team signed up, trained up and attending xLAN 2011. We will announce these prizes in coming weeks as a few more sponsors are confirmed."

Remember, free entry to console xLan if you go to PC xLan (heck just go to leech shit if you want and a couple people could bring xboxs as well, there will be Halo boys going to PC xLan).

LN

Still no word on console only pricing? Really not interested in the PC side at all.
There is no knowledge that is not power