• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

RANDOM ULTRA

Started by Lennysaurus, April 28, 2011, 09:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Maybe to prevent team stacking, you could agree on the top half of players and bottom half of players (either from known personal experience or their rankings) and just make sure an upper player teams up with a lower?

Lennysaurus

Random teams will be made up taking in seeding and rankings into considerations.  There is a formula for it, don't worry too much about it guys.  It should be loads of fun.  That's the idea of Random Ultra... ITS RANDOM LOL!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CaptainHook

Did i read that right that i have to nominate 2 teams for Mvc3? I still haven't learnt one team yet. :(
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

HoneyBadger

And what about the same character shit? Are we allowed same char?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

random = RANDOM

If you're going to split players by seeding and then random seeded players with none seeded players then its not really random...
Also there are a quite a few good players who are not seeded... I wonder how will this work out...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zos'la on April 29, 2011, 09:58:15 AM
random = RANDOM

If you're going to split players by seeding and then random seeded players with none seeded players then its not really random...
Also there are a quite a few good players who are not seeded... I wonder how will this work out...

Plus one.

Andy speaks truth.

moose!

Quote from: HoneyBadger on April 29, 2011, 09:43:16 AM
And what about the same character shit? Are we allowed same char?

Isn't that why you pre-select two characters?

Yusss... I'm co-incidentally in Auckland on this date  ;D

HoneyBadger

Yeah but there are a lot of guys who can only really play one character. I think it could discourage new people if they think there's a chance that they wont be able to play their main.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

Double ups shouldn't matter in a random tournament.

massi4h

Would it be better to have everyone who enters both games to be stuck in the same teams as eachother in both mvc3 and ssf4?

Rorooze

Wow, arguing about how the random is going to work in a FUN tournament with NO PRIZE for FIRST PLACE. Way to kill it guys.

Lennysaurus

Yeah same characters is fine.

Guy's this isn't meant to be a big difficult thing.  It is basically just an extension of the grind session.  It's also an opportunity to pair people up more, and get them talking about the game.

It is also to attempt to draw people to the event to support our community, so that we can have a great nationals this year.

So instead of having a whinge about something that effectively means nothing, why don't you guys start talking about how fun it is gonna be getting paired up with people you have never played with on the same team before, and having fun, and maybe getting a spot prize or two.

Lenny out!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

massi4h

Yay for having fun  ;D

MK tournament not possible?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I'm gonna fucking rage if i'm not partnered with HoneyBadger or the U-Magneto!!!!

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

IR U IM B IL E

Gonna bust out my She-Hulk/Joe/Spencer team that I've been rocking since day 1. Total time spent on MvC3: about 1 day  :D

Randomness ftw!
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."