• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

US/NZ MK style SF stick

Started by Situation, May 02, 2011, 08:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Generally speaking, Sanwa (the brand in the TE) and Seimitsu are the best brands. Sounds like you prefer the buttons to be firmer, in which case you might prefer the feel of seimitsu.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Situation

Touching the buttons on the MK TE and hearing the cliking noise, they just... feel like they should, like they were when I was younger. Touching the SF TE fighstick buttons and hearing almost nothing and feeling... I don't know... flatness, nothingness, I just dislike the buttons. I might like the Seimitsu ones but I don't know if I've ever used anything with them before.

HoneyBadger

Probably not, if you come to an NZism event my stick is usually there and it has Seimitsus on it
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

The Happ convex buttons have a click to them, but it isn't like latching a farm gate like the xarcade buttons for instance. They are actually really nice buttons imo, I think you'd be fine with them.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

B BOY DRAW2

Best check this bruv!!!

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/introduction.html

Stacks of info man...so take your time and keep asking around bro...so many options...

p.s. welcome to the scene bruv!!!  :)
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

Situation

Sent you a PM fluxcore, not 100% if it went through or not so posting here :)

fluxcore

OK, finally got all my shit in order and have the pics at the right place at the right time.

There's a thin lexan sheet on the top, so artwork goes underneath. The sides currently have laminated art on them stuck on with blutack. works surprisingly well, although the corners are coming apart these days.

The start button is an xarcade concave button with the xarcade microswitch too, because it's clunky as hell and makes you less likely to press it by accident _b
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness