January 23, 2020, 08:23:42 am

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts


Slow internet at evening ! [megatel]

Started by mr_leesy, May 11, 2011, 09:45:40 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

mr_leesy

May 11, 2011, 09:45:40 pm Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:24:21 pm by mr_leesy
hi there, im currently using Megatel as my ISP provider.
im not having problem on early morning till noon but
the problem is that the speed goes down
too much at night time, starting from 11pm ~
do u know why this is happening ?

and is there anyone who's using Telecom ,
and check on speedtest.net and click Seoul[Korea]
at night around [11pm~ ?] , and tell me the result pls..
thank u

CaptainHook

I'm on Orcon not telecom, but i just tested Seoul then Auckland. Lol.



Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

mr_leesy

hm.. see
thats pretty good !
is the internet stable during the
whole day ?

CaptainHook

Pretty stable during the day yeah.. i just did the two tests again (lunchtime now verses 10:30pm last night).


Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

mr_leesy

can someone who's currently using
Telecom go n check speedtest to Korea
at midnight [around 12:OO am] ?
i gotta compare with CaptainHook above,

thanks anyways Captain.

nztauranga

#5
May 12, 2011, 05:06:05 pm Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:33:35 pm by nztauranga
I'm with megatel. My speeds are the same as orcon. My vid streaming and gaming is working per normal. I asked megatel to place me in there new VDSL plan, hoping that im within range from there thingymajiggy..whats the problem with your isp?
-work to live not live to work-><>

amendonz

i'm on telecom, seems to be running like a dog, my ping on ping test is 130, over double what it usually is

mr_leesy

Quote from: nztauranga on May 12, 2011, 05:06:05 pm
I'm with megatel. My speeds are the same as orcon? My vid streaming and gaming is working per normal. I'm asked megatel to place me in there new VDSL plan, hoping that im within range from there thingymajiggy..whats the problem with your isp?


im not having problem during the day
but at late night starting from 11pm ~
the speed goes bad like a hell and ping as well.

mr_leesy

im currently using Megatel, but im planning to
change my ISP to Telecom . reason why im changing
to Telecom is that internet goes so slow starting from 11pm ~
i don't know why and i herd that it's not usual internet going slow
at Offpeak time like this..

so im here to ask some favor,
can someone who's curreently using Telecom
go to->  speedtest.net !! around 11pm~ !!
and check local(Auckland), and Seoul[Korea] as well ?

massi4h





I'm on Telecom. But we're on an old phone exchange over here or whatever you call it, so these results should be slower than usual I think.

fluxcore

You've already made one thread about this. I'm starting to suspect you. Merged.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

nztauranga

Megatel normally have a 18month contract fee, if supplied with there router deals etc..fee for me would be $300..shadey!
-work to live not live to work-><>

mr_leesy

Quote from: massi4h on May 17, 2011, 12:05:35 am




I'm on Telecom. But we're on an old phone exchange over here or whatever you call it, so these results should be slower than usual I think.


what do u mean by an old phone exchange ? I just don't get it.
haha anyway thanks to u all

zos'la

I dont know what plan ur on mr Leesy, But I am also with Megatel.
The alst time I checked when the just upgrade to new hardware, my Download was 13-15 Mb/s at ALL times with Auckland as server.
I can do another test later tonight if I am home...

Some questions:
How long have you been with Megatel? if it is within the last 6 months, then you might have over used your Full speed limit at peak times, even though you haven't overed ur monthly usage but you will feel a slow down during peak hours, say from 7 pm till 2 am.
How this works is say ur on the 100 gig plan which includes a phoneline, ur usage is split up like this 60/40, during peak hour, each month you can have a mximum of 40 gigs usage at full speed, if you use more than that then u will get slow down but your usage will continue until you finish all of ur monthly usage, though during off peak hours u still get full speed connection even if you have used up that 40 gigs I mention before but will speed will drop again at peak hours?

mm hope you get what I mean?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

mr_leesy

#14
May 17, 2011, 12:32:04 pm Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:38:29 pm by mr_leesy
Quote from: zos'la on May 17, 2011, 12:18:02 pm
I dont know what plan ur on mr Leesy, But I am also with Megatel.
The alst time I checked when the just upgrade to new hardware, my Download was 13-15 Mb/s at ALL times with Auckland as server.
I can do another test later tonight if I am home...

Some questions:
How long have you been with Megatel? if it is within the last 6 months, then you might have over used your Full speed limit at peak times, even though you haven't overed ur monthly usage but you will feel a slow down during peak hours, say from 7 pm till 2 am.
How this works is say ur on the 100 gig plan which includes a phoneline, ur usage is split up like this 60/40, during peak hour, each month you can have a mximum of 40 gigs usage at full speed, if you use more than that then u will get slow down but your usage will continue until you finish all of ur monthly usage, though during off peak hours u still get full speed connection even if you have used up that 40 gigs I mention before but will speed will drop again at peak hours?

mm hope you get what I mean?


I've been using Xspeed plan from Megatell for more than a year and
im currently on Homeplus Pkage 40gb (includes landline) plan.
says there on Megatel Webpage, peak time is from 9am-11pm
and offpeak 11pm-9am.
im not having any problem on peak time but on Offpeak time
speed goes down like a hell, which seems unusual.

and what kind of Modem r u using now ?
also i wish u can check speedtest during midnight[12am] is fine.
thanks for ur kind

Go Up