• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Your experience

Started by Fate, January 16, 2007, 03:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

he was in the phillipines not too long ago wasnt he? too bad he never made a stop off over here...

ABC_SMN

Quote from: gunsmoke on January 25, 2007, 11:39:46 AM
ClockwOrk > KAIsing wOrk > davewOrk > PICCO wOrk > LeewOrk > bEnW0Rk
This are da player in Yifans...

ClockwOrk is surely awesome.... But l dunno all the other "wOrk" under his name  :P
either get kick ass pretty quick... Or... MISTAKE comes along often  >:(

ABC_SMN

The only 'real' competition I can say I've faced in the arcade has been at Yifan's, and that's been a mixed bag success wise. I do have a lot of problems with the sticks up there, but that's no-ones fault but my own.
MvC2:
Only one guy up there has played a good MvC2 against me, same guy, two different occasions. He whipped me first time back when I was a bit of a scrub, and it was closer but he still beat me on our next encounter. Seemed to fall victim to Cable quite easily.
I always find after a Yifan's experience that I should have just played a bit longer, because I'm sure I would have taken him.
Hamilton MvC2 is just sad. I met one fellow that was decent, and then became good friends with him & trained him up. He lives in Sydney now. :( Other than that it's entirely scrubs who think they are good because they can beat the computer at Xmen vs SF with Ryu and Akuma.

SamSho5:
Personally I really like the recent releases of SamSho. No cabs around in Ham, no players either. This is the only game where I've gone up to Yifan's and hung with everyone I've played, mainly presumably because no one really plays it. Haven't tried Tenka yet, but hear it's pretty good.

3s:
Back when I used to like this game some Urien from Game Paradise challenged my Urien and destroyed me with unblockables. I can't remember if I played at Yifan's, but if I did I'm sure I lost. 3s peeps in Auckland were just way better than me. Everyone was just playing Ken though, really boring. >_<
No cabs in Ham, so sucks.

Flux... Do you remember what the guy look like in MvC2 who beat you....??

and according to my experience only Korean or new people uses Ken all the time.
All my other mates are using other CRAZY Char!

fluxcore

Quote from: ABC_SMN on January 31, 2007, 11:24:26 AM

I'm sorry to say that all I remember about him was that he was asian, and the first time he whipped my ass I went over and said 'good game' and shook his hand, and that he was completely taken aback and offered the limpest handshake I've ever encountered. :D

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Ryan

Quote from: fluxcore on January 31, 2007, 11:28:45 AM

I'm sorry to say that all I remember about him was that he was asian, and the first time he whipped my ass I went over and said 'good game' and shook his hand, and that he was completely taken aback and offered the limpest handshake I've ever encountered. :D

--flux

Wouldn't be me then, I'm pretty friendly  :) I'd have chatted a bit with you after a game, esp if you showed the courtesy. There's not many good players in MVC2, so meeting new skilled people is rare. It's usually the same group.
fighting game noob

ABC_SMN

Quote from: Ryan on January 31, 2007, 01:24:09 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on January 31, 2007, 11:28:45 AM

--flux

Wouldn't be me then, I'm pretty friendly  :) I'd have chatted a bit with you after a game, esp if you showed the courtesy. There's not many good players in MVC2, so meeting new skilled people is rare. It's usually the same group.

Shaking Hand ay....
He is TALL?? or Short....
did u remember what team he uses,,,,
and Did he wear glasses??
Sorry to ask all kind of question but we wanna see who was THAT GUY WAS!!!
So curious!
or.... does he have a curly hair? or.... his face is quite WHITE???
Does run away in the game with his cable?
once u answer these... We should know who HE IS!? I guess  :o

fluxcore

Quote from: ABC_SMN on January 31, 2007, 01:43:13 PM
Shaking Hand ay....
He is TALL?? or Short....
did u remember what team he uses,,,,
and Did he wear glasses??
Sorry to ask all kind of question but we wanna see who was THAT GUY WAS!!!
So curious!
or.... does he have a curly hair? or.... his face is quite WHITE???
Does run away in the game with his cable?
once u answer these... We should know who HE IS!? I guess  :o

Let's see... I only saw him sitting down, but I'd say he was a little short. Can't remember if he wore glasses... definitely didn't have curly hair! :D

This was in June 04 you must realise, so I really can't remember much at all. I know he used a Mag/Sent team, and was doing plenty of fast/unfly stuff & magneto shizz.

Good luck with that! :D

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

ABC_SMN

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

yeh has to be mike haha.....

crazy ass unfly bastard
The New Generation Clockw0rk

ABC_SMN

hahaha....
Mike!
Do you remember!!??

fluxcore

If Mike == IMagneto, then I don't think it was him... (judging from what I can make out on the match vids that were posted)

--flux

Ryan

Mike's picked up his speed a lot during 2006. I wouldn't be surprised if his gameplay looks diff on those videos
fighting game noob

Zenki

SF series since a little kid, learned glitches and stuff alot...
btw NZ has heaps of talent in these old school SF stuff with the maori brothers.

SFA3: not playing hardout anymore but still can custom infinites and sh_t coz jump cancelling is easy.
CVS2: dunno, played about hardout for a year or more,
roll cancelling madness and hardout customs vs Daiki and kingpic back in the days.
SamSho: V, VSP and VI a bit hard for a while but screw that sh_t

GGXX and #R added: roughly 4.5 years
T5 to T5DR added: 2 years

gunsmoke

Yeah man wonder when daiki coming back just to spend holidays few weeks and play cvs2..that was those days team Japan vs maori...kingpiccolo
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

ABC_SMN

Quote from: fluxcore on February 05, 2007, 12:20:27 PM
If Mike == IMagneto, then I don't think it was him... (judging from what I can make out on the match vids that were posted)

--flux

Mike was so CRAP back then.... u just wouldnt imagine....
He improve within 2 months!
No doubt... 2 MOnths !!