• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Thanks fluxcore

Started by Eddy_COMBO, January 20, 2007, 02:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: fluxcore on January 18, 2007, 09:28:07 AM

I'm going to make a post on tekkenzaibatsu, actually, to try and get some tekken heads around. They probably have the biggest scene in NZ, so despite not being a massive 3d fighter fan I want to support them too.

Cheers,
--flux

Thanks Fluxcore for posting up on Tekken Zaibatsu otherwise I may not of heard of this site lol. Its very cool you want to support us 3D fighting players as well as 2D fighting players. Already found some comp for Virtua Fighter 4 which is sweet...

Any of you guys down for Capcom vs SNK 2 heck I don't mind playing MVC2 It'll be sweet if people could teach me to use any of the Top-Tier characters as I use:
Ryu: Cause I played XmenVS.Fighter hard-out
C.Commando: Cause he's the man lol
B.B.Hood: Cause I love Darkstalkers and that Donovan or Victor arn't in the game WHY!!!

Anyway back on topic been playing in arcades for a while but have been going hard out last year especially TekkenDR and I'd say I've improved so much by playing the Local comp I've lost many but have learn't heaps. As for cvs2 I rarely find comp and if there is I'm playing TekkenDR lol. Playing the CPU only improves your punishing some what other than that, hmmm nothing else really...
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

yeh lyk i sed in the other thread, biggy ups to mr fluxcore.......

im down to play watever........
The New Generation Clockw0rk

fluxcore

Quote from: Eddy__COMBO on January 20, 2007, 02:49:16 AM
Thanks Fluxcore for posting up on Tekken Zaibatsu otherwise I may not of heard of this site lol. Its very cool you want to support us 3D fighting players as well as 2D fighting players. Already found some comp for Virtua Fighter 4 which is sweet...

Thanks for supporting the site! Unfortunately it seems that most Tekken players are perfectly happy with their setup on Tekken Zaibatsu, so don't see any benefit in signing up here, which I am a little sad about but understand perfectly. Basically, however much I may dislike the idea, the future of fighting games IS going to be in 3d, simply because new people are never going to pick up 2d games. This is why I'm primarily trying to set up tourneys for Tekken DR, but without the help of Tekken players (I've already had some "I don't think you're going to get very far" from some Tekken players), I see that my efforts will more or less have been in vain. Good to hear about VF though! I hope VF5 invigorates that scene, but I guess that needs the arcades to pick it up (and people to pay through the ass for a PS3!)

QuoteAny of you guys down for Capcom vs SNK 2 heck I don't mind playing MVC2 It'll be sweet if people could teach me to use any of the Top-Tier characters as I use:
B.B.Hood: Cause I love Darkstalkers and that Donovan or Victor arn't in the game WHY!!!

Unfortunately the entire Capcom side of the cast basically suck balls. Sucks to not be a super-human mutant! Capcom is one of the best anti-air assists, but bites as a character. In essence, any 'player' of MvC2 would tell you that team is bad :D

The top 4 are definitely Sentinel, Storm, Cable and Magneto, mainly for punishing supers and good mobility (well, except cable). The classic starting team would be Sentinel, Cable, Captain Commando (named team 'scrub'), because it's easy to use and actually pretty versatile. Check shoryuken.com forums for more MvC2 strats than your mind can devour... and download match vids!

As for CvS2, sounds like there are a couple of people on the site already that play it specifically, and I imagine any 2d enthusiast has dabbled (I know I have). I'd certainly play it if that's the best available challenge (excluding 3s... I doubt I'll ever bother playing that in the arcade again...)

QuoteAnyway back on topic been playing in arcades for a while but have been going hard out last year especially TekkenDR and I'd say I've improved so much by playing the Local comp I've lost many but have learn't heaps. As for cvs2 I rarely find comp and if there is I'm playing TekkenDR lol. Playing the CPU only improves your punishing some what other than that, hmmm nothing else really...

Yeah, comp sucks. I reckon I've learnt MANY bad habits from playing vs CPU due to lack of humans. Especially in MvC2... way too reckless. If I find *1* player in Hamilton that I can play semi-regularly at various games then this site will have been worth it! :\

Thanks again,
--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: fluxcore on January 22, 2007, 10:02:49 AM
Thanks for supporting the site! Unfortunately it seems that most Tekken players are perfectly happy with their setup on Tekken Zaibatsu, so don't see any benefit in signing up here, which I am a little sad about but understand perfectly. Basically, however much I may dislike the idea, the future of fighting games IS going to be in 3d, simply because new people are never going to pick up 2d games. This is why I'm primarily trying to set up tourneys for Tekken DR, but without the help of Tekken players (I've already had some "I don't think you're going to get very far" from some Tekken players), I see that my efforts will more or less have been in vain. Good to hear about VF though! I hope VF5 invigorates that scene, but I guess that needs the arcades to pick it up (and people to pay through the ass for a PS3!)

QuoteAny of you guys down for Capcom vs SNK 2 heck I don't mind playing MVC2 It'll be sweet if people could teach me to use any of the Top-Tier characters as I use:

Unfortunately the entire Capcom side of the cast basically suck balls. Sucks to not be a super-human mutant! Capcom is one of the best anti-air assists, but bites as a character. In essence, any 'player' of MvC2 would tell you that team is bad :D

The top 4 are definitely Sentinel, Storm, Cable and Magneto, mainly for punishing supers and good mobility (well, except cable). The classic starting team would be Sentinel, Cable, Captain Commando (named team 'scrub'), because it's easy to use and actually pretty versatile. Check shoryuken.com forums for more MvC2 strats than your mind can devour... and download match vids!

Thanks again,
--flux

Capcom cast sucks ehh well that sucks I use mainly just the Capcom cast lol...
Sweet as bro and yeah I know my team sucks but I just love BB hood and Ryu but if you have to use the top-tier to be conpetitive then its all good I guess I can give up Ryu and BB Hood *sniff sniff*
Here's my other team
Anakaris, C.Commando, and BB hood any good

guess not, no Marvel characters lol

Future maybe 3D( just look at KOF max....), but with guys like us 2D will still be where its at! I mean I would rather watch a pro MVC2 than a pro Tekken match. MVC2 I mean theres so many elements to watch-out for cross-overs, chip-damage, assists etc etc 
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

Quote from: Eddy__COMBO on January 23, 2007, 03:11:30 PM
Capcom cast sucks ehh well that sucks I use mainly just the Capcom cast lol...
Sweet as bro and yeah I know my team sucks but I just love BB hood and Ryu but if you have to use the top-tier to be conpetitive then its all good I guess I can give up Ryu and BB Hood *sniff sniff*
Here's my other team
Anakaris, C.Commando, and BB hood any good

guess not, no Marvel characters lol

Well, that might make a pretty good 'low tier' team (I'd suggest capcom last though, he's basically an assist...) Anakaris has some big damage combo which is arcade only & I know nothing about, but there's bound to be something on shoryuken.com about it. BB hood is a reasonable low tier char as well. Going up against the big boys might be pretty tricky though :D

Future maybe 3D( just look at KOF max....), but with guys like us 2D will still be where its at! I mean I would rather watch a pro MVC2 than a pro Tekken match. MVC2 I mean theres so many elements to watch-out for cross-overs, chip-damage, assists etc etc 

MvC2 is pretty mad, that's for sure... lot of stuff happening at any one time. It can almost be played on auto though, so much of it is just reactions. Check the new match videos board for vids of me vs stereomonkey from a while back, definitely not PRO but slightly above scrub :D

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

kingpiccolo

Hey guys,

nice site flux next time your up here drop a line in the forums and ill try to make it down there are alot of MVC2 players here its a group of about 8 or so. if gunsmoke is who i think he is hes part of the group i was talkin about i'm the noob of the group i gotta get better as they kinda rape me my teams are MSP, team Z, Vegita X, Santhrax and theres a few randoms that aren't worth a mention.

As for CVS2 Im hella rusty on that Eddy i would show you some stuff but i'd screw up, i think Zenki is better than me now, I always liked 2D fighters myself but tried 3D and just cant play them for some reason.

fluxcore

Quote from: kingpiccolo on January 24, 2007, 08:47:02 AM
nice site flux next time your up here drop a line in the forums and ill try to make it down there are alot of MVC2 players here its a group of about 8 or so. if gunsmoke is who i think he is hes part of the group i was talkin about i'm the noob of the group i gotta get better as they kinda rape me my teams are MSP, team Z, Vegita X, Santhrax and theres a few randoms that aren't worth a mention.

I sure will. Don't get up to AKL that often, but now I have a way of finding some comp up there I'll try harder. If you could tell the other mvc2-ers about this site that'd be great... or indeed anyone that'll listen!

LOL @ team Z & Vegita X... fun times. I played around with Z a few times. Fhere's some fun stuff with Mag xx Hulk :D

Cheers,
--flux

kingpiccolo

yeah man will do if you like getting your ass handed to you in style with a good ol rapin then simon is your man lol he knows i wont play him cos he rapes me like theres no tomorrow lol hes just too good eh the other guys i can stand up too but hes just too good mag slide infinite and mix ups galore, mike has an insane sentinel with all that unfly goodness and mags, ryans too pro when he play serious MSP mad skills also dave and sol wicked players represent the maoris guys, dave with his lock down clockwork and sol with his bad ass ironman resets/mix ups, joe with his god damn santhrax which i cant get in on *shakes fist*.gotta love ben with his random ass teams dude my team Zaza's ready for your anakaris anytime bro.

but will definitely try to get all the guys together.most of them dont stay central and only come in on certain days.

i always miss there mini gatherings T_T

samurai black

i'm the noob of the group i gotta get better as they kinda rape me

bro, you got so much better at marvel so quickly, its not even funny.

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on January 24, 2007, 09:46:52 AM
LOL @ team Z & Vegita X... fun times. I played around with Z a few times. Fhere's some fun stuff with Mag xx Hulk :D

Tempest xx gammer, deadly.  Though easy to mash out of and Juggey Glitch = assist overkill :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

kingpiccolo

Quote from: samurai black on January 24, 2007, 10:31:46 AM
i'm the noob of the group i gotta get better as they kinda rape me

bro, you got so much better at marvel so quickly, its not even funny.

I kinda hit a bump in the road at the moment but i need to play everyone more just to get game exp and then i find out what really works for me and what doesn't. :p

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

cl0ckw0rk ;D

ben is the king... :P

me n sol aint maori....but u kno we still hold it down anyways.....ngati niueans wizurrrrrrp...

teach me cvs2 kingpic......we must all learn.....but first teach me sf2.....i sux0rzzzzz

FLUX FOR PRIME MINISTER....

samurai black

im pretty keen to learn cvs2 as well. maybe try a little more alpha 3 too

kingpiccolo

Quote from: D0P3FI3ND on January 24, 2007, 10:22:18 PM

me n sol aint maori....but u kno we still hold it down anyways.....ngati niueans wizurrrrrrp...

oh my bad!!!!!!

CVS2 man just learn to roll cancel and then you'll be broken.
RC blanka = Ghey
sagat soo strong.... crouching fierce all day long
cammy in the mix with a bit of honda and i think that pretty much sums up the gods of the game.

Alpha 3 my flatmate is teh broken player at that game inifinites on my ass all day long with stupid V-ism glad hes rusty now i stand a chance but after a few warm ups is ass rapin time freak.

yeah man i need to tidy up my flat so you foo's can come over its like messy as ask ben.....

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: kingpiccolo on January 25, 2007, 12:21:45 AM
Quote from: D0P3FI3ND on January 24, 2007, 10:22:18 PM

oh my bad!!!!!!

CVS2 man just learn to roll cancel and then you'll be broken.
RC blanka = Ghey
sagat soo strong.... crouching fierce all day long
cammy in the mix with a bit of honda and i think that pretty much sums up the gods of the game.

Alpha 3 my flatmate is teh broken player at that game inifinites on my ass all day long with stupid V-ism glad hes rusty now i stand a chance but after a few warm ups is ass rapin time freak.

yeah man i need to tidy up my flat so you foo's can come over its like messy as ask ben.....

its all good bra...we all polynesians at heart ;D

maybe we should discuss the cvs2 in the cvs2 thread i just made ::).....

and to eddy.....its all good to use who u want man, just realise that it'll take alot of work to win with your teams, they aint bad, but they aint all good.......try grabbing some match vids wit characters you like....but more of that in the mvc2 thread im about to start...also i need ur help with T5 DR, which can be discussed in the T5 DR thread im about to make :D

VOTE FOR FLUX