• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

BLAZBLUE -Calamity Trigger-

Started by !DIABLO GTR!, November 23, 2008, 01:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Might have to start palying this then  ::).. is Tager the big guy???
pringles

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: fluxcore on December 04, 2008, 07:50:05 AM
One round when I played Street Fighter 4, I was Bison vs an Akuma, and all he did the *WHOLE ROUND* was jump back. Sometimes he would jump back and do an air fireball. Every time I got in close, he'd never engage, just jump away. Fucking infuriating.

I have no idea who it was, but I like to think it was Xbox hat guy just from the descriptions of his play style you guys give :D
wow, I couldn't have said it better myself...  :D Except I love it when he does that, because I can set him up. (If the game engine allows you to jump in and parry/reversal sh!T)

Someone give me a detailed description of the game engine and I can practically own him if needed. Hopefully you guys will be able to beat him pretty good. Otherwise I might have to intervene...  :D

Tager is the big red Potemkin.
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

[8-----D] Toots

Oh yep it is that guy. He uses Sagat, Gief and Akuma in sf4 from what I remember and  his Sagat is ok....Tiger,Tiger,Tiger,Standing Roundhouse,Tiger....

[NIUE]iRONSoL

So i played this for the first time yesterday. Picked Bang and threw some nails. It was pretty cool... until tager did his ultimate whatever you call it :-\.. that shit does so much damage
pringles

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I can take xbawks hat guy with arakune. But if i fuck up ANYTHING its a free combo, since ragna seems to be able to go into a large combo string off of just about everything.

The game seems pretty balanced. Ive seen decent play from all the characters except carl, but thats probably only because i havent seen any carl videos.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 05, 2008, 03:44:19 PM
I can take xbawks hat guy with arakune. But if i fuck up ANYTHING its a free combo, since ragna seems to be able to go into a large combo string off of just about everything.

The game seems pretty balanced. Ive seen decent play from all the characters except carl, but thats probably only because i havent seen any carl videos.

LOL, Sol Badguy syndrome... Except I f@rk up his Sol with Millia since I can outgun him in all aspects in #Reload :) (I hope that I can do the same in this game... except there is no Millia...   >:( )

Isn't Carl the boy with the huge doll? He looks like an interesting character. A bit like Zappa with the dog.

I'm thinking of using cat girl. Her face makes me LOL... That cheesy grin with sharp teeth is A+. *jump* whoooshaaaa! whoooshaaaa! *jump* whoooshaaa! whoooshaaa! Probably the Millia of this game in terms of mobility. Which will be good for mixups. ANd she has Wolverine's super!  :D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I would say arakune might be more like zappa. zappa + eddie with a hint of dizzy/venom to be precise.

Fuck, the damage scaling in this game is ruthless. If your combo goes for long enough, you actually stop doing damage. The hits continue, but the life bar doesnt move at all. That would explain the 63 hit combo i did that took away roughly 30% life.

oh yea, BEASTED xbawks hat guy today.

BEASTED
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 05, 2008, 08:13:31 PM
I would say arakune might be more like zappa. zappa + eddie with a hint of dizzy/venom to be precise.

Fuck, the damage scaling in this game is ruthless. If your combo goes for long enough, you actually stop doing damage. The hits continue, but the life bar doesnt move at all. That would explain the 63 hit combo i did that took away roughly 30% life.

oh yea, BEASTED xbawks hat guy today.

BEASTED
awesome, wanna record some matches.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Love to. I just dont know how the fuck i did that 63 hit combo.

j.b -> 2.a -> 5.b -> 5.d,c(to call the bug) -> Jump cancel -> c bug hits, j.d -> land -> 5.c -> close eyes and mash for air combo.

at some point i re-launched with j.d after he fell down from my air combo. (i think j.c grounds them, and then j.d, being a low attack picks them up) and the jump cancel was lucky. i still cant do it properly.

also, that setup only works mid screen. Arakune is odd in that he doesnt have a corner trap, but he can trap mid screen >_> And anti airs chew him.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 05, 2008, 08:36:37 PM
Love to. I just dont know how the fuck i did that 63 hit combo.

j.b -> 2.a -> 5.b -> 5.d,c(to call the bug) -> Jump cancel -> c bug hits, j.d -> land -> 5.c -> close eyes and mash for air combo.

at some point i re-launched with j.d after he fell down from my air combo. (i think j.c grounds them, and then j.d, being a low attack picks them up) and the jump cancel was lucky. i still cant do it properly.

also, that setup only works mid screen. Arakune is odd in that he doesnt have a corner trap, but he can trap mid screen >_> And anti airs chew him.

u just getting started .... 8) 8) 8) 8)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

!DIABLO GTR!

Can anyone lead me to some info on the general game system?

Just had the most insane match of Red Alert 3... BLoody 1 hour and GOD knows how many minutes... Must've lost 12 Kirovs airships during that match... But then I won mainly with Kirov airships...  :)

samurai black

The game uses an 8-directional lever, common to most fighting games, and 4 attack buttons: Light (A), Middle (B), Heavy (C), and Drive (D), the latter of which activates unique special abilities for each character. Throw and Throw Escape are performed by pressing B and C at the same time. In addition to basic dashing and jumping, there are also double jumps, high jumps and air dashes.

* Guard Libra: When guarding or forcing your opponent to guard, this gauge will shift. When it fills up completely to one side, the guarding player will undergo a Barrier Crush and will be stunned temporarily.
    * Barrier Gauge: A gauge that regenerates over time, used for Barrier Guard. The defense capability of a character is lowered for a set period of time when this gauge reaches zero.
    * Barrier Guard: Pushes back the opponent and prevents the Guard Libra from shifting. Performed by pressing A and B at the same time while guarding.
    * Barrier Burst: Pushes the opponent away, even when guarding or receiving damage, thus canceling the enemy's combo in the latter case. If used offensively and guarded by the opponent, they will undergo a Barrier Crush. Uses 100% of the Barrier Gauge and leaves it to zero for the remainder of the round. Performed by pressing all four buttons at the same time.
    * Heat Gauge: An energy gauge needed to perform Distortion Drives and Rapid Cancels.
    * Counter Assault: Counters an opponent's attack while guarding. Consumes 50% of the Heat Gauge. Performed by pressing forward, A and B at the same time while guarding.
    * Rapid Cancel: Cancels the recovery time of an attack. Consumes 50% of the Heat Gauge. Performed by pressing A, B and C at the same time while attacking.
    * Distortion Drive: Special attacks unique to each character. Consumes 50% of the Heat Gauge. Performed with some arrow motions plus the Drive button.
    * Astral Drive: Special attacks unique to each character. Consumes 100% of the Heat Gauge. The conditions for using Astral Drives are simple: the player has to be fighting in the last round of each match, and his/her opponent has to have 1/3 of its health left (which is, of course, a speculation). The player can then input the buttons needed for the Astral Drive. Astral Drives can be considered similar to Guilty Gear's Instant Kills.

fuck wikipedia is handy.

!DIABLO GTR!

F@rk, it sounds like GUilty Gear all over again... You'ld think that they would make the engine somewhat more... different?   :D

Thanks for the info.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Aww man. I steamrolled the dude that just spams jins ice surfboard thing this morning.

Noel gives me problems. And friggin Tager. Im starting to see how Mike Z managed 66 wins with him >_> Bottom tier my ass.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

!DIABLO GTR!

Bottom tier? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL... There is a Tagger player beating down a Ragna player on the latest JOYBOX youtube vids...

His command throw should take off half the lifebar like XX Potemkin Buster...  :D It would make the game more fun  :D