• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Super Turbo HD Remix - *OUT NOW*

Started by fluxcore, December 03, 2008, 01:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Guess I should really put this in the game releases forum... it has been released for 360 XBLA. 1200MS points... totally worth it.

PSN released now too, (feb 20th!) $29.95.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Orochi

Enjoy the same game you've bought 13 times before! Should be 400 points.

fluxcore

It's not the same game. Also, good luck finding *ANY* other fighting game out there with netcode anywhere near as good as this (GGPO doesn't count).
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Orochi

netcode means nothing to me until i find an alternative to woosh for my area.

fluxcore

Oh, and just in case there are some PSN ppl in here, see http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2008/dec/03/how-buy-hd-remix-if-you-live-another-country/ for details on... how to buy hd remix if you live in NZ :D

fluxcore

Interesting news... MS are apparently making the online play of STHDR free until the end of december. Not entirely sure it applies here, although MS calls it a 'global' promotion. They also say 'regional restrictions may apply', so who knows.
Of course, my free month expires 1/1/09, so YET AGAIN I miss out on a free month. I could have had 3 instead of my current 1! :p

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/12/04/free-online-multiplayer-for-sfii-hd-uno-and-others-for-the-holi/

http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2008/12/04/562615.aspx

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

pax_bisonica

I can confirm the free online play - have been making use of it for the past couple of weeks or so.  One thing to note however is that ranking does not count if you do not have xbl gold.  You can play ranked matches, but you will not be given an official ranking (you will just be listed at the bottom of the ranking with a rating of zero)
All who oppose me will be destroyed.  Maybe.

fluxcore

Nah, I think that's an actual bug at the moment. It's happening to both Gino and me, as well as a lot of other people (we *do* have Gold).

Sucks pretty hard, but I guess it doesn't really matter. We're kind of shafted when it comes to ranking anyway, considering all the high ranked people are unavailable to play due to massive pings.

Having said that, I guess it means the game can't match you up with people of similar skill like I think it's supposed to.

Anyway, the free online finishes in like 2 days, heh.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

same here, have been playing this online for the past month. i thought that ranking thing was bugged.. oh well not like it actually matters.

btw fuck the cunts who disconnect lol... i've got some pretty funny messages from angry players haha
pringles

Orochi

someone messaged me about my crappy connection, i didn't have any problems though! :D

fluxcore

From what I understand, you shouldn't be worried about disconnects - Microsoft has arbitration servers which determine who was 'at fault' for the game stopping, and they award the win to the other person. So technically you should get the win for them dc-ing. Might take a few minutes or something though.

I love destroying people with Honda, immensely satisfying :)

pax_bisonica

Quote from: fluxcore on December 30, 2008, 10:18:35 AM
I love destroying people with Honda, immensely satisfying :)

LOL and I just LOVED being on the receiving end of it  ;D  You will have to teach me how to do that stuff man!  TEACH ME!!!

BTW shouldn't we have a forum section devoted to stratergy/tutorials/faqs etc?
All who oppose me will be destroyed.  Maybe.

fluxcore

I actually pretty much assumed that people would go elsewhere for the tactics stuff - the international communities clearly gather more strats than we would. Why talk strats with 10 NZ ppl instead of with thousands of people the world over?

A place like shoryuken or tekkenzaibatsu simply can give so much more than this community could, so that was my reasoning anyway. I decided that I should just concentrate on stuff that matters to us, that doesn't really matter to any other community - like local game releases, local arcades, tournaments.

Obviously there aren't nearly as many people interested enough as I'd like, but I'm very grateful to the handful of people that have stuck around :)

Anyway, onto the original point, yeah, while we don't have a dedicated strat forum, there's no reason why you can't just start a thread asking a question or whatnot. We're (or at least I'm :P) here to help!
Also, I wasn't talking about you when I mentioned Honda, just people online in general :) He's a character most people wouldn't expect to be able to do as well as he does... well, at least against non-fireball opponents :)

fluxcore

More news from the SCEE front... apparently HDR has failed another round of SCEE QA tests, so Capcom have to go back and do more fiddling. Apparently they hope to resubmit in another 3 weeks... which is almost exactly when SFIV is released. I'm not sure how long the process would take after that (presumably a few weeks), so we're looking at a good month or two until it shows up!

Basically, anyone still waiting for it should really just get it gameshared to them...

Oh, and a patch is looking likely to come out sometime soon for the rest of us.