• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Street Fighter IV TE stick...

Started by fluxcore, December 23, 2008, 09:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

http://www.lizardlick.com/pages/madcatz.shtml

With shipping and exchange rate, comes to almost exactly $400.

I'm mad, but not quite mad enough to pay that much for a stick... unfortunately. Would love to get my hands on one.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

pax_bisonica

There is a rumour that the TE stick will get a limited release in Australia - so maybe, just maybe it could work out a little cheaper.  I have a friend who lives 10 min from his local gametraders who could hook us up with some sticks maybe (he is coming over to NZ in February...) so we may be able to sort something out... worth a thought, anyhow
All who oppose me will be destroyed.  Maybe.

fluxcore

Yep, definitely worth checking out - however, in my experience, local releases of electronics tend to be 3x as much as the US price, which would put it at more like $450. We live and hope...

Mightyape might still pull through, as well.

I'm guessing the standard sticks are going to be much more obtainable than the TE ones though (i.e. at all)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

pax_bisonica

Yeah, the standard ones are _very_ similar to the TE version by all accounts - different artwork and 'arcade grade' parts as opposed to sanwa...

moose!

I would not spend 400 of my dollars on something made by madcatz.

However, I really need to get round to finish modding my 20th anniversary stick, haha.  :-\

fluxcore

I know what you mean, but the TE sticks are getting amazing feedback from everyone, including top players like Alex Valle. Can't exactly go too wrong with Sanwa sticks and buttons, either.

JoeKage

That is a pretty amazing arcade stick :o. I'd definitely be interested in one of these if the price is right  ;)
Sage of the 6 Paths

fluxcore

Check dis out then
http://www.shoryuken.com/?p=568

the unboxing.

Apparently the stick has a bunch of awesome little features which make it better than everything else on the market, not that they are telling us what they are.

I'm actually really unimpressed with the press coverage/general info available for these sticks, considering the source on SRK who is directly involved with the sticks pretty much only says "PRE ORDER NOW, I CAN'T STRESS THAT ENOUGH" and goes on about how limited they are and whatnot. No mention whatsoever about european/au release, or the features, etc...

I wouldn't care, but I really want one of those sticks :/

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

pax_bisonica

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-77-2-49-en-15-%22Street+Fighter+IV%22-70-36al.html
Our friends at Play Asia have got a listing for a Hori SFIV stick.  From the Pic it looks almost identical to all their other 360/ps3 sticks such as the DOA 4 and SC4 ones, although it obvioiusly has SFIV art.  Scant details on the site about it though.

fluxcore

From what I understand, the Madcatz 'shitty' SFIV stick is supposed to be better than the equivalent Hori one, although not entirely sure how.

pax_bisonica

Quote from: fluxcore on December 30, 2008, 06:33:23 PM
From what I understand, the Madcatz 'shitty' SFIV stick is supposed to be better than the equivalent Hori one, although not entirely sure how.
I believe the differences have to do with these 'mystical' features that MadCatz keep talking about, but nobody seems to know what they are.  Personally I fail to see what 'features' a stick can have, other than good layout and components.  Turbo/auto fire are for wusses!

JoeKage

Ok so they have one for the PS3 and one for the Xbox-360. Dam,decisions decisions  ???
Sage of the 6 Paths

fluxcore

Ok, news, none of it good:

Hi,

Congratulations on a fantastic line of Street Fighter merchandise!
There's only one problem: How does one get ahold of it in Australasia?
I'm in New Zealand, and none of the usual stores down here know ANYTHING
about the range at all. I'm a huge street fighter fan and would
seriously love to get my hands on a TE stick/console faceplate/wall
scroll, but it seems your sales are only targeting America and the UK,
which means IMMENSE shipping costs, even if a store will send the items
internationally (surprisingly uncommon!)

I know your products have been sold down here before, so I'd be ecstatic
to hear that these will be as well! Is there any intention of doing so?

Thank you very much,
--Alan

Hello Alan,
Unfortunately, we do not have plans to sell the SFIV products at your
location.  One place that you can purchase the stick from is
http://lizardlick.com .  They also have a convenient shipping calculator
so you can see the final cost.  If something changes and we end up
selling the SFIV products at your location, I will let you know.  If you
have any further questions, please let me know.  Thank you for your
time!

So basically, no sticks or anything locally here. Get ready to import.

Elixir

You can import a HRAP1 from Japan along with parts of your choice and it wouldn't ome close to $400.