• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

PS2 fighting games?

Started by HCO, January 12, 2009, 08:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCO

Hiyo. I'm going to be buying a PS2 stick pretty soon, so I'm looking to get some fighting games to train execution on. I fucking love the arcade but I'm not so keen on paying 2 dollars a game to learn how to do SRK movements, y'know

So basically I'm wondering if anyone has PS2 fighting games in the Auckland area that aren't Tekken (ie. minimal use of stick) that I can borrow. Any version of Guilty Gear would be absolutely perfect, but other games are sweet too. Thanks ~~

JoeKage

Yo whats up I am Joe aka JoeKage. Ive got Streetfighter Anniversary, MvC2 and CvS2. We havent meet yet so a bit iffey about lending out games to peeps I dont know but im always keen to help out. 8)
Hola.

Peace
Sage of the 6 Paths

HCO

That's cool, I wouldn't expect you to just give me the games straight up haha

I'd be down for borrowing CvS2 at some stage, probably be visiting Yifan's sometime this week or next, so maybe then? Dunno when/if you work. Either way, thanks for offering to help out.

ps. teach me Casshern combos so I can play TvC next time I go

fluxcore

Got a mod chip/swap magic/memory card with ESR?

You should try get ahold of King of Fighters XII and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core... not that you'll ever see them in our arcades (again)...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HCO

I don't have a mod chip. :<
I dunno where you buy them nowadays, to be honest. I remember when you would see advertisements for them in the newspaper 'n stuff but that was when I was in intermediate.

KOF XII is coming out on PS3/360, so that's a no go. I'd buy AC, but you try finding a US version one in NZ.. it's like they don't exist :(. Hell, I can hardly find #R, and even when I do, it's not on the console I want it for.

pax_bisonica

I just sold my Japanese copy of GG^CORE a couple of weeks ago on trademe- ended up selling it really cheap too!  If your looking for a modchip then just do a search on tardme, and you will get several pages of the buggers.
All who oppose me will be destroyed.  Maybe.

JoeKage

Sweet just let me know when your heading into Yifans and I'll bring CvS2 and as for Casshern combos no worries. I'll post some Casshern combos in GunSmokes TvC tutorial section as I know hes down for some as well ;). My roster at work is pretty flexible at the moment and dont start course till the 28th 8)
Sage of the 6 Paths

HCO

Sweet. I might head in on Friday if all goes according to plan ~
Thanks everyone for the help, I'll look into getting a modchip considering one of my friends actually knows how to solder (I sure don't). Getting AC would be awesome considering it's probably the game most similiar to BlazBlue without actually being BlazBlue

Edit: oops disregard this edit

fluxcore

Actually I meant KoFXI, oops...

As for the mod chip thing, I'd recommend doing the ESR route. All you need is a memory card, and someone who can install the ESR program onto it (which is basically anyone else that has it, or a chipped PS2). The only thing you need to do is patch the iso before you burn it - it makes the PS2 see it as a video disc (which are unprotected) rather than a game disc (which are), and then the program on the memory card runs it. Pretty spiffy. No hardware modification or swap-discing.

If you can't find anyone to do it, you can send a memory card to me and I'll do it for you. Might throw in some 'gaemz' too if you're lucky. :D
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HCO

That sounds like magic!~ I'm down for sending my memory card, because there's gonna be nobody I know that can do that, haha. Does it get wiped in the process? Not that I really care about my T5.0 data..

PM me an address and I'll send it later this week! :o

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

ORRRRRR

u can just come to joes on sunday and hava jam then haha
and u get to meet everyone and all that whoo-hah

plus we can play some cvs2....altho i suck but i can still play haha
The New Generation Clockw0rk

JoeKage

Quote from: AD on January 13, 2009, 02:55:19 PM
ORRRRRR

u can just come to joes on sunday and hava jam then haha
and u get to meet everyone and all that whoo-hah