• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus (Wii, PS2, PSP) US

Started by fluxcore, January 28, 2009, 01:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

The US is finally getting a release of GGXXACP.. "Spring" 2009, which I guess is our Autumn.

Unfortunately not on a system that really matters (or has online play!)

More info
http://www.aksysgames.com/2009/01/27/hear-ye-hear-ye-guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-in-the-house/#more-1494

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps2/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus/preview/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus/a-20090126183926593062/g-20090126111125333094 (lol at the quote "Its ultra complex combo system makes Guile's old re-dizzy combo in Street Fighter II seem like a walk in the park" - it consisted of JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB (dizzy)... JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB (dizzy) JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB etc.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HCO

Interesting news but as far as I know, the difference between AC and AC+ isn't that significant. It just adds EX movesets, the new team mode, and apparently some story stuff?

fluxcore

Pretty much, and the bosses are playable I think.

Would be much more interesting if they had released it on a platform someone cares about...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HCO

Dunno how well online GG would fare on consoles anyway. I can't see myself trying to do Slayer f.S > c.S link online, or anything like that..

ROCOABC

Quote from: fluxcore on January 28, 2009, 04:44:23 PM
Pretty much, and the bosses are playable I think.

Would be much more interesting if they had released it on a platform someone cares about...

I have the PS2 JP version.  Pretty much AC+ contains both Kliff and Justice.  They have been toned down quite a bit but still not enough as they are still overpowered.  Also adds a story mode (multiple path per character) so for anyone that can't be bothered trying to complete survival mode again you can play story mode to unlock the EX movesets and the GOLD version of each character.

As far as platform is concerned, it would have been nice to release the game on PSN and XBL but hey maybe thay may happen within the next year or so when PS2 start to slowly fade away.

BTW (off topic) anyone going to pick up Arcana Heart 2 for the PS2?  April 6 for the Japanese release.