• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SFIV fightstick (NOT TE) $200

Started by fluxcore, February 02, 2009, 09:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

I have found you can find happiness in cdwow

http://www.cdwow.com.au/search?query=street+fighter+iv&category=all

SFIV Fightsticks (normal, not the TE one) for a total of $200 (shipping is free somehow?!), both PS3 and 360 versions. The price is about what I'd expect, half of the TE stick price, or alternatively the US price + $40 "fuck you" fee. Not a bad option for those of you desperate for a stick though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

gunsmoke

Quote from: fluxcore on February 02, 2009, 09:50:56 AM
I have found you can find happiness in cdwow

http://www.cdwow.com.au/search?query=street+fighter+iv&category=all

SFIV Fightsticks (normal, not the TE one) for a total of $200 (shipping is free somehow?!), both PS3 and 360 versions. The price is about what I'd expect, half of the TE stick price, or alternatively the US price + $40 "fuck you" fee. Not a bad option for those of you desperate for a stick though.

Already get use of it when i use to be LIK-Sang invester lol.....no choice if u get latest new , good things u have to pay. Sometimes if u not lucky u get charge at custom...they will ring u up.  ;)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

stereomonkey

JB Hifi are going to have some in stock over here in oz, maybe the same case for nz?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Quote from: stereomonkey on February 02, 2009, 03:12:49 PM
JB Hifi are going to have some in stock over here in oz, maybe the same case for nz?

Really? Interesting... any idea how much?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Quote from: stereomonkey on February 02, 2009, 03:12:49 PM
Fuckin hope so
pringles

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on February 02, 2009, 03:44:22 PM

Really? Interesting... any idea how much?

No idea to be honest.  I talked to a few stores in the Sydney CBD and they didn't say how many, but did say they were differently getting some in.  I just hope so and hope they aren't fucking me around.

Hopefully it will be a little bit more cheaper too :)

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CptMunta

I've got one.... Well what's left of it.

Joystick sucked. Kept on randomly missing down forward. Bought a new Sanwa Stick for around $40 was a pain in the ass getting the mounting plate off. Had to resort to using a hacksaw! Make sure you get a new stick with a mounting plate.

Button started sticking. Thought I'd try and move the buttons around. Try to take wires off and broke a button. Wires are still ok.

So now am buying Sanwa buttons for it. for around $60. So all in all stick will end up costing me $300

I've been offered a TE fightstick for $180 when they land here. I'm thinking Why bother when I have the same parts in my SE now.  ::)

If you want a easyish to mod PCB with pretty cool artwork and rubbish sanwa knockoff parts you were gonna replace anyways, buy it.

If you were going to buy the $400 stick and replace the parts with Seimitsu you may as well get this one (unless you want the extra weight, size, easier to replace art and cord storage)

If you wanted an awesome arcade stick out-of-the-box don't bother. I played on Gino's DOA Hori felt and it felt better.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

You wanna give me the TE stick for $180 then? :D

[8-----D] Toots

Ill give ya $220 for it lol/serious

Chuckk

CptMunta is right.
My friend ordered the Fight Stick, it arrived on monday I think.
Anyway, the stick is HORRID.
It sticks everywhere. We followed a guide on SRK, and cut this washer out.
It works ok now, without any part replacements.

But. It was $200, and really, the buttons are nicer than default namco buttons (which is all we have atm), but not $200 nicer. If you already have a stick, save your money and mod it. The SE is nice if you can throw the cash at it for the case and PCB, because you definitly will want to put a new stick in, and most likely new buttons (especially if your use to playing with real parts)

I went the other route and decided to build from scratch.
My parts only just shipped cause of hold ups with lizardlick and a mistake Chad made on the shipping, anyhow, I'll show pics of that etc, but for a price comparison, I'm up to about $360 on this stick. That includes;

JLF, 8 OBSF30s, Pre-Arranaged Cthulu PCB so I dont have to do any soldering (yes, lazy useless etc), A MASSIVE sheet of MDF.. like, 4m x 1.5m (got it for $20 from local mitre10), 2 sheets of 3mm perspex, a usb cable, wire ties, and 100m of 22awg wire (couldnt find it not in bulk -_-) This also includes shipping.

You could probably build a stick from scratch, with minimum effort (tyvm cthulu board) for about $250-325.

So yeah, by the time you've replaced the buttons and stick on your SE, it was probably the same cost to build your own.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

fluxcore

Which, to me, is an argument FOR buying the SE stick.

I've built 3 separate sticks in the past 10 years or so, and the 2 sticks on my arcade cabinet, in addition to dealing with an Agetec stick and whatever others my friends have had.

Despite having all these sticks, I'm getting the TE stick. Why? Because it has a professionalism and finish that is incredibly difficult to get on a home-made stick. While my sticks got better and better, unless you are some serious woodworker with real tools (including a router), it will always be somewhat shitty. My first stick looked fucking terrible. Even for my most recent efforts, I'd much rather have the SE stick housing with the replaced parts.

There is a definite satisfaction from making it entirely yourself, I know, but honestly - just get an SE stick and replace the bits. Or get a TE stick and be done with it.

Chuckk

Yeah fair enough.
The TE stick really is the creme de la creme.
It would be nice if they had been easily available to us unfortunate island dwellers

RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

CptMunta

Quote from: Toomeke on February 28, 2009, 04:29:43 PM

$180, $220. Actually if I sell it I'd like to make some kind of profit  ;D

Or Sell my fully decked out PS3 SE fightstick (sanwa stick, 6 sanwa buttons) for round the $250 mark.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: CptMunta on March 01, 2009, 10:58:08 AM
Quote from: Toomeke on February 28, 2009, 04:29:43 PM

$180, $220. Actually if I sell it I'd like to make some kind of profit  ;D

Or Sell my fully decked out PS3 SE fightstick (sanwa stick, 6 sanwa buttons) for round the $250 mark.

How about 300? :P

Lennysaurus

I dont know bout you guys but the stick and buttons make bugger all difference to me.  You could strap a tree branch to the top of a weetbix box and make some buttons out of playdough and I'd still ride that motherfucker till the wheels fall off.

Fuckin loose, tight, bat shaped, convex, bla bla bla... all doesnt really make a diff to me.

I just dropped $399 on the TE stick though.  Not cause I can feel the difference, but moreso cause I wanna look cooler than you guys when I bust out my phat TE stick.  WOOT!

Im gonna cover it in transformer and Dragonball Z stickers from the 2 dollar shop so that its awesomeness pwns your faces even more.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero