• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Yifans [SFIV] Every weekday lunch 12:30 - 2pm (Esp. Wednesday)

Started by Hydro, February 03, 2009, 06:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Hey all, just wanted to let everyone know the competition has been heating up on Street Fighter IV at Yifans during the days here. Any new players are welcome to join in the challenges each day.

Regulars are:

Myself/James: C.viper & Boxer (but really everyone)
Simon: Dhalsim, Guile, Blanka, Fuerte (Same as me, picks whoever, def the guy to beat ATM)
Ben: Boxer (turtle master!)
Andy: Ryu
Nathan: Ken
Matt: E.honda

And there's a few others picking, Ryu, Ken of course, Guile, Sagat, and Dictator, and Blanka.

Anyone keen for the meet up, wednesday is usually the best lunch time for us. Evening challenges can be and often are arranged for tues/thur/Fri or sunday afternoons.

Simon, Ben and I will also offer up tutoring on most characters to players should you require some tips/training etc

Please feel free to contact me via PM to grab my # if you wish, we can build this community up to rival some of the greatest once console hits I reckon.

TTYS,

Hydro / James

fluxcore

Awesome to hear. How are you finding C.Viper? I tempted to try pick her up, but am a bit worried about the difficulty/execution factor.

I love how this game actually has a decent, playable roster... if you like the character and put time in, you'll do well. The tiers aren't so solid... although Sagat is a dirty fucker.

Welcome to the site, btw :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Hydro

Hey bro, Yeah C.viper is IMO the hardest char to pick up and learn. I only started playing her as a main late last year, so I'm still only at an itermediate stage for figuring out her zoning and set-ups vs the various match-ups. Not doing too bad though, can stand toe to toe with most of the regulars with her now, yes. . . 150 matches later lol.

That said, she's addictive, more-so than any other character in the game, especially when you learn to hit her Seismo to burning kick to Ultra combos and set ups, let alone her mix-ups with the thunder knuckle feints and high stun combos. Awesome.

I know my friend Ben is looking to pick her up once console hits which would be great, and I'll be training hard on her til then and then it's 24hours a day for me to get her whole game down on PS3.

Phew, she's awesome.

SO yeah, anyone keen for a challenge is welcome, see you all there tomorrow 12ish!

iMagneto

Quote from: hydrokinesis on February 03, 2009, 06:15:05 PM
Hey all, just wanted to let everyone know the competition has been heating up on Street Fighter IV at Yifans during the days here. Any new players are welcome to join in the challenges each day.

Regulars are:

Myself/James: C.viper & Boxer (but really everyone)
Simon: Dhalsim, Guile, Blanka, Fuerte (Same as me, picks whoever, def the guy to beat ATM)
Ben: Boxer (turtle master!)
Andy: Ryu
Nathan: Ken
Matt: E.honda

And there's a few others picking, Ryu, Ken of course, Guile, Sagat, and Dictator, and Blanka.

Anyone keen for the meet up, wednesday is usually the best lunch time for us. Evening challenges can be and often are arranged for tues/thur/Fri or sunday afternoons.

Simon, Ben and I will also offer up tutoring on most characters to players should you require some tips/training etc

Please feel free to contact me via PM to grab my # if you wish, we can build this community up to rival some of the greatest once console hits I reckon.

TTYS,

Hydro / James

i havent been yifans for a long time, need more practice with bison =) im up for it bro =)

Mike - M.bison =)

Hydro

Hey Mike, has been a long time!

I was always impressed with your dictator/M.Bison combos, (Too much youtube lol) it would be good to see you down at the yif sometime soon my bro.

Ben, Simon, Andy and I will be down at 12:30 today. Probably Matt and Nathan will show up too, so bring your game face.

iMagneto

heya sorry i wasnt there at 12 to 2pm~~i got there at 3 but everyone left except ben =)
good match lor

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Man the competition in this game at yifans is wicked! I would play but my zangief seems sub-par (for the $2 per credit) at the moment :-X
pringles

Hydro

Mike: Good match yesterday dictator (bison) vs my Viper. Great combos and rush down from you. I played a little crap, kept missing stuff (Like knuckle fients), but still a good game.

Glad you beat Nathan's Ken too, he's good that guy, but you kicked ass!

Everyone is still welcome, with console versions dropping next week, I expect a lot more people down there and the competition should heat up considerably. :)

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

iMagneto

rush downs, resets trying so many different ways using bison =)
learning to play ryu, sagat and akuma still~~...ill practice hard when i get it on console =)

but hey it was a good game, c viper still viped my ass >_<~~

Will

Sup guys
I play sometimes at Yifans throughout the week after class etc, pretty new to SFIV keen to learn new ways to play and use certain characters. But yea ill be down there 2moro after 3 for a little while playing & watching.
Learning....

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Will on February 15, 2009, 06:02:23 PM
Sup guys
I play sometimes at Yifans throughout the week after class etc, pretty new to SFIV keen to learn new ways to play and use certain characters. But yea ill be down there 2moro after 3 for a little while playing & watching.

Hey dude

Come down wednesday if you can...probably the best time if your looking for some non cpu comp. I hang around usually till three...just look for the dude with the ginger ??? beard playing boxer

Will

Shit couldnt get down today, might have to give this week and next a miss since its out on console friday. But for sure will be playing down at yifans when im better. Have a fair amount of comp at home with flatmates :D
Learning....

zos'la

wow lively arnt we here :)
just found my way back here again been years.. i still remember teh account!!!
anyways Jame is here too amazing gosh...

hope to see you guys in yifans more.. sadly i can only play during my lunch time: 12:30 monday- friday.

but if you guys do manage to organize some events, just post it and i'll be there!!!

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.