• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4

Started by Gino, February 06, 2009, 07:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Yeah, weekdays are pretty shit for me (work and all), although I might be able to pop along for a bit at lunch.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Hydro

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing you both on monday! :D

Gino

Quote from: hydrokinesis on November 11, 2009, 03:21:15 PM
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing you both on monday! :D
Do not touch the left machine, (the one closest to the racing games).

Hydro

Why?

Is it on the blink? Fuck that, they're right there, they should fix that shit before I come down (or at least before the tourney/quals)

stereomonkey

Hah, its H-Town for a reason :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Gino

Quote from: hydrokinesis on November 11, 2009, 09:11:19 PM
Why?

Is it on the blink? Fuck that, they're right there, they should fix that shit before I come down (or at least before the tourney/quals)

Hp and Mk have issues. Good luck trying to focus or ultra with any characters.

Hydro

goddamn it.

I mean, what's their excuse for not fixing em yet????? >:( >:(

fluxcore

Because they don't care?

There are reasons why I never go to that arcade.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

Quote from: hydrokinesis on November 11, 2009, 11:33:14 PM
goddamn it.

I mean, what's their excuse for not fixing em yet????? >:( >:(

Well I explained to the manager exactly what the problem was, but I duno. Basically they are using the wrong sized connections two the buttons so they are loose. They don't fall off but they eventually get dirty and since they are loose the dirt will work itself inside the connection stopping the button from working unless you bash it hard (which 1/2 of players do anyway). I'll mention it again and see if they can fix it.

fluxcore

I mean shit, even I have the connections they need, useless!

Hydro

Props to Alan and Gino today for a great afternoon.

Alan: I owe you at least a couple of drinks for the use of your TZ credit my bro. I was really impressed by your Boxer today, if you're ever at a stage where you're looking into playing competitively again, I'd start with him. GGS

Gino: Great sets versus you yet again bro, Your Blanka is eons beyond anyone else who plays him here or for me at least anyone who plays him online. Lots of mix ups, a solid command of spacing and an immediate and undenibale grasp on his normals. I can't believe some of those anit-airs you were pulling out vs Gief etc, awesome shit. Your Gief is getting ferocious too, nice combos and good use of "the Headbutt" :D Can't wait for the next sets we have.

Give my props to those Honda and Ken players, they were pretty decent, and I had a good time playing against them with both Viper and Claw.

GGS!!!

Gino

Glad to see it wasn't a disappointment! The other guys are in awe of your skill. Good games!

fluxcore

Yeah GGS man, always a pleasure :)

Hydro

Yo! My Hamilton brothers. . .

I should be down either next Sunday or Monday (the weekend after this one) Keen to play anyone who's down there.

Barnstorm

Quote from: fluxcore on November 12, 2009, 06:34:11 AM
Because they don't care?

There are reasons why I never go to that arcade

this makes me so fuckin angry

wellington is just as bad if not worse
i know how easy and cheap it is to fix this shit but every fighting game in wellington has at least 1 button or joystick that does not work

i have pretty much come to the same conclusion as you flux and once my coin runs out on my tz card im done with welly timezone