• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Auckland - BK Timezone Queen St

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Will on February 14, 2010, 12:57:24 AM
Yea its pretty sweet, like jamming there instead of yifans least the service is WAY WAY better LOLOLOL

I disagree. When a game's controls are broke Yifans will fix it almost immediately (if the guy is there to do it). Also I once requested that Yifans get a Jojos Bizarre Cabinet back up and whaddaya know a week later it's there.

I'm not sure if TZ Akl is the same as the Hamilton one but I once told the guys at Hamilton that the buttons were broke and there response was almost "there's nothing we can do". Very poor service imo.

HoneyBadger

I'm pretty sure the fixing dude wasn't there when you asked, but yeah. Generally Yifans has pretty good service, my only problem is that kid doing the change =_= always complains when you ask for shit
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Will

Quote from: Smoofologist on February 14, 2010, 09:20:50 AM
my only problem is that kid doing the change =_= always complains when you ask for shit

This, Do agree that the service guy at Yifans is good other than that, fuck that shit! Dont know how you can get angry at flipping a few coins onto a counter  ???
Learning....

CrazyMobius

Ha ha. So long as you get the coins what's the problem? I never take that much notice of the money changers expressions lol.

HoneyBadger

Nah he does shit like steal your coins and stuff. So many times he tries to pocket your shit if you ask for like $20 or something. He also gets shitty if you ask for  $5 saying he wont give you change unless it's $10 and gets shitty when you give him $20 saying it's too much and he'll only give you ten. This stuff is bullshit

MUMMYHALA

xpunch

Quote from: Smoofologist on February 14, 2010, 05:26:04 PM
Nah he does shit like steal your coins and stuff. So many times he tries to pocket your shit if you ask for like $20 or something. He also gets shitty if you ask for  $5 saying he wont give you change unless it's $10 and gets shitty when you give him $20 saying it's too much and he'll only give you ten. This stuff is bullshit

its worse when you have to count ur money and ur $1 or $2 short and you tell him he gave incorrect change and he laughs and gives the right change without checking and shit. i probly got ripped off heaps coz i only checked my change for the 1st time on friday 12/02/10 lol basteerdzzz. >:(

Will

Quote from: Smoofologist on February 14, 2010, 05:26:04 PM

Pretty much and I only notice his shittyness when my moneys thrown back at me over the counter lol. Someone should just get a $50 changed, shit would explode in that booth!
Learning....

massi4h

Yifans guys are my friends lol. Most of them know me from years ago and never rip me off!  >:(

One day one of them woke up when I was waiting at the counter and asked me where is my dad. He hasn't been in there for probably like 10 years.

samurai black

ive never had any problems with the guys at yifans when i get change. granted, i havent been there as often for the last year, but still.

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

them yifans guys been rippin you's off? ofcorse they have, majority of them are from my ways haha
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

massi4h

Yeah they respect us islanders aye richard.

HoneyBadger

yeah, like I said. Only the young dude. The OG yifans dudes are sweet as and have been there for years.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

I have never seen a young dude working at yifan? its always those big guys (islanders) ... they all good to me as i've also been around Yifans since when? 1992? or 3....I'll report that young guy if he tries it on me though I have never seen him... Try to complain to the boss (Andy) he usually slaps them :P

Also Neil, thanks for looking into the SF4 cab and would love to have an console version in a cad for SSF4. This gives us another place to hang out :D would be mint to have a mini tournament held by you guys^^ as I've tried to get you're manager? skinny asian guy with glasses to help promote our tounaments but it seems as he never put the posters I gave him up... -.-
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on February 15, 2010, 08:43:37 AM
its always those big guys (islanders) ...

Thanks for the clarification man.  :D

Neal

I'm going into Timezone tonight for super session 10$= 2 hours free Tekken plus you get 10$ credit for everything else. Come down if ya'll want some games, about 7pm.

@ Zosla- Yeah I can imagine the bosses are a bit reluctant. Being a big corporation they are reluctant to promote anything unless they can put their name on it. They've been pretty good about organising tournaments, but they usually have to be organised by staff. If you've got smaller flyers then we can leave a stack at the counter.