• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - BK Timezone Queen St

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Played Animal Kaiser 3 for the first time today. Holy fuck this game is addictive. At $2 a game its not good for the wallet, but fuck i really enjoyed it eh. Putting my epic RNG skills to good use. Rocking the Snow leopard until i get a more useful powerup for my peregrine falcon.

Fuck, the hippo hit me with a move where it put on a bow tie and sang into a microphone. I am not even kidding. And the orangutan busted out a remote controlled exploding cymbol monkey. This game is awesome.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Wholly shite, i thought you were joking till i youtubed it.

CONSOLE MAH FUCKING PORT THIS BITCH
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CrazyMobius

So can you use the cards to play with other people or does the satisfaction come from just seeing the insane on screen animal antics?

Lennysaurus

You have to have a machine.  Basically everytime you play you get a random card.  There are three types:

Animal - This chooses your animal.  If you don't have an inmal card you get the default lion that sucks balls
Strong(?) - This decides how powerful your moves will be, can't remember what the default setting is cause I'm a fucking baller and rock my own strong card
Miracle - This is basically a cool super move for your animal, The default is called Magma something or rather, and is pretty cool looking.  The one I use at the moment summons a colourful easter egg from the clouds which cracks open and drops a giant cheeseburger on your opponent.

When you start your game, you get asked to scan in one of each card type, and from then on you play.  When/If you lose you get given a random card.  Its seriously pretty damn sweet.

I've got the praying mantis at the moment as well.  He has a move where he fells a tree onto the opponent.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

originaljulz

Basically you have cards which you scan into the arcade machine. Animal cards, strong cards, and miracle cards.

Animal is your well, animal. Strong cards determine how strong specific attacks are, and miracle cards are basically like a big super magic attack. All the cards have different properties which match together and the better the match your cards are then the better your set up is.

The fun of the game comes from how the roulette system can fuck you over, and when you're playing with a friend or something, and you just need 1 more attack to win, and then they roll a 20, and then you roll a 10, and then you lose, then hilarity ensues.

You get a random card at the end of every game which is how you collect cards. I have a stack like 4-5 inches high of cards lol.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

originaljulz

Ooh Lenny you beat me by like 60 seconds.  :D

Lennysaurus

Oh this reminds me.  I had a Gold card with Timezone like 2 years ago.  I held onto it for like aaaaaages, but only just lost it recently when I moved to New Lynn.

Will they be able to hook me back up even though I haven't used it in over a year?  Or will I have to start again?

Also have they fixed the joystick on the BB:CS cabinet yet?

originaljulz

Yeh they should be all good with getting you a new one, it'd prob just be a matter of paying the $5 it costs to get another one. And I haven't been to TZ in a week since I had an assignment to work on last week, and it's my holidays now. But I'll let you know next time I go. Might be tomorrow.

Knowing TZ they prob wouldn't have tho lol...

originaljulz

I went today, and they still haven't done anything about the 2P stick. Guttered. I'll have to keep hassling the manager to get some proper parts in otherwise people won't play :S

Lennysaurus

Yeah I have been back again and the stick was still borked.  Need to get on top of that shit.

moose!

We have Animal Kaiser 3 down here as well!

2011 Nationals money match bitches!

We also have a Tekken 6 cab which has been newly outfitted with Chuckk style fish and chip shop sticks and buttons... maybe if you're lucky they'll throw some into the BB cab too and then it will never die! (at the expense of your combos ???)

samurai black

fuck, the terminator salvation game down there sucks balls.

ain't got shit on rambo over at imax.

Lennysaurus

Man spent like 3 hours down there today.

Played some GG's of Blazblue against some dude playing Litchi.

Played some Tekken 6, definitely gonna start playing that down there more regularly.  Gonna get me Bob card and name it something rad.

Also scored a sweet Rhino card on Animal Kaiser.  Yay!

ErlKing2

Me was the hazama player

Is anyone going to play BBCS on tomorrow Wednesday?
and do you guys have PSN??

originaljulz

Player 2 stick still crap, Lenny?

I might be down there tomorrow before 4:30 when I have to leave for work, but I will more probably be there on Thursday for a few hours before 4:30 cos of half price :D