• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - BK Timezone Queen St

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

dont think so on the smaller cab?

Chch guys, I don't know what ur talking about? whats teh story with ur cab? are the taking them away and bringing them to auckland? i though auckland Tz are getting brand bnew cabs? or are they taking urs away? ..... that would be LOL.....
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

wong

Update: Both cabs are working now at Timezone.

I fixed the sound on the left hand side machine so both have got sound now.
Techies fixed the ratio on the left machine but right one is still abit ugly. If anyone knows how to fix the aspect ratio let me know.

Cody and jacksmash playing right now.

CptMunta

Quote from: zos'la on January 07, 2011, 02:27:02 PM
dont think so on the smaller cab?

Chch guys, I don't know what ur talking about? whats teh story with ur cab? are the taking them away and bringing them to auckland? i though auckland Tz are getting brand bnew cabs? or are they taking urs away? ..... that would be LOL.....

We heard from Damon TZ manager for chch Colombo. That they are sending one of our cabs to make money in Auckland since one of the Auckland cabs is busted. That way Auckland keeps making money. Which makes sense if a bit rat shit.

Buuuuut if they are just sending both chch cabs up north just because. That would totally suck. I'd only get it if there were long lines waiting to play vs. But if there are 4 cabs with only two being used at one time anyways, that would make no sense.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Lennysaurus

They have definitely lost revenue not having a fully working versus setup.  Loads of people have been waiting for them to fix it.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CptMunta

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on January 07, 2011, 04:43:26 PM
They have definitely lost revenue not having a fully working versus setup.  Loads of people have been waiting for them to fix it.

It makes total sense for them to send our cab up if the Auckland cab can't be fixed. I'm just confused with all this talk that the broken cab has been "fixed" or has it been replaced with our cab. If the busted cab got fixed I just really hope we get our AE cab back. And it isn't sitting up there unused while people play vs.

wong

The Chch cabs weren't meant to replace our broken cabs.
Apparently they were meant to be the other 2 cabs which will complete our 4 way link.

Nick4now

Tbh as much as it pains me to say it but I'm not surprised. Noone here in CHCH was expecting AE to be here but now that it is neither of us wants to part ways with the two cabs  :-[

You guys don't mind letting us keep them right? Especially since Yifans is also getting them too  :D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CptMunta

Quote from: wong on January 07, 2011, 05:50:33 PM
The Chch cabs weren't meant to replace our broken cabs.
Apparently they were meant to be the other 2 cabs which will complete our 4 way link.

If it's economics fine. But we were given 11 days with the cabs over the holiday break and the game was at $2.20 a game, not alot of time to proove the real numbers. Especially since TZ gets it's most traffic after work and with the earthquake shutting down Central City for a few days. If I knew they weren't going to stick around I would have spent more time down there. Damon and I were planning a Tournament in which Timezone were going to give away an offical old school SF2 CE Cab!!! to get people interested Of course the Tourney would have been SSF4AE. Was hoping for the much needed arcade revival so we could play at the same time as Auckland and grow our small scene.

Oh well it's just business  :-\ Play the shit out of those cabs gentlemen and if they are not being used tell TZ that there are Players hungry for games down in 3rd world earthquake torn post apocalypse Christchurch

karizzma

What time is everyone going down to TZ mostly? Going to try make a trip at some time and show El Fuerte top tier...

JackSmash

Ken and Yang. So awesome  8)

GGs Len Ben bil Cdy Krt Rry.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: CptMunta on January 07, 2011, 07:32:49 PM
If it's economics fine. But we were given 11 days with the cabs over the holiday break and the game was at $2.20 a game, not alot of time to proove the real numbers. Especially since TZ gets it's most traffic after work and with the earthquake shutting down Central City for a few days. If I knew they weren't going to stick around I would have spent more time down there. Damon and I were planning a Tournament in which Timezone were going to give away an offical old school SF2 CE Cab!!! to get people interested Of course the Tourney would have been SSF4AE. Was hoping for the much needed arcade revival so we could play at the same time as Auckland and grow our small scene.

Oh well it's just business  :-\ Play the shit out of those cabs gentlemen and if they are not being used tell TZ that there are Players hungry for games down in 3rd world earthquake torn post apocalypse Christchurch

Munta can you talk to the management there? Organize a petition or something? Maybe get players to prepay their TZ cards if they are willing to show how much they will play.

Lennysaurus

GG's the other night guys.  T'was fun.

Um, I really want to say something mean and take the piss out of Christchurch because we are stealing their cabinets, but I reckon that there would be an evil voodoo doll somewhere in the south island that looks like me getting stabbed with pins if I did.

Apparently we are gonna have 4 cabinets at TZ in Auckland.  I think they are pretty keen to run Tourneys and stuff too.  Should be pretty cool.  Still undecided if I want to play Guy in AE tbh.  Thinking maybe him or Ibuki.  Sim feels pretty kaka imo.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

samurai black

ABC_SMN

Have Ppl...
How is everyone doing?
Im in China now.. Playing Super SSf4..... about 100 players in here..
and ITS ONLY 60CENT PER GAME!!!
Good luck ppl.... and see what you guys could improved up to. Im coming back in April. Hopefully there will be a tournament on.,,,,

Well.... sorry if I posted in the wrong place... But.... seriously.... Let me know which character is better?
So many Guile, M. bison, E.Honda, FeiLong, Sakara. in Guangzhou (China) better good too....
Anyways.... nice to see  your replies... :D

ErlKing2

Quote from: ABC_SMN on January 10, 2011, 12:53:21 AM
Have Ppl...
How is everyone doing?
Im in China now.. Playing Super SSf4..... about 100 players in here..
and ITS ONLY 60CENT PER GAME!!!
Good luck ppl.... and see what you guys could improved up to. Im coming back in April. Hopefully there will be a tournament on.,,,,

Well.... sorry if I posted in the wrong place... But.... seriously.... Let me know which character is better?
So many Guile, M. bison, E.Honda, FeiLong, Sakara. in Guangzhou (China) better good too....
Anyways.... nice to see  your replies... :D

pick Makoto