• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - BK Timezone Queen St

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuckk

Can someone test this out with Oni,

when opponent is knocked down, fireball fadc dash punch crossup move?
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Lennysaurus

I tried it.  It isn't unblockable, you just block oni.  And because it is SFIV you can also mash a DP and have it auto-correct his nuts off.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Chuckk

thought something like that would be the case. and you don't have time to whiff the cross up dash punch and go low/high? I doubt it but w/e.

cheers lenny
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

samurai black

Quote from: [NIUE]iRONSoL on January 27, 2011, 01:17:26 PM
At least richard will be happy

only if he has backthrow + ultra and parry.

Kinetic_IQ

GGs for the AE battles today Mason. Sorry bout gapping it straight after my one and only win - felt mean tho :P. Crack up!
Formerly manawakore. Had to switch it up.

massi4h

Today was mean. I stayed for about 10 hours and got quite a bit of time with both new guys. Both have such mean looking Ultras but yeah I pretty much agree with Jack. Evil Ryu is pretty much what Capcom would have done to Akuma to make a comboable ultra. He's pretty much Akuma without most of his tools but does more damage. He can do heaps of Akuma combos and he can do light tatsu srk fadc both ultras, but his sweep is so slow. His low forward moves him forward heaps but he can't combo into it. Ultra 2 needs to be real close be used as anti fireball, alot of the time I'd get the first couple hits then they'd drop out of it. But low forward, ex fireball fadc Ultra 2 does heaps of damage and looks really cool.

But yeah has no air fireball, teleport is really slow and can't really do much of a vortex. I managed to light tatsu to sweep Guile a few times today I have no idea how though. I think the c.mps mighta pushed him back enough to make the tatsu a bit meaty (like how akuma does against fuerte) but then cross up tatsu is like Ryu's.

Kinda bored of him now tbh.

But Oni is pretty unique. So far he seems real average as a character but his ultras and super look so fucking cool. Best combo finisher I had was a heavy in hp srk or if further away do an hk tatsu. Couldn't figure any decent combos out. Once again he has c.mk, ex hadouken, fadc U2 which does heaps of damage and looks cool.

He does have real good pokes though but hes really big and quite slow. Air dash to raging demon looks so awesome, like best raging demon I've ever seen lol.

It's fun going from a comboed HP to ex dash slice move into ultra for the reset, but people will start catching on quickly and that gimmick will die.

Also both of them have massive recovery on their fireballs, like SSF4 Sakura level recovery its really sad. 

In terms of other characters, was doing some random select with smoof and got Cammy and thought oh gay I don't wanna play her anymore without TKCS but damn her normals felt so much better and her combos just went so smoothly. HP arrow is almost useless in combos now as it seems to only give one hit.

And Sakura feels like a really solid character. Her pokes are better, her fireball recovery is really good and yeah she still has all her old tricks, plus a couple new links. Might possibly full main her when AE DLC comes out.

Real fun day, pretty tired though. Anyone going on Monday for double dollars?

nztauranga

Quote from: zos'la on January 24, 2011, 11:08:54 AM
Hey I saw a pretty cute asian girl working there? long black hair? or am I seeing things....... hmmmmm I know there is anotehr asian chick working there who speaks cantonese.... but I am sure there was another...
haha zos' is your beast revealing itself like evil ryu??
-work to live not live to work-><>

geneterror

Quote from: massi4h on January 28, 2011, 12:55:12 AMAnyone going on Monday for double dollars?
I could be keen, I want to try out Bison and Sakura ;D
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on January 28, 2011, 11:34:20 AM
I could be keen, I want to try out Bison and Sakura ;D

yah im keen to go and slap same fat cash on my card.

Still waiting for my gold card.  Been like 3 months almost since I reapplied for it after I lost it.  But the people down there are so nice, so I dont want to complain haha.

Big ups to the TZ peeps for being awesome!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

karizzma

Got to play for a few hours yesterday and noticed that both of them have kara-focus. I think Evil Ryu has a chance but oni just seems meh. Only combo I got with oni was cr.mp, cr.mp, tatsu and cr.lp, cr.lp, st.lp, st.rh

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

They both seem pretty fucking average. At best.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

what time are you kungs gon' be there tomorrow?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Depends what time Kate takes my leash off.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Probably leave when I wake up, so like around 12 I guess. Not 100% sure on going though.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

in the process of trying to get the boss wife to take us into town , while she checks out the shops , i slink off ninja like to tz and get some double dollars muahhahahahha
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "