• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

NZism SFIV tourney @ RvB 21/03/09

Started by fluxcore, March 22, 2009, 11:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Awesome turnout, we had 35 entries when we finally got started after some technical difficulties.

Huge thanks to Zosla/Andy for organising everything, and Lenny & Gino for helping out with tournament running stuff.
Also the staff at RvB for being exceptionally helpful and going the extra distance to get us what we needed. A great venue and I'm sure we'll have another event there sometime in the near future!

I'm not entirely sure about the rankings, waiting for Andy to send me the datafile of the brackets, but AFAIK it went:

#1 - iMagneto (Dictator)
#2 - simonfish (Abel)
#3 - Toomeke (Balrog)

iMagneto, winner of the tourney & NZ's best dictator :)

Prizes were a 50/30/20 split of the prize pool (around $130) for top 3 places, also Street Fighter IV posters and Woodstock tshirts.
The first 20 people eliminated were given 1hr free gaming time at RvB, the venue where the tourney was held. Big thanks to them for the prizes :)

I'm not quite sure if there was a #3 spot playoff, usually dbl elim results in a 3rd-equal placing, again I'll have to look at the brackets to make sure.

Unfortunately simonfish (winner of winner's bracket) had to leave for work before the grand final match, so the last match wasn't quite what it could have been, but all the top 8 matches were intense! There were a couple of really great matches in the early brackets too.

Keep an eye out on this thread for photos and match vids as they appear.

Thanks again to everyone that entered, hope you had a great time! Any comments and suggestions are very welcome!

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Here's the flickr set of images...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fluxcore/sets/72157616015505030/

or some picks:

Lenny and Gino trying to set up the recording device - wasn't quite as easy as hoped.

The expecting crowd, or at least some of it.

After the tourney we went and got some Korean food, and then went to Yifan's to play yet more SFIV! Here's Blackstar, ???(sorry can't remember your name!), Zosla, Cr8zyk1ll3r (please correct!)
I had another shot of the other guys, but due to my awesome camera skills everyone's back was to me, so I won't bother putting it up.

Hopefully I have a couple more pics (including of the winner!) which I can put up soon... along with some vids coming a bit later.

Light Weight!, Toomeke, iMagneto, Cr8zyk1ll3r, Spazo, and some random.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

Ugh... going through all the footage now.  Will have top 8 up in the next couple of hours...

Will do the rest during the week

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Haha no probs Flux its Euan  ;D
Was good putting names and faces to the forum names , cool pics too nice to see you got my good side haha jokes jokes  :D

Congrats on the win mike , your dictator links were evil !!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 22, 2009, 01:06:02 PM
Ugh... going through all the footage now.  Will have top 8 up in the next couple of hours...

Will do the rest during the week

Is tastunoko working brew?????

Lennysaurus

I havent even looked at it bro... my eyes are crying from going through so much ken footage

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 22, 2009, 04:09:28 PM
I havent even looked at it bro... my eyes are crying from going through so much ken footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvWVzbLvK2I

On a brighter note I mite take up Gen or even Dan.

iMagneto

haha it looks like im gonna cry~ well nearly .. but man.. hardcore guys gave me an massive heart attack was light weight, tommeke, and more~~

and im very surprise how well u played ur ryu gino =)~ and lennys sifu gen i admire your combo links~
cant wait to get them uploaded hehe =)

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

hour champeein

he iz so seksee laaaaaa :o :o

sine my bREast
The New Generation Clockw0rk

geneterror

I had an awesome day! Catching up with old faces like Lenny, Steve etc and meeting new peeps Fluxcore, Gino, B1ackstar Ninja, Matt and the rest.
Bummer I couldn't stick around for dinner etc. Next time I'll make sure I'm free for post Tourney celebrations ;D
Picked up a few new tricks on the day!
Lookin' forward to the next one already :)
KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: AD on March 22, 2009, 10:45:06 PM
hour champeein

he iz so seksee laaaaaa :o :o

sine my bREast

Yours jiggle too much. He might not be able to write clearly.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

CptMunta

Wish I could have been there. Damn Cook Straight! Had to be at my Sister's wedding anyways.

Congrats TooMeke for placing third have to hit you up for some games this week. Go PSN  :P

Looking forward to the vids Lenny. Can't believe there just as many Ken players offline.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Lennysaurus

Vids are up in the Match Video Thread already bro.

Only the top 8 so far but more coming duing the week.

What I might do is stagger the vids over the next couple of weeks and see if we can get people loggin in to check them out and create some extra traffic!

HoneyBadger

Just have me speaking korean at the start of all the vids. Insta win
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA