• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

SF3:TS

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Quote from: massi4h on August 01, 2010, 11:17:42 AM
It is also invalidated because zangief is not in 3s  ;D

LOL - I meant in HD Remix :P
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

massi4h

Oh ok then lol, I'll let your English off. Probably my way of reading it though lol.

moose!

I really hope that they take the time to listen to people that actually play the game rather than those who have an opinion on it- I don't really think there should be an open forum for suggesting balance changes at all in 3S, there is a large base of players who have been playing it solidly since 2nd Impact and they should asked directly. There are a lot of non balance suggestions coming out of the SRK community which have some real merit though.

The worst matchups in 3S are actually really hard ones to address, commonly suggested ideas won't actually do that much to bridge those matchup problems in particular (eg, Chun/Oro)

Lennysaurus

Lenny's list of balance changes for Third strike:

Oro's standing close strong should be unblockable and parry proof and should explode chun li's verjayjay.

That is all.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

samurai black

they should make it if Q manages a 4th taunt in a round, your opponent automatically loses all their life.

CrazyMobius

I guess as far as damage goes. 12 could maybe deal a little bit more damage and that would make him a lot more viable.

Chuckk

Giving 12 more damage is really running a fine line between his current state and making him stupidly good.
A very minor boost, and perhaps a better s. hk is all he needs to move into the middle of the cast.

But I don't really think any changes should be made, especially not by request from anyone in the community.
The only players worth asking in my opinion are MOV and Kuroda, but I'd expect Kuroda would say lol l2p
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

massi4h

Yeah tbh there will be far more complaints if anything is changed than if nothing is imo.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: massi4h on August 04, 2010, 09:02:26 AM
Yeah tbh there will be far more complaints if anything is changed than if nothing is imo.

Exactly. And more potential for things to go wrong.

I'm pretty sure they will keep it as it is. Go Hugo.

moose!

Apparently Game Versus in Japan is currently organising same character 5v5 tournament, so hopefully we see at least one team for every character... and some videos. Pretty crazy idea imo.
Details are pretty scarce but the confirmed entries so far are:
QuoteNishintsupori 109 NEXT
Tokura (YA)   KO (YA)   Roshihikari (YA)   Bath (YA)   K (YA)
Edge of the screen Itte Q!
TM (Q)   Bars (Q)   OUT (Q)   The fizz came (Q)   TK (Q)
I swear, and Yang-w
Shiokara (YA)   Speak with (YA)   Wanta ー Ren (YA)   KZ (YA)   Cotton R (YA)
Century champion
Ike (DU)   Youhei (DU)   I art Hide (DU)   Dan (DU)   Bruno cedar (DU)
Messiah century
Yamakofu (DU)   Shohei (DU)   Lori (DU)   Eda (DU)   Yomoda (DU)
Hero (laughs)
Kazuya (AL)   Teruyuki through (AL)   KEI5000 (AL)   Zonekkusu (AL)   Total Normal KSK (AL)
Team Oro 5 weight 妖仙
Chan (OR)   Jade (OR)   dirty ♪ (OR)   Thanatos (OR)   Chelsea (OR)
Squadron Iyasunjai Healing
CASA (EL)   Ikego (EL)   St. (EL)   TOTO (EL)   ãƒ¼ page handy-dandy (EL)
Black belt
Boss (MA)   Haitani (MA)   Mimora (MA)   Tominaga (MA)   Idzu (MA)

Chuckk

DAMNNNN ORO AND ALEX TEAM.

HYPE
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

CrazyMobius

Hey Moose can you keep this thread updated with any vids of this tourney? I think this is an amazing idea as it will showcase not only the matchups but more importantly the individuals styles!

moose!

I probably will because I really am that bored.
Game versus tend to be good at putting out videos but I don't think we'll see the whole tournament, especially considering how potentially large this tournament could be.
I can't find a date for the event anywhere though  ???

Lennysaurus

Yay Oro team!!!!!

Def wouldn't mind seeing some of that.  Am finally able to use rocks now!! Woop woop!!!

Man itd suck if they came up against a chun team hahahaha.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

I hope there's a Team Remy hiding somewhere :/
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla