• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

SF3:TS

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

i will niether deny nor acknowlegde that accusation  :P

i also lyk cammy.....but i just hav a japanese schoolgirl fetish ::)
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Fate

Here's an awesome video of some casuals in Sydney.
It's between Hong and TSC. TSc one of the better/best players in Aus, and I've heard Hong is the best Australian Dudley. Anyway, it's one HELL of a match, and one of the better I've seen.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ibArzKzfW1w

fluxcore

Quote from: Fate on February 20, 2007, 11:29:41 PM
It's between Hong and TSC. TSc one of the better/best players in Aus, and I've heard Hong is the best Australian Dudley. Anyway, it's one HELL of a match, and one of the better I've seen.

I do kind of agree with that mario guy in the comments, that win 2nd round was pretty damned lucky that the random fierce XX super hit the second time... was good parrying and third round though. Still doesn't really make me want to play the game again though :D

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: Fate on February 20, 2007, 11:29:41 PM

Damn that was some funky sh_t rounds 2 and 3 were flippn tight cool vid  ;D
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

DevilStar

Coddfish

Welcome to the site, DevilStar! Tell us a bit about yourself, where you from, what you play etc etc. How did you find out about NZism? And don't forget to bring your friends  ;D

Hrm Flux, maybe we need an introductions forum?

DevilStar

Me = Auckland SF3.3 Player = Red or Green Urien.
What else I should say.
That is the only game I am playing at Yifans.

fluxcore

Urien is one of the only chars I actually enjoy watching/playing as... the other is Makoto, but I find she's boring of late too. So good choice :D

--flux

fluxcore

Quote from: Coddfish on June 14, 2007, 07:52:23 PM
Hrm Flux, maybe we need an introductions forum?

I kind of figured it'd be more useful for people to introduce themselves in the relevant region forum, so I never made one... not many have followed my lead though... :P Not obvious enough perhaps?

--flux

samurai black

who has advice for fighting lame urien and his annoying aegis reflector bs. im only using ryu for the moment, because i have a love affair with his side kick/blade kick/shuolder breaker kick. using SA1 cause that gives me the most meter to do pointless EX moves.

oooh, and explain to me how to kara throw. i know what it does, i just dont know how to go about it.

fluxcore

Umm, you can shin shoryuken through it? :D

Most obvious answer is "don't get into a position where urien can do aegis bs on you", although that's not super helpful, huh. You can kinda parry some aegis crap, but him hitting you at the same time fucks that up pretty hard.

Can't remember what Ryu's kara command is, but in general it's some-normal-move-that-makes-you-go-forward and then a throw input straight afterwards. Kinda timing like roll cancelling, or magic throw button presses - it's a cascade, not exactly together but really close together.

edit: my 3s strat book says Ryu's kara throw is F+MP. It also says that kara throws are slower than normal throws (since you need the 1~2 frames of the normal attack to come out first), and therefore don't use them when you are in throw range anyway, only when you need the extra range.

--flux

samurai black

ahahahaha, i beat the wanker who pwned me out with urien last time. annoying turtle ryu    was awesome. and now i just more or less EX shoryu whenever he pulls out that annoying aegis bs. if im lucky i smack urien away so he can't get back close again before aegis runs out.

also, kara throwing is fail cakes.

samurai black

i need help against chun li. im getting out poked at everything, and whenever i do something silly i get sa2 in the face.

im still using ryu.