• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

SF3:TS

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orochi

USE A BETTER CHARACTER!

Nah, actually I don't have any advice, I gave up ChunLi and Makoto to play Elena... Who RAWKS.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: samurai black on August 08, 2008, 11:51:44 AM
i need help against chun li. im getting out poked at everything, and whenever i do something silly i get sa2 in the face.

im still using ryu.

You need to learn what your opponent's looking for. He's probably waiting for you to stick out a poke and then they can simply parry it and go into super.

Ryu's main strength is his high stun game. Also learn to parry pokes into simple combos like. Parry -> cr MK-> Hurricane or cr MK-> Shinku Hadoken etc. That will be your bread and butter.

Also obviously dashing and throwing can act as a psychological tactic. I'm not a strong   Shoto player but when I play Ryu I dash all over the place and keep in and out of poke range.

But yeah ...hope that helps.  :-\

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Anyone got a tip for charge partitioning with urien?? I can do it like 1% of the time :'(.. Like I know what the combos look like, and when to do it, just can't DO IT!!! I think it's down to the timing?

Like: cr.HP -> LK/MK tackle XX HP Aegis -> HK tackle -> dash(partition here) -> MP headbutt(whiff over opponent) -> dash(other way) -> dash -> unblockable -> some more sheeit >:( >:( >:(
pringles

gunsmoke

Quote from: iRONsoL on August 27, 2008, 07:01:23 PM
Anyone got a tip for charge partitioning with urien?? I can do it like 1% of the time :'(.. Like I know what the combos look like, and when to do it, just can't DO IT!!! I think it's down to the timing?

Like: cr.HP -> LK/MK tackle XX HP Aegis -> HK tackle -> dash(partition here) -> MP headbutt(whiff over opponent) -> dash(other way) -> dash -> unblockable -> some more sheeit >:( >:( >:(

Q will solve da problem. Here is da advice from Q .............
                                                  ..................(die) lol.. ;D ;D ;D

just kidding ;D ;D ;D ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

I believe you charge down while tackling, then do F, D, F as the dash motion and then charge down again while dashing, and because your F motions are super quick the charge is still built up, so you can headbutt.

Not that I've ever attempted it or anything.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

JoeKage

Quote from: iRONsoL on August 27, 2008, 07:01:23 PM

You can also check out the Urien Tackle/Tackle/Headbutt Tutorial vid @ ComboVideos.com Hope that helps. Peace  8) 8) 8)

Katon: Housenka No Jutsu
Sage of the 6 Paths

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Sooo.. who still plays this??

I need to unleash my Alex  8)..

..or get beasted on  ::)
pringles

gunsmoke

Quote from: iRONsoL on November 14, 2008, 09:23:18 PM
Sooo.. who still plays this??

I need to unleash my Alex  8)..

..or get beasted on  ::)

Me still play Q  ;D ;D ::) ::)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

samurai black

My terrible Denjin and I are still waiting.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

might play some third strike today.. since i feel like its a waste of my $2 on that lcd marvel game
pringles

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

sweet, i can fail with alex then.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

No! Something *must* be done if the poor quality of the mvc2 cab is forcing people to play *shudder* 3s! :D
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

is there some kind of trick to cancelling a straight up fireball into a super? because i can't fucking do one, and im attempting denjin ryu.

i can cancel remy's projectile into his super, but remy is lame.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Quote from: samurai black on November 19, 2008, 02:19:48 PM
is there some kind of trick to cancelling a straight up fireball into a super? because i can't fucking do one, and im attempting denjin ryu.

Yep. Fireball xx super?

haha and necro is the cheese, ay simon  ;D
pringles

Orochi

Quote from: samurai black on November 19, 2008, 02:19:48 PM

do qcf+P, qcf+P

you don't need to do qcf+P, qcfqcf+P because you've already done the first qcf!