• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter IV Tournament Bracket

Started by [8-----D] Toots, March 29, 2009, 02:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[8-----D] Toots

Street Fighter 4 Tournament 2009 Brackets.

fluxcore

The loser's finals bit is cut off. If you look at the winners bracket, simon beats iMagneto, sending iMagneto to the losers. He plays Toomeke for the winner of losers, which he wins - and then it's iMagneto vs Simon for the grand finals.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I see. I deleted my other post. The whole format is confusing. I read it as basically that winners in the first round continue down one tree, and losers in the first round continue down a second tree. I dont get how mike was 'sent' to the losers bracket at such a late stage of competition.

My interpretation was that the finals would be winner of tree 1 vs winner of tree 2. I can see how it would make sense to have the final in the 'winners bracket' being the final in the competition, and the winner of the 'losers bracket' gaining 3rd. But again thats not what happened here. I probably just need to look at it a bit more to understand it better.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Nevermind. I get it now. 1 loss = losers bracket, 2 losses = eliminated. I feel like an idiot for not ACTUALLY looking properly. I finally understand why there are so many friggin bye's
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

edit: Fuck! Now i've typed all this out and you worked it out anyway.  :'(

The easiest way of thinking about it is that you have to lose twice.

People that haven't lost go into the right (winner's) bracket, and continue going right until they lose.

One loss puts you straight into the left hand (loser's) bracket.
Once you're in loser's, further wins mean you go to the left. Obviously a loss in the loser's bracket means you're eliminated, since that's your second loss and it's double elim

The later you first lose, the further left you are when you get put into loser's. So iMagneto made it right up to the winner's final match, which means he hadn't lost yet. Losing that puts him into the loser's bracket, but since it's so late in the bracket he gets to play the winner of the loser's bracket (Toomeke). The winner of that match is the "winner of the loser's bracket", and that's the person that plays the "winner of the winner's bracket" in the grand final.

Of course, if the winner of the loser's bracket beats the winner of the winner's bracket in the grand final, the winner of winner's has only lost once, so then the winner of loser's has to beat them a second time.

That's why iMagneto has to play two games against "Simon".

Hope that explains it!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[8-----D] Toots

fluxcore

Quote from: Toomeke on March 29, 2009, 04:06:10 PM
its not cut off, just scroll across.

There's a little bit down the bottom left which is cut off, where there should be "AE" and "iMagneto"

Doesn't really matter though, cheers for upping it :)

Could you possibly send me the actual tourney maker file as well pls??

zos'la

ill have to get ben to coz i did it on his pc
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.