• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Street Fighter 4 Auckland 2nd Tournament 2009

Started by zos'la, March 30, 2009, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

Birdie raises a good point. If you look at most of the other forums that aren't here a lot of the people complain and bitch about shit that really isn't that bad to begin with. I know that that sort of problem wouldn't arise with our core members and such since we all get along so well. Perhaps it would be better to wait for the 2v2 thing until we get more close knit or include it as a not so serious sort of thing like part of the tutorial stuff from our grind sessions
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

I take every point and advice. I guess we need more discusions about this. Lets wait for other peoples feed backs.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

1. Im a fan of the japanese 1 character only style....but im not to fussed about it.

2. The banning of Seth/Gouken I reckon should be lifted, because like everyone says, Sagat is way better, well not way better, but stronger then alot of characters but not by too much so I reckon let them in. Doesnt really affect me cos i just like sagat yaaaaaahhhhh

and as for the 2v2 thing, I reckon fluxs ideas pretty sweet. One pro and one noob would make a pretty cool thing to see, plus we're all like not totally close, but not asshole enough to be like that towards other people.....but fuck if u make me lose lenny im so bleaching my skin and turning white :P
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Lennysaurus

Quote from: AD on March 31, 2009, 04:16:33 PM
1. Im a fan of the japanese 1 character only style....but im not to fussed about it.

2. The banning of Seth/Gouken I reckon should be lifted, because like everyone says, Sagat is way better, well not way better, but stronger then alot of characters but not by too much so I reckon let them in. Doesnt really affect me cos i just like sagat yaaaaaahhhhh

and as for the 2v2 thing, I reckon fluxs ideas pretty sweet. One pro and one noob would make a pretty cool thing to see, plus we're all like not totally close, but not asshole enough to be like that towards other people.....but fuck if u make me lose lenny im so bleaching my skin and turning white :P

Theres not enough fucking bleach on this planet to turn you white bro!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 31, 2009, 04:22:19 PM

then i guess im stuck as one half of TEAM BROWN

Lennysaurus

Quote from: AD on March 31, 2009, 04:33:29 PM

TIMA PARAONE MO TE WIKITORIA!!!!

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 31, 2009, 04:35:47 PM
Quote from: AD on March 31, 2009, 04:33:29 PM

TIMA PARAONE MO TE WIKITORIA!!!!

???umm.....yes?

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

zos'la

Lennysaurus

To bo honest, everyone is giving almost the exact same feedback.  Have multiple picks and dont ban seth gouken.  I reckon we can safely say that we're all good on this.

zos'la

at this stage we will go for double blind and all characters are usable.

I am just concern about Seth, I have played the human Seth and yes it does take huge damage, but the problem is can you even get to do those damage.
Imagine a character who has Guiles Sonic Boom + Giefs Throws + Dhalsim long hand and teleport + Uber Shoryuken which does more hit and dmg than any Shoto + Chun li wall jump with Akumas Axile kick with and a Super fast speed Ultra which goes right across teh screen through anything...
Not to mention his high stun rate with his combo links.

If a pro mains him.. its going to be really evil :D

That is just my thoughts, lets see how it goes i guess.

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: zosla on April 01, 2009, 08:15:36 AM

I am just concern about Seth, I have played the human Seth and yes it does take huge damage, but the problem is can you even get to do those damage.
Imagine a character who has Guiles Sonic Boom + Giefs Throws + Dhalsim long hand and teleport + Uber Shoryuken which does more hit and dmg than any Shoto + Chun li wall jump with Akumas Axile kick with and a Super fast speed Ultra which goes right across teh screen through anything...

Yeah Seth does have a lot of potential but you have to be the man to use him well. Oh and I looked at the frame data his Shoryuken does less damage than ryus and come out slower. Its as good as Sagats but you can't juggle with his ultra. What else....

You can punish his "Dhalsim arms" with rogs dash staight super and ultra LOL. Probably alot of things that can punish it....ryu super, chun super and ultra, e hona ex headbutt etc.

His sonic boom is as bad as kens hadouken. So it just looks like a sonic boom but thats where the comparisons stop. He loses in a fireball war with ryu.

Spinning pile driver is basically an untechable throw. The range on his jab spd is only marginally better than a normal throw. His ex spd is half decent cos of damage.

The Hyakuretsu (machine gun kick) is super unsafe on block no matter what version you use. Punish with whatever ya want.

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on April 01, 2009, 08:15:36 AM

I don't get it Andy, are you saying it's your opinion that Seth's the best in the game?

And if so, why did we not ban Sagat for the last tourney? I think it far more of a consensus that Sagat is better than anyone else ATM. hmmmm. . .

. . . And if not, then every character (Even lower tier) have moves and sequences that can yeild an amazing offense, Seth's not the only one, I don't think it's too much to expect that every character can win given the chance to hit, right?

Will weeventually ban Fuerte cause Leo and Will will (Soon) be able to go Feirce xx run stop xx fierce ad nauseum? I certainly hope not, fun times for all!

zos'la

I t was just my though, as i have to come a very good Seth and from what I have recently seen he has some uber combinations. And yes i rather fight a Seth than a Sagat :)
THe points i pointed out was to share and get opinions from you guys, I am in not position in anyway saying Seth is the best character. Just pointing his skills which I believe it may be a concern.

But as Ben pointed out some view points of his it may seem not so bad afterall.
I am just wanting to make this up coming Tournament as fair as posible to everyone, The last one I already had people bitching about the rules and such.

fluxcore

I do think Seth has the potential to be the best if you play him perfectly, but you really need to be untouchable. And if you're that good it probably doesn't matter who you use tbh
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness