• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4 Auckland 2nd Tournament 2009

Started by zos'la, March 30, 2009, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

But seriously, what IS the first prize? I'm really curious now  :-X
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on April 07, 2009, 11:46:44 AM

Anyone in it solely for the prizes isn't really getting the right idea imo. They are just a nice incentive to try harder.

Is there anyone in it soley for the prizes? Wouldn't think so.

zos'la

Some will, some won't.
It doesn't matter tbh, whatever the reason is for people to come and join the tourny is entirely up to them.
The prizes is there like a gift or some sort, of course you will need to earn it kinda thing. And what is a tournament with no PRIZES :P

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

gunsmoke

Quote from: zosla on April 08, 2009, 04:53:11 PM
Some will, some won't.
It doesn't matter tbh, whatever the reason is for people to come and join the tourny is entirely up to them.
The prizes is there like a gift or some sort, of course you will need to earn it kinda thing. And what is a tournament with no PRIZES :P

Thats wot im talking about ;D ;D ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Cr8zyK1LL3r

they expect us to pay $85 for the tournament without telling us the prize.......
And what else ?? ALL Chars are allowed.... seriously WTF x 10 !!!! Imagine NZ champion is a Fei Long or Gouken player. I wonder what other sf4 players in the world will think about nz sf4 level.

Lennysaurus

Im going in the eating contest as well.

NZISM REPRAZENT YO!!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Will

The prizes are sponsor products to a certain value, they cant really tell you exactly what its going to be because not all there sponsors are final plus they dont know what they are going to get given. Last year it was a few 360 games (recent releases) and controllers etc.
Learning....

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on May 28, 2009, 11:08:26 PM
they expect us to pay $85 for the tournament without telling us the prize.......
And what else ?? ALL Chars are allowed.... seriously WTF x 10 !!!! Imagine NZ champion is a Fei Long or Gouken player. I wonder what other sf4 players in the world will think about nz sf4 level.

iirc all characters are allowed internationally. The reason we don't see them used is because the console characters arent terribly good.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

As far as I'm concerned, if Lenny beats everyone with Gen or Gouken then that's fricking awesome. It's not like the rest of us that are going are completely useless.
I'm sure if a JP player won with Gouken there'd be tons of nuthugging, why should we be so different? I'm sure our level of Ryus is just as shitty in comparison to JP's as our console chars would be.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on May 29, 2009, 09:36:14 AM
As far as I'm concerned, if Lenny beats everyone with Gen or Gouken then that's fricking awesome. It's not like the rest of us that are going are completely useless.
I'm sure if a JP player won with Gouken there'd be tons of nuthugging, why should we be so different? I'm sure our level of Ryus is just as shitty in comparison to JP's as our console chars would be.
You need a photographic memory to be beastly with gouken, he's not cheap at all aye flux. But i did think there would be much more high level JPN Gouken players out there if he was given the go at tournies. Are you sure he's in internationally Bill.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

JP still mainly plays tournies on arcade boards, so you never see the console chars at all.
Poonkgo from Korea plays as Seth, so he's definitely not banned completely internationally...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on May 29, 2009, 03:33:12 PM
Poonkgo from Korea plays as Seth, so he's definitely not banned completely internationally...

If your Seth gets to that level Alan, what a fucking beast that would be.

Anyway, it's a console tournie so dur!  Of course console characters are allowed.  And this is a New Zealand tournie, so be fucking proud if somebody outside of NZ gives a shit about what characters we use.  Seriously.

Oh, and the prize for the winner is.... you get to spend time being my bitch :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

iMagneto

simon going to xlan tournament hue! come on!!

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

zos'la

its closed already.
good stuff simon, you getting the smack down from Hue.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.